Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1656 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1130 Signins

56309 Page Views

• Views: 56309
  • Message 1 of 6

Say Hello to New Possibilities with Moto Z² Play and Moto Mods!

2017-06-02, 16:06 PM

Since our launch last year, the Moto Z™ family of smartphones with Moto Mods™ has allowed people to do things they never thought were possible with a phone. From projecting a 70” screen wherever you are to turning your phone into a camera with 10x optical zoom, the Moto Mods platform offers unprecedented mobile innovation. :smileywink:

The Moto Mods ecosystem continues to grow. We’re adding more Moto Mods into the mix — and we’re committed to continuing this. With the next generation of products, you can experience new ways to transform your smartphone.

Moto Z² Play: Thinner, Lighter & Faster

With a thinner, lighter design and faster performance, the second generation Moto Z² Play delivers on the features you care about, while still offering transformative experiences with Moto Mods.

With a powerful combination of style and strength, Moto Z² Play features an all-metal unibody design that not only looks great, but stands up to everyday wear and tear. The 5.5” Full HD Super AMOLED display offers razor sharp details, no matter what you’re looking at. You get up to 30 hours of battery life and a 2.2GHz octa-core processor to power through your day – and well into the next¹. Forget to charge your Moto Z² Play overnight? No problem – get up to eight hours of power in just 15 minutes of charging.²

You’ll take brighter, sharper photos, even in low light, with the combination of laser autofocus and dual autofocus pixel technology on Moto Z² Play. The next generation laser autofocus has an expanded range of up to 5 meters, so you can focus on objects 3 times further in a virtually dark environment. And with the 5MP front camera and dual color corrected flash, you’ll look great in your selfies day or night.

Moto Z² Play offers great Moto Experiences too. The Night Display feature will automatically adjust your screen to warmer tones at night, reducing the blue light that can disrupt your sleep. And the new instant queries in Moto Voice will provide helpful info like weather or calendar updates, or automatically launch an application without having to touch or unlock your phone. With a redesigned fingerprint reader, you can activate one button nav to quickly move through screens. Swipe left to go back, right to access recent apps, tap to go home, and use one long press to lock your phone. And with no buttons to clutter the screen, you get a much better view.

While this precision crafted smartphone is impressive on its own, Moto Z² Play can also instantly transform into exactly what you need, when you need it, when paired with Moto Mods.

Want more info? Please check our Blog. :smileywink:

Register for updates here. :smileyhappy:

Options

121 Posts

10-13-2016

United States of America

178 Signins

1786 Page Views

• Views: 1786
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Say Hello to New Possibilities with Moto Z² Play and Moto Mods!

2017-06-09, 9:14 AM
LOL!!! This just a thinner Z Play with virtually no hardware differences. Just as thin as a Z Force, or Z with all the same hardware as the Z Play... Should have just been made that way to begin with with the headphone jack on all the devices.
"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
-Bruce Lee
Options

471 Posts

03-08-2013

Germany

450 Signins

5250 Page Views

• Views: 5250
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-07-08, 23:48 PM
Just being curious, why did Lenovo decide to make the battery smaller. Thinner device does not hold as an argument because of the Camera bump.
With virtually the same hardware and with a downgrade in battery and camera, i do not see why i would buy Moto Z2play when Moto Z Play is available for 300 euros
Options

3 Posts

08-20-2017

United States of America

5 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-08-20, 21:27 PM

I'd like to ask a few questions pertaining to the mods. My first Z device will arrive on 8-30 and I want to have some do and donn't knowledge beforehand. 

How do mods with built in batteries like the JBL Sound Boosters, game pad and turbopower packs recharge?

Will the handset power a mod when its primary power source is drained?

How quick do mods drain their power when not in use?

As I've read, will, next year's Z models be the last year original mods will be backwards compatable?

Options

88 Posts

12-30-2011

United States of America

208 Signins

3193 Page Views

• Views: 3193
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-09-01, 12:47 PM

wrote:

...How do mods with built in batteries like the JBL Sound Boosters, game pad and turbopower packs recharge?

I just received my first Z phone (Z2 Play Unlocked) on Wednesday and got the JBL Soundboost 2 as a bonus...It has its own battery and can be charged either by charging the phone with the mod attached (as I understand it the phone charges first) or you can use the Z charger...usb C...to plug directly into the back of the mod while detached from the phone to charge the JBL separately. I have'nt played with it long enough yet to speak to how the phone/mod deal with the JBL running out of its own juice.

Other mods have their own recharge process. One of the Wireless battery pack mods (can't recall if its the Incipio or the Tumi) can be charged independant of the phone on a wireless charging pad or while plugged in to the phone while the phone is charging.

Options

192 Posts

07-28-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

193 Signins

2460 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 2460
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-09-01, 17:04 PM

wrote:

wrote:

...How do mods with built in batteries like the JBL Sound Boosters, game pad and turbopower packs recharge?

I just received my first Z phone (Z2 Play Unlocked) on Wednesday and got the JBL Soundboost 2 as a bonus...It has its own battery and can be charged either by charging the phone with the mod attached (as I understand it the phone charges first) or you can use the Z charger...usb C...to plug directly into the back of the mod while detached from the phone to charge the JBL separately. I have'nt played with it long enough yet to speak to how the phone/mod deal with the JBL running out of its own juice.

Other mods have their own recharge process. One of the Wireless battery pack mods (can't recall if its the Incipio or the Tumi) can be charged independant of the phone on a wireless charging pad or while plugged in to the phone while the phone is charging.

Lucky you receiving the the JBL Soundboost 2 as a bonus !

I received a Style Shell (black herringbone nylon) as a bonus....  why the difference? LOL

I don't know which of the mods is really worth the money though. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms