Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

08-01-2018

United States of America

15 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 41 of 62

Re: Apps popping up or opening

2018-08-02, 2:21 AM

I am using MetroPCS, same network as T-Mobile I believe?

Options

12 Posts

11-23-2013

United States of America

12 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 42 of 62

2018-08-02, 3:03 AM

What's happening is the digitizer is either sending signals or the circuit it is on is receiving signals to make the "ghost" screen taps.  Either that, or a software/hardware malfunction is creating these spurious signals.

Prove me wrong!

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 43 of 62

2018-08-06, 17:30 PM

Hi RCBASS

This is totally odd. There are a couple of reasons why the phone is getting ads. One could be the apps you installed has an advertisement. Second, if we allow notification from a specific website, it could grant a permission to send ads on our phones (we have to always block this prompts when going to a website). Third, if we download (an image/mp3/or anything from a third-party apps/website). The only way for us to get rid of that is by clearing all the data from the browser, and uninstalling the third-party apps, Deleting the files we downloaded. If we don't know specifically which one is causing an issue, we can perform full factory data reset without installing/reinstalling any third-party apps. If we have done all these steps, then it's another story... I'd like to confirm. Where did you buy the phone? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 44 of 62

2018-08-06, 20:29 PM

Hi LNXGUY,

Thanks for that information. Try doing factory data reset without restoring any apps. This step will help us determine a software or a hardware issue. If the issue persists, then would suggest a repair.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 45 of 62

2018-08-06, 20:30 PM

Hi LNXGUY,

Thanks for that information. Try doing factory data reset without restoring any apps. This step will help us determine a software or a hardware issue. If the issue persists, then would suggest a repair.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

12 Posts

11-23-2013

United States of America

12 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 46 of 62

2018-08-06, 23:18 PM

Too late.  As I said weeks ago, this phone has been replaced with a new Z3.  I'm not going to spend any more time or frustration on a defective phone.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 47 of 62

2018-08-07, 21:24 PM

Hi LNXGUY,

Thanks for confirming. Sorry about that. Let me know if you need further help. I would love to help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

1 Posts

09-14-2018

Brazil

4 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 48 of 62

2018-09-14, 19:39 PM

I've been facing the same issue for weeks now. The apps open suddenly, either when I'm using the phone or when it's locked and laying over the table. In that case, it just vibrates and shows the keypad to unlock it. Then, when I unlock it, I see a random app in foreground. It happens so frequently that if I close all the apps, lock it and leave it untouched for about 15 minutes, I see that 3 or 4 apps where started. I noticed that it happens more frequently when I'm watching a video (screen unlocked) or listening to music (locked or unlocked). So, I strongly believe that it is related to voice commands.

The apps that are opened vary from Youtube, Weather app, Keep and Duo to Uber and Quik (GoPro). I've tried Settings > 'Apps & Notifications' > 'App permissions' > 'Advanced' > 'Special app access' > 'Display over other apps' and disabled everything. It didn't solve the issue.

My phone is a Moto Z2 Play running Android 8.0.0 including August 1, 2018's security patch level and kernel version 3.18.71.

After some attempts, I finally managed to get a short movie showing the issue. Spotify was playing a song and my bank's app just popped up. I cannot attach it to this message but I can forward it directly to you if needed.

The fact is that I think it's unacceptable to request us to do a factory reset. This isn't Windows. There's a problem out there and you must provide a solution instead of just denying it exists and claiming only a few users face it.

I'm waiting for a permanent solution and open to provide any information that may help you to identify its cause.

Options

9 Posts

08-01-2018

United States of America

15 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 49 of 62

2018-09-15, 3:09 AM

Yes!!!!  Happens ALL the time when I'm on YouTube!!☹️? .Still waiting for a fix!! 

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 50 of 62

2018-09-17, 15:27 PM

Hi leoknaipCarolynNev,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to know about that. Make sure that all apps are updated in Playstore. Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms