Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 151 of 159

Re:Moto Z2 Force randomly turning off & battery drain issue

2020-03-31, 19:01 PM

Hi Fecto,

Pretty odd thing to happen on 4 devices, thanks for posting though. I'd like to further investigate and see if there's commonality. Can you share more details when it usually happen? Any activities you're doing before it happened? Also, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

04-07-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 152 of 159

2020-04-07, 2:53 AM

I am having the same issues as outlined in all the posts, I read all 16 pages and tried everything. My phone is 2 years old, and started doing this about 2 weeks ago. Please help ASAP, need my phone for business.

Options

10 Posts

08-25-2011

United States

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 153 of 159

2020-04-07, 2:59 AM

It probably needs a new battery. My Z2 Force is about 1.5 years old and battery is heavily degraded getting worse.. Accubattery app reads 70% capacity remaining, going down more every few days. Try to find a local repair shop and pray they don't crack the screen or tear a cable while swapping the battery because it is not an easy process. Many months ago the battery had bloated, pushing out the screen. But then it unbloated itself, no idea how. After this, degradation started to be more and more apparent. I recently got a 'Chargie' device that can automatically shut off power to the phone when the battery reaches a certain %, it may be helping. 

Options

1 Posts

05-06-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 154 of 159

2020-05-06, 23:27 PM
My wife's phone started turning off randomly two weeks ago as well. Battery drains fast from 100% to 50 % in 20 minutes. This must be an update issue. Next phone will not be a moto
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 155 of 159

2020-05-08, 17:35 PM

Hi ColoradoRoot,

Thanks for posting on the thread. This shouldn't be caused by the update. I'd like to help you, may I know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? There some troubleshooting provided here that you can try. Factory data reset is one thing you can try, that should solve most software related issues. Backup your important files, but we recommend not restoring them after doing factory data reset. Observe the phone without any files/apps restored. 

Once done, calibrate the battery. Here's the link for more info. 

Factory Data Reset:

Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

09-17-2016

United States of America

7 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 156 of 159

Moto Z2 Force randomly turning off & battery drain issue

2020-05-10, 15:58 PM

I haven't had any problems with the WiFi speeds on my Moto Z (2) Force; however, I definitely had a battery crap out about 14 months of light use. I did leave the phone charging overnight which I no longer do. I guess these smartphones are to dumb to automatically adjust the Turbo charging rate and turn it off when fully charged. After being fully charged, then it can check the charge periodically and slow trickle charge just to top it off and then shuts charging off again and so on.If the product isn't going to last more than a little over 12 months and just after the warranty runs out, why are we paying $700 for them? Why isn't the battery user-replaceable? Does it have to do with the water-resistant seal? Design a water-resistant phone with a separate section that allows battery swapping.I didn't like my options nor the wierd Lenovo/Motorola Mobile call center tech statements that danced all around the fact their is a battery charging design flaw or lack of a smart-charger circuit. All the tech did was quote data when and how the phone charged and impling it hadn't reached full charge and to leave it in longer!So, to replace the battery, it was either a $175 copay through US Cellular's wannabe warranty plan or at least $150 to ship it to Motorola for repairs. I had it done locally for $112 same-day service (3-4 hours later). I think Lenovo/Moto should pick up the tab! I had expected them to acknowledge there is an issue, do a recall and avoid another potentially dangerous, exploding smartphone battery like the Samsung model a few years back. I'm still tied to a contract to pay 30 months on a phone that lasts 14 months--what would you do? I will be shopping for a higher quality, non-Chinese manufacturer if there is one.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 157 of 159

2020-05-11, 14:42 PM

Hi whcumpston1,

I merged your post on this existing thread. Have you tried a different charger? Also, please try the troubleshooting provided on this thread. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

10 Posts

12-13-2018

United States of America

15 Signins

166 Page Views

• Views: 166
  • Message 158 of 159

2020-09-21, 17:55 PM

Odd thing I noticed is on mine the last full charge shows 282 days and it is 100% on the turbo charger.

How can that be. It is charged to 100% every day and always has been.

Is there a way to reset the last full charge days?

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 159 of 159

2020-09-29, 18:29 PM

Hi Acezhi,

We suggest performing a battery calibration on the phone by following steps below. Let us know if it helps.

To perform a battery calibration:

1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots
  2. Plug into supplied charger
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms