06-03-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

MOTOACTV: Motocast won't read device is empty

2013-06-03, 1:54 AM

I have a MOTOACTV 8GB device which Motocast is reporting only 0.19GB of free space.  I have deleted every instance of a playlist and mp3 on the device and MotoCast is still reporting 5.19GB of Music on the device.  I usually maually move mp3 files into the MOTOACTV->mobile->music folder manually and remove the files manually.   But I also deleted any synced music in the MotoroalMediaLink_Mac->Music folder.  How can I get MotoCast to read the device correctly and recognize it is empty?  I have tried the factory reset several times and that does not work.  Is there a way flash this device to original o/s? 

Note: When I attempt to manually transfer files the file manager reports there isn't enough space.  I don't even see a folder with a size bigger than a few MBs.

Also, it is updated to the latest version.

Please help.  Device is almost useless at this point.

Solved! See the solution
Options

3 Posts

06-03-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: MOTOACTV: Motocast won't read device is empty

2013-06-03, 2:04 AM

I figured out the answer.  I connected to the device via command line and found there was a hidden file named .Trashes that contained all of my deleted files.  Once I entered the command rm -rf .Trashes/501/* Motocast reported 6.70GB of free space.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete