03-21-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

MotoCast & Window 8

2012-12-12, 4:17 AM

I have MotoCast installed on my computer. I didn't have any problems with it after I upgraded. I even reinstalled the program. However, my phone can no longer see that my PC is online. Even the MotoCast website says my laptop is offline. The only change I made was installing Windows 8. Any ideas how to get my laptop to show online?

Options

9 Posts

04-11-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: MotoCast & Window 8

2012-12-19, 19:33 PM

I am having a similar issue since I upgraded to Windows 8.  It keeps telling me the PC is offline and the PC keeps popping up a message that it can't make a secure connection.  I know it is an issue with my Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 becuase it works if I disable it but I have not been able to get it to work with it on yet.  I have it setup as a trusted app and trusted in the firewall but still no luck.

Options

37 Posts

03-21-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2013-03-07, 20:42 PM

So this was working for a while and now again the web portal says my PC is offline and my Droid 4 can not send pictures to my PC. Does anyone have any ideas?

Options

3 Posts

04-05-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2013-04-11, 13:51 PM

1 hr 20 with motorola on the phone and no help mostly on hold Level "2 tech support" Blah blah blah.  They claim they have never heard of the issue. I got a email 2 days later saying they are closing my file. The best help i had was whenhe told me to try a differant log in..

It worked for 10 minutes. and then same issues. I dont know whats going on.

Three hours with Sony Tech support doing a remote access. (Sony Because i just bought this new computer just to run motocast. 12gb ram Core I7 Windows 8 64 bit 2gb graphics.)

No help from either.

Firewall/antivirus completely shutdown.

Wireless and Directly connected to 35mb/s speed tested connection.

Same issues as everyone else. I found that it works some time if i install from hooking my phone up via usb and downloading motocast and not updateing it but it still does not work.

Last night I went to bed after changing my power setting on my computer to do not tun off screen. it worked like a charm. I was getting all excited that motocast worked through the night. I got to worktoday and Boom!!! OFFLINE!!!!!  wifi and 4GLTE.

I am only tring to stream maybe 1GB of photos. nothing big.

Every now and then there is a popup that says to contact support@zumodrive.com  or zumocast.

I emailed them with no response in a week.

I have uninstalled motocast and jave and reinstalled over five times, Never worked.

I see a old forum from 2011 with simular issues. with no fix.

I have this installed on a Win xp and also a win 7 and they work flawless for the past year.

Options

3 Posts

04-05-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2013-04-13, 15:45 PM

IT APPEARS I GOT MINE TO WORK!!!!!

I would like to share my luck with someone else. Here is my steps.

I restored my pc to factory setup "formatted" what ever you want to call it.

I made sure I gave it plenty time to download and install all updates for the system.

Restarted several time in the proccess. Once everyting was installed and updated. I installed  Java.

Restarted.

Checked for and installed updates.

completly shut down my antivirus and firewall.

Installed the motocast.

When prompt to setup. I unchecked all the boxes so it allowed folder.so None of the folders it has pre set up.

once it was completed I restarted again.

Then it prompt me to do a update.

I did. when completed I restarted again. Now seems to be working for about 8 hours.

I hope this helps someone out there.

I was fighting this for the past three weeks. and was looseing my mind. No help from motorola!!!

Just keep trying. Dont change any setting in your pc.

Windows8 64 bit, 12 gb ram. quad core I7

Options

1 Posts

06-03-2013

United Arab Emirates

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2013-06-03, 22:27 PM

Hi there. I am having a different problem with win8. I have been using MotoCast with WinXP for almost a year but I had to renew my computer with the dreaded Win8. First after I installed MotoCastUSB it worked, except the sync. When reconnecting the Razr a few times it stayed longer and longer on Wait while..... And soon after that it won´t start MotoCast when I connect my phone. I removed the program and Java too as I read somewhere that it might be a culprit, and installed it again, the Java first and then MotoCast, the newest version. But the same thing happened again. I can access my files through windows explorer but the MotoCast won´t work and I can´t even open it manually. So the connection between the computer and the phone is o.k. So I ask, will there be a usable version of MotoCast with the win-hate or is there a way to run it in winXP mode?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete