Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicesquad
What's DOS?
Views: 315
Message 1 of 2

Moto ACTV dissapointment

Fellow ACTV users.

After many months of trouble, constantly trying to fix issues with my ACTV my unit has given up the ghost. The battery will not hold it's charge and other strange behaviours effect the ACTV including buttons not working properly and ANT+ losing contact with chest band.

The ACTV has helped me greatly by encouraging daily exercise, and, although not entirely accurate with calories burned has spurred me on to lose weight. The Hype worked and I now feel helpless without my ACTV.

Despite my persistence with this very unstable gadget MOTO have basically kicked me in the proverbial nuts when I asked for service and support. I called UK support and explained that my unit is out of warranty and needs repair, which I will pay for, the UK Moto customer service rep said 'THROW IT AWAY" !

My trust in Motorola not only with regard to the way customers are treated ( The ACTV cost me £200 ) but their environmental policy is terrible. If we want our broken Motorola items repaired and, as I did, offer to pay for the repair it seems they have no real support for customers.

After my useless and negative phone conversation with the Motorola representative I have now written to them and explained my anger and frustration over this issue.

Surely we can do something about this disregard for customer goodwill and environmental shoddiness ?

I warn you fellow users - when your ACTV breaks, as it surely will, do not be surprised to meet repair requests with a cold ,sharp negative reply.

Kindest regards

Paul Rooney

London.UK

bahman1
What's DOS?
Views: 315
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto ACTV dissapointment

You're not the only one disappointed. A friend of mine bought one per my recommendation and returned it shortly after due to quality/instability issues. Mine worked for almost a year flawlessly, but then started to mis-behave. After 2nd attempt @ fixing it through motorola, it was returned partially put together w/ a note stating there is liquid damage and motorola (flextronix cm in mexico) will not fix it. I thought device was to stand rain and body sweats, so I cannot understand how liquid got in there playing golf in sunny california.

Any way, after starring at it for a while I decided to open it up and put together (w/ seals closed properly). It then came up and has worked well ever since!! I'm waiting for next generation of smart phones to come up before investing on my next golf gps. Surely, it will NOT be a motorola device (preferably, it'll run ios).