Message 31 of 38

Re: 500 - Server Error

Back up 2/7/14 !!

MadGuy1961
What's DOS?
Views: 551
Message 32 of 38

yep, confirmed.  They're back online.  I first discovered it when I got a strange email from support indicating that I had not responded so they were considering my case solved.  But out of curiosity I started the Motocast app and it finished configuring and everything seems to work as before.

Thank you Motorola for proving this cynical old man (me) wrong!

GeorgeSamsa
What's DOS?
Message 33 of 38

yes!! thank you motorola Smiley Happy

Idefix
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 38

OK, online and working again.

Previously i made a support ticket to motorola email support, haven't recieved an answer yet. Just a confirmation my case would be further investigated.

Quite intrested in what response i will get and a reason for this hickup.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 35 of 38

I doubt that there will be an explanation of what happened, but I suspect that it was just a server hiccup.  

On the other hand, I find the fact that the same thing happened to two "Sunset" apps, MotoCast and MyMotoSpeak, more than just a coincidence.  

The fact that the app is working again does not mean that Motorola has changed its mind about retiring the app.  It just means that the server needed attention in some way, and the end date has not yet been reached.  

Since we don't know when the end date is, or how much notice we'll get of the end date, it's probably a good idea to start working on an alternate strategy that doesn't include MotoCast.

trotter611
What's DOS?
Message 36 of 38

Zizo said:

Same problem

But I did not update the system.

And it was working about three-four days ago.

View original

trotter611
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 38

Spoke to someone at Motorola on Chat line. They said it was being discontinued. I should use Google play music and google plus for pictures and a few other Apps. It started about a week ago for me. Thought it might have been an upgrade I downloaded 2 weeks ago. It was motorola , but for some reason they are not notifying anybody about motocast.

hardluck
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 38

Mine is still working since my last post! Just waiting for the day the plug is pulled.