Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

10-09-2017

Italy

59 Signins

379 Page Views

• Views: 379
  • Message 1 of 10

Is it safe to charge simultaneously the phone and the turbopower pack without detatching it?

2017-11-13, 15:27 PM
Options

20125 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2600 Signins

65343 Page Views

• Views: 65343
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Is it safe to charge simultaneously the phone and the turbopower pack without detatching it?

2017-11-13, 17:55 PM

Yes, you can charge the phone with a battery Mod attached. It should first charge the phone and then the Mod.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

34 Posts

10-09-2017

Italy

59 Signins

379 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

Re: Is it safe to charge simultaneously the phone and the turbopower pack without detatching it?

2017-11-13, 18:13 PM

No, I intendend charging the two devices at the same time while the mod is attached (2 cables)

Options

957 Posts

02-20-2009

United States of America

1101 Signins

6501 Page Views

• Views: 6501
  • Message 4 of 10

2017-11-14, 21:07 PM

Wouldn't that require a two lead charger (if both devices are being charged off a single charging unit)?. Lenovo does not have such a device to my knowledge, which means you would be using a 3rd party device....something not officially tested or supported. That doesn't mean it will work, and doesn't mean it won't work...it means Lenovo can't tell you how an untested 3rd party device will work with their equipment.

As long as you are using genunie Lenovo chargers, everything should work as designed.

Options

34 Posts

10-09-2017

Italy

59 Signins

379 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2017-11-14, 21:45 PM

wrote:

Wouldn't that require a two lead charger (if both devices are being charged off a single charging unit)?. Lenovo does not have such a device to my knowledge, which means you would be using a 3rd party device....something not officially tested or supported. That doesn't mean it will work, and doesn't mean it won't work...it means Lenovo can't tell you how an untested 3rd party device will work with their equipment.

As long as you are using genunie Lenovo chargers, everything should work as designed.

If it is needed, I will buy a new genuine Lenovo charger (I have only one right now); I just wanted to know if I risk to damage the devices.  Charging the two devices at the same time could be a big boost in terms of charging speed, it could be very handy if you don't have to detatch/attach the mod every time

Options

6 Posts

12-21-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 6 of 10

2018-01-19, 2:56 AM
I second this question! I have 2 turbochargers and a Z Force with a Turbopower Battery mod. Since 2 ports are available, can we charge both ports at the same time for a lightning fast charge?
Options

192 Posts

07-28-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

193 Signins

2460 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 2460
  • Message 7 of 10

2018-05-21, 10:53 AM

This question is still without answer.... (please read the question before answering)

is the Moto Z2 Play and the Moto TurboPower™ Pack designed to be charged simultaneous while connected?

Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 8 of 10

2018-05-22, 18:16 PM

We don't recommend charging the phone and the mod simultaneously while they are attached to each other. It's not designed to work that way. However, as stated earlier in this thread, you can charge the phone with a battery Mod attached. It should first charge the phone and then the Mod.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

1 Posts

10-19-2018

Austria

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 9 of 10

2018-10-19, 20:40 PM

Came across this forum, since I was so annoyed about the product design. Which id*** did design this ? You cannot charge both Mod and mobile *without* unplugging the charging cable. (I don't think this would be a complicated electronic engineering task)

So I am really astonished you mention the words "charge simultaneously" and "Turbopower Pack" in one sentence. This simply is not supported. Only in sequence and *only* when unplugging USB-C from Mod after phone is charge. That's at least what I see. And this is *so* frustrating ! First you designed a Mod without a distinct USB-C connector to charge separately -> fail , then you design one with separate USB-C connetor, but are unable to complete task of charging both mobile and Mod *without* unplugging the USB charge cable from the mod -> again fail. Next you tell you'll suspend the complete Moto Z* series at all. Oh man, you do wrong all you can !!! THis was such a great phone !

Options

192 Posts

07-28-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

193 Signins

2460 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 2460
  • Message 10 of 10

2018-12-02, 21:02 PM

wrote:

Came across this forum, since I was so annoyed about the product design. Which id*** did design this ? You cannot charge both Mod and mobile *without* unplugging the charging cable. (I don't think this would be a complicated electronic engineering task)

So I am really astonished you mention the words "charge simultaneously" and "Turbopower Pack" in one sentence. This simply is not supported. Only in sequence and *only* when unplugging USB-C from Mod after phone is charge. That's at least what I see. And this is *so* frustrating ! First you designed a Mod without a distinct USB-C connector to charge separately -> fail , then you design one with separate USB-C connetor, but are unable to complete task of charging both mobile and Mod *without* unplugging the USB charge cable from the mod -> again fail. Next you tell you'll suspend the complete Moto Z* series at all. Oh man, you do wrong all you can !!! THis was such a great phone !

connect the charger to the phone and it will charge both your phone battery and powerpack. in any sequence of connecting this works. 

it seems though you're insisting on charging the whole thing from the USB-C on the powerpack.... why is that so important? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms