Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

07-29-2015

United States of America

31 Signins

469 Page Views

• Views: 469
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto Voice not listening - cannot reply to texts

2017-10-29, 0:31 AM

Not sure if this happened due to the recent Android update, but Moto Voice no longer listens on my Z2 Force.  It was all working fine until just very recently.  Google Voice commands all seem to work fine.

When I have Voice set to read out my texts and calls, I cannot say "Yes" and have the phone respond. It clearly has no access to the Mic, as you can see there is no sound being processed. All I ever get is "Sorry, I'm having problems now..." 

I use the SMS message readout feature EXTENSIVELY when driving.  I really need that to work. 

I can set all the "Show Me ..." commands, and the settings take fine, but the phone never responds to them. 

Options

19 Posts

07-29-2015

United States of America

31 Signins

469 Page Views

• Views: 469
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto Voice not listening - cannot reply to texts

2017-10-29, 0:47 AM
So, after playing around a bit, I solved this.

If I open the Google App (swiping right on my home screen) and then choose Settings (swipe Left edge on Google App screen to get menu), then tap OK Google detection, then disable Say "OK Google" at any time, the Moto Voice app has access to the microphone and things seem to work. Even "OK Google" works, but not when the screen is dark or locked.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms