Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sallyc1
802.11n
Views: 362
Message 1 of 5

Manually upload pictures with Motocast?

It seems I used to be able to select pictures and upload them from my phone to my pc using Motocast.  But when I went to do it now, it's not possible as far as I can tell. I know that with the updates MC has been separated out from Files and Gallery, but using the MotoCast app, I just can't figure out how to do it.

I have my Settings to auto upload pictures (via wifi or data) but I find it often doesn't auto upload them all.  Does anyone know how to go and select ones to upload?  There must be a way, but I'm just not finding it. 

Thanks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: Manually upload pictures with Motocast?

moved to Motocast section for better support.

sallyc1
802.11n
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply, distortiondale.  I've not heard of that app and will look into it.

Motocast used to allow you to manually move files. The functionality was built into the Gallery and Files apps before they split off MC as a separate app.  I love MC enough that when looking at replacement phones I've ruled out ones that don't support Motocast.  I don't know why they would remove this but I think they did.

If I am using the MC app and open up Photos,  if I open up the photos on my pc and long press on one I can View or Download. If I go to the Device tab and do the same, my options are View or Delete.  It appears the only way you can upload is to set Auto upload in the Settings.  I've done that but it doesn't always upload all the pictures. That's why I wanted to be able to manually upload.

If they've removed this functionality, they've really crippled the usefulness of MC, imho.  I'll look into AirDroid and hope someone familiar with MC can tell me if there's a way to do this that I'm missing.

sallyc1
802.11n
Message 4 of 5

Are you saying you can manually select a picture and upload it to your pc?  Can you tell me what app & menu point you use?

aldo-1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

sallyc said:

Thanks for your reply, distortiondale.  I've not heard of that app and will look into it.

Motocast used to allow you to manually move files. The functionality was built into the Gallery and Files apps before they split off MC as a separate app.  I love MC enough that when looking at replacement phones I've ruled out ones that don't support Motocast.  I don't know why they would remove this but I think they did.

If I am using the MC app and open up Photos,  if I open up the photos on my pc and long press on one I can View or Download. If I go to the Device tab and do the same, my options are View or Delete.  It appears the only way you can upload is to set Auto upload in the Settings.  I've done that but it doesn't always upload all the pictures. That's why I wanted to be able to manually upload.

If they've removed this functionality, they've really crippled the usefulness of MC, imho.  I'll look into AirDroid and hope someone familiar with MC can tell me if there's a way to do this that I'm missing.

View original

I totally agree with you. Before the JB stand alone motocast I used to be able to upload specific files to my pc via copy paste using the My FIles app and it would appear in my PC in a Folder titled motorolamedialink. This was my favkorite feature of motocast that's why I never tried to use custom roms. If you happen to know how to manually upload files please post it.