Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardluck
What's DOS?
Views: 509
Message 21 of 38

Re: 500 - Server Error

I suggest that everyone rate the app in Google play to warn others of the poor support. I'm sure there are countless others wondering why it is not working.

motorolaunprofe
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 38

I'm calling Verizon tomorrow and informing them of the situation. I suggest
all of you also call your carriers.
zubedobop
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 38

I use Motocast to stream music from my computer at home, and to backup photos to my computer at home. If they cancel the service, I don't know of another app that does quite the same thing. (I do not want to ever backup anything to the 'cloud'.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 24 of 38

Hey all,

I have no information regarding a cancellation of Motocast - but I reported to the right people.

Fingers crossed that this is an easy one to sort out.

Cheers,

Nicole

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 25 of 38

motorolaunprofessional said:

This is one of the most unprofessional companies I have ever dealt with. I spend almost an hour wasting my time reinstalling software and troubleshooting before contacting the chat customer service rep. He was clueless, as is most of Motorola. I asked if the servers were down and he  sent me generic responses and gave me the run around. Nice communication. Way to let your customers know that an update was being done. Great job at lying to your customers. Inept customer service reps that don't speak enough English (even the supposed level 2 rep) to even grasp what I am saying, and Im well spoken. Ive owned over a dozen Motorola phones, but am now seriously considering switching my entire company to Samsung. Ill be downloading Dropbox and I may never turn back. How can you not have an answer or timeframe for your customers? Im fed up. Im also contacting Verizon so that they can understand the kind of company they partner with. Im loyal, but morally against being lied to. 4 days down and counting.

View original

Hey,

I just checked in the system but I can't find an entry. If you want to PM me I follow up and bring your feedback to the right place - no one should be lied to.

I know there is room for improvement regarding time frame announcements (there is for every company) and not every agent will have the same knowledge regarding specific topics. Improvement potential here as well. It definitely sounds like your query could have been handled better and I will let them know.

But our agents are all bi- and trilangual (being able to speak 2+ languages is a hiring requirement for level one and 2 tiers) and you will agree with me that it's hard to find a native English speaker who speaks another language well enough for the phone.

Hope that inspires second thoughts. Waiting for your PM.

Cheers,

Nicole

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 26 of 38

MotoCast was eliminated on the HD series and it was discussed in this forum a year ago. And it has been listed as a Sunset app in the menu in this forum for a while.

The problem is definitely with communication. Motorola should have announced publicly that the app was going to be discontinued when the decision was made. 

But unless you never bank online, or shop online, or work remotely, or send an email, or make a phone call, or send a chat, or use Facebook, Twitter, G+, or any other social network, or share your location, or any of a million other things, your information is already in the cloud.

The minute we plugged in our routers (which preceded mobile data) our information was in the cloud.  We just didn't realize the impact and ramifications of that simple act. Today, we do.  We must be prudent about what we put out there, but we also have to be aware that the cloud storage of our pictures and music really isn't going to make much of a difference compared to the information about us that's already out there.

MadGuy1961
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 38

I have not heard back from the support person yet, but I have concluded that they have killed it completely.  The app is no longer available for download from the Google Play store, and hasn't been for several days.  About the same time this problem started.  It just took me until now to put 2+2 together.

I also discovered last week before the service was killed that Motorola bought the service from a third-party - Zumo (http://www.zumocast.com).  They then put their name on it and discontinued some of the services shortly thereafter.

Here is another message board covering basically the same issue:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/719021-no-more-zumocast.html

I think this is a classsic bait & switch.  Buy out the competitor, offer the service until you reach saturation then kill it and steer users to your own service.  As one person in the forum above said "accessing your own stuff from your own machines doesn't exactly fit in with Google's plan".  Google wants you to pay them, so they're not going to offer a free service any longer than necessary.  Sign you up for the free service, get you hooked, then kill it and offer a replacement service you have to pay for.

I have said since the late 90's that all cell phone carriers suck.  Now it looks like I can add Google (the owner of Motorola Mobility) to that list.  Sady, now even Google doesn't want Motorola Mobility anymore.  Motorola Mobility is being sold to Lenovo - a Chinese company.

There are other apps out there with similar capabilities (I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Google buys them and shuts them down), but be careful.  Pay close attention to the permissions.  I found a free one called Polkast that reads your call log (sees who you called and who called you), and reads your contacts (collects email addresses and phone numbers of everyone in your phone).

I grew up in Phoenix where Motorola was a semicondunctor manufacturing powerhouse employing thousands of people, at one time being Arizona's largest private (non-government) employer.  My mother worked there for 10+ years, my ex-wife worked there for 19 years, my GF's mother worked there for 20 years.  It's truly sad to see what Motorola, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions have devolved into.  Bob Galvin must be turning in his grave.

GeorgeSamsa
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 38

well now it is page cannot be displayed so is it possible that they shut down motocast and zuno?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 29 of 38

Possible.  Also possible that they took it offline to see what went wrong.

No way to know right now.

hardluck
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 38

IT'S BACK!!!!! Just reset everything and it now works! For how long only time will tell. Maybe posting in Motorola's Facebook page made a difference. Hope it works for all of you as well!

All I did is reset up everything, only because I deleted it prior while trying to get it to work.