Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

246 Posts

12-18-2013

United States of America

187 Signins

1866 Page Views

• Views: 1866
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: Why did Moto significantly drop the battery life on this model?

2017-08-12, 15:41 PM

Did you HAVE to quote his long ass post? LOL

17 hours yesterday, 4.5 SOT. LOVE this phone. Camera is a big improvement over the T2. The B&W camera ...I was like MEH... when I heard about it. WOW. It's nice.

I made the right choice for me, no question.

It did annoy me that they included no back, but I kind of get it. A lot of people put these in cases and you remove the back to do so...personally, I buy the shatterproof phones because I don't do cases. But it would have been nice to include one.

I am getting a free one from.... a friend with a Z that uses a case.

The little rubber strappy thing so you can attach the headphone adapter to your headphones is a nice touch, Moto. Thanks for that. I bet Apple copies this and includes one with the next iPhone.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 12 of 16

2017-08-12, 19:30 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Good feedback. I still strongly disagree with Moto, as Battery life was actually the main driving force for me to purchase a Moto Z Play. I was looking forward to the new Z2, but the drop in battery life seems like a huge disappointment, as almost *every* review of this phone calls this out as a huge negative. 

True, we can speculate as to why. Let's hope the Moto Z3 learns from this mistake. As it stands, I'd love to give my $$ to Moto, but definitely not this year. 

Although they call it out, most reviewers show making it through an entire day with plenty to spare. Since i am coming from a GSM Z, it is a battery boost for me. 

Will you be purchasing one?

I ordered mine from Moto - It showed up in Fedex Memphis from China a few days ago, and just got released from customs. On time for Tuesday delivery, and beats the estimated date i got at time of order by a week. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

1 Posts

09-07-2017

Pakistan

1 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 13 of 16

2017-09-07, 4:56 AM

my battery work fine???

Options

462 Posts

11-20-2009

United States of America

207 Signins

2445 Page Views

• Views: 2445
  • Message 14 of 16

2017-09-07, 8:41 AM

You'd probably get better battery life if you have better coverage.  My bar is all green and I get roughly 6 hours SOT with 16 hours total.  That's on par with my S8+ and way better than my Nexus 5X with the same apps and such. 

Options

130 Posts

12-18-2014

United States of America

395 Signins

5963 Page Views

• Views: 5963
  • Message 15 of 16

2017-09-10, 3:46 AM

Only have had this thing a week or so.....came from a Perfect Droid Turbo. Yes I bought the mod/wireless charger (Tumi). I actually can get through a full day just with the smaller phone battery and have hit it hard at least for me. Smaller battery yes however this thing blows the old turbo away. I was in a panic after reading reviews however started using it without backup battery and was pleasently surprised! I will say I am not a gamer however I do rock the JBL mod with a little music and the news which seems to last forever. Not sure what they did to make this smaller battery work so well, however glad they did. LOVE how thin it is! 

Options

246 Posts

12-18-2013

United States of America

187 Signins

1866 Page Views

• Views: 1866
  • Message 16 of 16

2017-09-10, 3:56 AM

It's all about the processor. The Snapdragon 835 uses quite a bit less battery then the ones that came before it. Qualcomm gets the props for that...not Moto. Before I had it completely setup with all my apps and email account I hit over 6 hours SOT twice. I never managed that, even on a new Turbo 2.  

Very pleased with this phone. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms