I tried and it failed

marmarinou
802.11n
Views: 506
Message 42 of 62

Re: MotoCast ID - "Unable to connect"

jfazny said:

I tried and it failed

Then next step will be for us to get some log files from your PC, if that's OK with you.  I will send you details via the Inbox.

Med
Paper Tape
Message 43 of 62

Hello

I'm having the same problem - it can't connect to the servers. I don't use any MotoCast apps, I just want to check for an update to my device via Settings--About phone---System updates. The exact error is as follows;

"Motorola account required

"System updates" is not available without a Motorola service account.

Would you like to set up an account now?"

I press 'Setup' (I have my data and background data enabled) and it proceeds saying "Communicating with server. Please wait" and just sits there for a minute then I get the message "This is taking longer than expected. We will continue to try in the background". I hit 'Ok' and it goes back to the last screen I was on, i.e: Settings--About phone, and nothing ever happens after that.

It has been like this for months. I do not want to do a system reset. I have tried clearing the app data but to no avail. I always have a good connection and can download apps and surf the web without trouble and have tried this both with data enabled (as mentioned above) and with a good wifi connection but it still fails every single time. Is it possible the accounts.db file (in /data/system/) is corrupted? Please send me this 'magic email' that seems to be helping others, or other instructions on how to fix this. Thanks in advance!

Running Droid Razr XT910 currently living in China and with China Mobile (2G/Edge).

marmarinou
802.11n
Message 44 of 62

Med said:

Hello

I'm having the same problem - it can't connect to the servers. I don't use any MotoCast apps, I just want to check for an update to my device via Settings--About phone---System updates. The exact error is as follows;

I press 'Setup' (I have my data and background data enabled) and it proceeds saying "Communicating with server. Please wait" and just sits there for a minute then I get the message "This is taking longer than expected. We will continue to try in the background". I hit 'Ok' and it goes back to the last screen I was on, i.e: Settings--About phone, and nothing ever happens after that.

It has been like this for months. I do not want to do a system reset. I have tried clearing the app data but to no avail. I always have a good connection and can download apps and surf the web without trouble and have tried this both with data enabled (as mentioned above) and with a good wifi connection but it still fails every single time. Is it possible the accounts.db file (in /data/system/) is corrupted? Please send me this 'magic email' that seems to be helping others, or other instructions on how to fix this. Thanks in advance!

Running Droid Razr XT910 currently living in China and with China Mobile (2G/Edge).

Med: Since your question has nothing to do with MotoCast, I would suggest posting it in the DROID RAZR forum:

https://forums.motorola.com/hives/680bee9fa6/posts

Your situation is unique though, due to using a model intended for the Verizon Wireless network with China Mobile instead ...

lhau
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 62

I have the same problem, can someone send me the fix as well? Thanks!

Leozinho
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 62

Hello

I'm having the same problem - I cannot connect from any app... besides, i got this issue below: 

I press 'Setup' (I have my data and background data enabled) and it proceeds saying "Communicating with server. Please wait" and just sits there for a minute then I get the message "This is taking longer than expected. We will continue to try in the background". I hit 'Ok' and it goes back to the last screen I was on.

I'm running ICS, over 3g and wi-fi, from Brazil. As everyone else here, I don't wanna factory reset my phone... Can you help?

Reidway
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 62

Me too. New DEFY + wont login regardless of connection, WiFi. Have account via my laptop but the phone is thus far useless. Smiley Sad

PG1976
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 62

Has anyonecome up with an answer for this? i created an id online but when trying to add it to my phone it just sits at communicating with server and i never get to enter my log in information.

MarkASteele
What's DOS?
Message 49 of 62

THIS IS F()&U*( ING  RIDICULOUS... i CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW MOTOROLA COULD LET THIS GO ON SO LONG.  I have been trying to solve this damn ERROR 20 .. unable to connect, try again later error for 10days.. and I called Motorola support and what I got after 5 transfers and 1 hour on teh phone with India was.. 

"Well the website might be down, try again in 2 days"...

WHAT THE F(&(*& ??

Reidway
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 62

It took me almost 2 months to connect my phone with NO assistance from MOTO. In the end its the worst phone I've ever had. Does Fb, photos, even youtube fantastic but make a phonecall? nope it wigs out and force quits. Open contacts- it dies again. A PHONE THAT WONT MAKE PHONE CALLS!!!! IF i want to call someone I need to allow about 5-10 minutes for the thing to run the call. I even tried throwing it accross my car one day in frustration hoping it would break and i could buy a NOKIA but it is shock proof..

I CANT wait to buy a new phone..I'm going to call MOTOCARE and while its on hold video setting the phone on fire and post it to Youtube.laugh