Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-24-2018

United States of America

10 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 1 of 9

there's an internal problem with your device and it may be unstable until you factory data reset

2018-05-12, 16:30 PM

I have a Motorola Z2 force with tmobile and recently recieved a security update. In the past 2 days I recieved the message "there's an internal problem with your device and it may be unstable until you factory data reset" and it will only let me restart or power off my phone. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution other than doing a factory reset on the phone? 

I did try a search, but it did not turn up anything and my internet search turns up anwers for other phones and old results pertaining to older versions of android.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: there's an internal problem with your device and it may be unstable until you factory data reset

2018-05-14, 15:54 PM

Hi Westfall,

Thanks for posting. When did you usually receive the error message? Could you please elaborate? Thanks. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

04-24-2018

United States of America

10 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 3 of 9

Re: there's an internal problem with your device and it may be unstable until you factory data reset

2018-05-14, 16:23 PM

Hello Agent_Rich,

I completed my profile as you asked. I am not certian what information will help. I had the security update that downloaded about 2 weeks ago. Then last week a white box popped up on my phone Stating that  my device was unstable and needed a factory reset, there was another one I believe that said there was in internal problem that could cause damage to my phone, this locked up my phone and only allowed me to hit the ok button in the corner of the box, then I could power off my phone or restart my phone, then the phone would act normal for a day or 2 . I happened 3 times, roughly about mid afternoon each time (between 1pm and 4pm). It happened again yesterday  (5/13) and I got a little po'ed so I did the factory reset and I am slowly adding back app to see if it happens again. I want to say the last apps I added were Android Authority, Android Central, and Apply Geek. 

Options

2 Posts

05-14-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

75 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 75
  • Message 4 of 9

2018-05-14, 19:31 PM

I have EXACTLY the same issue happening, past few days! The first 2 times I just took the phone out of pocket to see the message. This time, today, 3rd time, the screen was flashing on and off on the lock screen every 2 seconds for about a minute then the message displayed. I tried a cache wipe but it didn't work, holding off the trauma of a FDR, I have also received the same security update as well as update to Android O!

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2018-05-15, 15:11 PM

Hi Everyone,

One aspect I'm thinking is the SD card. Do you guys have an SD card in your phone? If so, kindly take the SD card out to see if phone boots properly. If it boots up properly without the error, you may have to reformat your SD card. If it boots up with the error. We may need to proceed with the FDR. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

05-14-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

6 Signins

75 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 75
  • Message 6 of 9

2018-05-17, 8:18 AM

Hi Rich, thanks for the reply. Although I'm a little confused by your suggestion, in the sense that I am unsure if you perhaps are not fully aware of the issue. It is not during boot that the phone has an issue. During random times, the phone simply states the internal error message and requests a restart or it says do a FDR if it persists. The phone reboots without issue each time. Regardless I will do as you suggest.

However this morning I suffered the issue again. This time, I took phone out of offline mode upon waking up, the screen immediately started to flash on and off rapidly, as though the proximity sensor was being repeatedly covered and uncovered. Then a message flashed up first, which has not happened before saying: "Unfortunately System UI has stopped". Once this was cleared then the usual blank screen and white pop up message of "An internal.... please restart".

I am curious if the above and original poster has Android Oreo or not, as I updated a couple of weeks ago and did not have this issue before then! Could be coincidence or not...

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2018-05-17, 13:28 PM

Hi MrJD,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I understand your concern, what I meant about "boot properly" is that the phone should work normally. Let's proceed with the factory data reset, if the issue persists after doing so then this should go for repair. Here's the contact link for Motorola UK. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

8 Posts

05-25-2018

India

13 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 8 of 9

2018-05-25, 9:52 AM

I have a Lenovo K8 Note (unlocked). From the past 4 days I have been recieving the message "there's an internal problem with your device and it may be unstable until you factory data reset" and it will only let me restart or power off my phone. I tried factory reset, but the message was shown again after 1 day. And this is the 3rd time I have been doing this.

Initially, a box popped up on my phone Stating that  my device was unstable and needed a factory reset, then I could power off my phone or restart my phone, then the phone would work normal for a day or 2. It happened 3 times. and I got a little worried, so I did the factory reset to see if it happens again and it happened twice.

I have received the Android O update, since then there were few issues with the device such as low charging rate, high discharge rate, crashing of apps once or twice a day and recently the problem became worse.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2018-05-25, 19:49 PM

Hi Yogesh_10,

Sorry to know about that but this is for Moto Z2 Force Community. For you to have a better assistance please post on Lenovo Community page for K8 Note. Here's the link. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms