Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 21 of 40

Re: Minimum volume is way too loud

2018-06-28, 18:52 PM

Hi maxkl,

Is there any difference with the sound? If I understand you correctly the sound when it's in the minimum volume it is as loud as the maximum volume. Am I getting your concern correctly? Could you please send me a sample video with a sound showing the main issue? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

06-24-2018

Germany

28 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 22 of 40

2018-06-29, 8:27 AM

Ah, sorry for not making this clear: The volume can be adjusted just fine, but the problem is that it does not go as low as one would expect. So it goes up to full volume when the volume slider is at the highest setting, and the sounds get quieter when pressing the volume down key (just like any other phone). But when the slider is set to the next higher setting above muted, the sound is not as low as it should be (but not as loud as on the highest volume setting!).

With the app called "Precise Volume" the actual underlying output level can be adjusted in percent (at least thats what I think it does). On the highest volume setting it shows 100%, when muted it shows 0%. When adjusting the volume up from muted, it first jumps to 36%, and on subsequent adjustments it increases in smaller steps of around 5% up until it hits 100%. When setting the percentage manually, 10% provides about the volume that the lowest volume slider setting should produce.

I'll try to do a screencapture of this, however I am unable to film my phone and record actual sounds because I have just this one phone.

Regards

Max

Options

8 Posts

06-24-2018

Germany

28 Signins

102 Page Views

• Views: 102
  • Message 23 of 40

2018-06-29, 9:03 AM

Ok, here's a video of the issue (no sound, but using "Precise Volume"): https://youtu.be/U_jRes9Ar1I

I hope this helps

Max

Options

34 Posts

10-09-2017

Italy

59 Signins

379 Page Views

• Views: 379
  • Message 24 of 40

2018-06-30, 10:06 AM

wrote:

Hi maxkl,

Is there any difference with the sound? If I understand you correctly the sound when it's in the minimum volume it is as loud as the maximum volume. Am I getting your concern correctly? Could you please send me a sample video with a sound showing the main issue? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Minimum volume is not as loud as the maximum volume (obviously), but it's still too loud. That's the problem. At night, watching videos (youtube, facebook, instagram etc...) at the minimum volume can be annoying for other people in the same room or, especially late at night, even in other rooms.

We've tried all the '''''solutions''''' suggested, including speaker test, safe mode and factory reset, but (again, obviously) none of them worked, since it's a software bug.

The only way to deal with this problem is to install a third party equalizer app and activate it at night, lowering all the frequencies. But those apps are completely unreliable and work 1/3 of the times.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 25 of 40

2018-07-02, 18:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting this. I appreciate all your feedback. I will pass it along to the Product Team. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

88 Posts

12-30-2011

United States of America

208 Signins

3193 Page Views

• Views: 3193
  • Message 26 of 40

2018-07-24, 12:04 PM

This is how I understand the problem:

Max volume = 100%

Min Volume = 36% (approx).

What is being reported is that it does not appear to be possble to set the volume to anything from 1% to 35% without use of an external app...the the lowest volume choices are 36% or mute.

Hence "minimum volume <36%> is too loud"...

Options

2 Posts

11-22-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 27 of 40

2018-11-22, 12:34 PM

This has been the single most dissapointing thing about having this phone, I gave up looking for a solution after I first got the phone.

How does a problem like this actually make it into a final product and how does it go so long unrectified? I just imagine some staff taking this phone home and using it during the testing phase, how was it not noticed there? it's since been brought up by end users, recognised by yourselves and still no solution. Also during writting the code, somebody must of worked on this specific task and as other users have mentioned, minimum volume is way up at 36%, how was this not noticed??

Is this ever going to be rectified or do I have to put up with it until my next handset? the only way to watch a video in certain situations is holding a thumb over the speaker to muffle the sound, classy

Options

8 Posts

03-27-2018

China

25 Signins

109 Page Views

• Views: 109
  • Message 28 of 40

2018-11-23, 3:25 AM

use precise volume (buggy but works)

or

get your phone rooted and make all volume down ( maxium volume will also be decresed )

Options

2 Posts

11-22-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 25
  • Message 29 of 40

2018-11-27, 11:10 AM

Pretty frustrating you buy a product and you have to go through additional steps to get the volume fixed. I downloaded said app but I have to open a different app alongside what I am using to turn the volume down, and then 1 touch of the volume button and it reverts back to 36%

Options

34 Posts

10-09-2017

Italy

59 Signins

379 Page Views

• Views: 379
  • Message 30 of 40

2018-11-27, 11:16 AM

Yes, precise volume works that way. It has also a feature that ovverrides system volume control, but is very buggy. The only reliabile solution is to root and use a Magisk module called Viper (be sure to disable the battery optimization for Viper).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms