Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

44 Posts

01-06-2011

Poland

41 Signins

530 Page Views

• Views: 530
  • Message 11 of 35

Re: How I solved the error messages with my Moto Mods

2018-08-08, 14:40 PM

The problem is that in my case the contacts are perfectly clean, both at the phone side and the Mod side.

I don't know what should I do with the phone and the mod to have them dirty... Always keeping phone protective case on and keeping mod in its protective pouch.

But the Hasselblad camera application is not starting as it should from time to time. Then after I restart the phone it is working OK for some time. This is definitely NOT due to dirty contacts.

Options

42 Posts

01-28-2015

United States of America

76 Signins

1049 Page Views

• Views: 1049
  • Message 12 of 35

Re: Camera app crashes with TrueZoom under Android 8.0.0 (patch level 6/1/2018)

2018-08-08, 15:19 PM
That's unfortunate, but I hope enough people reporting this will help. I just read your post too, so I'll keep an eye on it. I think it helps for me to review forums for different models since they are similar (or at least use the same software)
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 13 of 35

Re: Hasselblad Moto mod camera errors and Soundboost 2 glitches !

2018-08-08, 15:55 PM

Hi xfiredanielsf,

We can try resetting the phone back to its default settings and see if it will help. Doing this will fix most software issues. To do the factory data reset: Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset. I would suggest not to reinstall any third-party apps to make sure it's an app issue. If you have important file please back them up so you won't lose any of it. Let me know if we're still having the same problem. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

42 Posts

01-28-2015

United States of America

76 Signins

1049 Page Views

• Message 14 of 35

2018-08-08, 18:03 PM

Rich, I appreciate the reply, but unfortunately, the time & effort required to back-up, reset, and re-install each 3rd party app at a time is too cumbersome to make it worthwhile especially since it is not easy to  reproduce consistently (i.e. Since I restarted the phone, the problem does not manifest itself at this moment, although it may reappear).

If there is a way to submit crash logs from the last time the app stopped, or perhaps reset the camera app's local configuration settings, I'd be willing to do that.

For reference, the box that the True Zoom came in states "Compatibility Requirements: Moto Z Phone with Moto Mods Platform 1.1 or later" and the label says "Type A0DA9", in case that hardware matters.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 15 of 35

2018-08-09, 15:48 PM

Hi danielsfxfire,

I think we're missing to test it on safe mode. If we haven't tested it yet in safe mode, here's the instruction:

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

I'm thinking of doing full factory data reset to make sure we isolate most software issues but we can skip that step for now. Please send me a BUG report, it will help us investigate.

BUG REPORT FOR NORMAL ISSUE:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

@xfire,

Indeed a video sample you're having with your Soundboost will help. Kindly send me a video too, together with a screenshot of you're experiencing with the Hasselblad mod. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

42 Posts

01-28-2015

United States of America

76 Signins

1049 Page Views

• Message 16 of 35

2018-08-09, 16:00 PM

@Agent_Rich
Thank you for the reply. The next time it happens (since you wrote "Once the issue is reproduced"), I will send a bug report.  (If it is OK to send it now after I restarted and the error does not occur, then I will do so)

Options

84 Posts

12-23-2014

United States of America

109 Signins

1199 Page Views

• Views: 1199
  • Message 17 of 35

2018-08-09, 16:09 PM
I sometimes have issues with my Hasselblad Mod even when the connectors are clean. Haven't figured out why, but most of the time, the issue is solved by cleaning my Z and it's Moto Mods.

Very sorry to hear that some of you are having issues with your Moto Mods as well. If I find anything that resolves my issues, I will be sure to pass it on in here.
Options

44 Posts

01-06-2011

Poland

41 Signins

530 Page Views

• Message 18 of 35

2018-08-09, 16:13 PM

I'm pretty sure that it's the application restart and module refit that resolves the problem. Not the actual contacts cleaning.

Options

84 Posts

12-23-2014

United States of America

109 Signins

1199 Page Views

• Views: 1199
  • Message 19 of 35

2018-08-09, 16:15 PM

Could be a combination of resetting, needing to be cleaned or Mod refitting. Moto Mods have to be attached just right to be able to work properly .

Options

44 Posts

01-06-2011

Poland

41 Signins

530 Page Views

• Message 20 of 35

2018-08-09, 16:19 PM
Hi again, @Agent_Rich !

First of all, I might add that I've done "factory reset" some time ago, hoping that this will resolve the problems. But no, two days later camera application refused to start, like before.

Taking bug report sounds good, I'll attach the mod in a moment, maybe the problem will appear right now. If not, I'll try to catch the log when it happens, together with the screenshot.

And I'll try to record a video showing how Soundboost 2 is behaving an what I was trying to describe. Then I'll share it.

Thanks for the suggestions for now !
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms