Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cloud21
What's DOS?
Views: 353
Message 1 of 7

How to change the automatic upload directory

Hello, I need to change the automatic upload directory on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit because I keep all the pictures on another hard disk (example: D:\Pictures\MotoCast Uploads) but i can't find a way to do it, I've searched in some configuration files on the motocast program path, even on the windows registry but found nothing. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks

Cloud21
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to change the automatic upload directory

Anyone?

XXPepper
Token Ring
Message 3 of 7

Cloud21 said:

Anyone?

I did look, as a fellow traveller, but had no luck and didn't want to clutter the thread. So just giving you a "yo". 

It is quiet over here.  From the lack of feedback one can only assume that the programmers are, FTU, off deciding what else they think it should do.

Cloud21
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

Thanks anyway, I'm looking forward for an answer, since my disk with c:\ is an ssd and I don't want to fill it full.

XXPepper
Token Ring
Message 5 of 7

Cloud21 said:

Thanks anyway, I'm looking forward for an answer, since my disk with c:\ is an ssd and I don't want to fill it full.

Here is a work-around for this problem to save space on your SSD.  You redirect the "Pictures" folder to your other drive.  The new location on the other drive becomes the official "My Pictures" where MotoCast will store your stuff.  

(Success depends on the MotoCast programmers, but if they've used the system variable for the "Pictures" folder, then this will work.)

Hope this is helpful.  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Redirect-a-folder-to-a-new-location 

FYI and completeness: Another possible work around would be to map a partition from the other drive to be an extension of your C drive. (See item #2 on this link.) This way is more ambiguous though, and I don't think that you can specify to use this extension partition, so it probably isn't applicable for your problem.

Cloud21
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

thanks but unfortunately no, the path is hardcoded to c:\Users\myuser\pictures (WHO USES HARDCODE THESE DAYS?!) as for the second option i'd rather wait for a fix.

Thanks anyway.

random_name00
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

I know this is old, but I have this problem also and found it while searching for a fix... Even with redirection, it still dumps it into <path>Pictures, the pictures is hard coded... the folder on my other drive is "My Pictures", so I have to fish for the folder every time...

Good job, programmers...