cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ETPhoneHomeT
802.11n
Views: 354
Message 1 of 2

No more Motocast support on new Moto phones?

One of the best Moto apps to ever come along IMO has been Motocast as it allows me to access files (music, photos, videos, documents) stored on my home PC's hard drive using the Motocast app on my Droid Razr Maxx.  It's great because it's an alternative to cloud storage that's free to use and allows me to free up storage space on my phone.

I'm nearing my 2-year update time and starting to keep tabs on newer Moto phones and from what I'm seeing, Motocast wireless is only supported on the Droid 4, The Razr/Razr Maxx and some Xyboard models.  Apparently the software is not supported on the Razr M or HD phones nor the newly released Moto X , Mini, Ultra or Maxx. 

I just had an online chat session with Moto support and the agent said he would pass along my views to the appropriate parties for further comment.  From the sounds of it, Motocast is probably a thing of the past.  That's unfortunate.

Looking at the Play Store, I see an app called FileLinx PRO which may have some of the same functionalty but costs $14.99.  Anybody tried this app?  It doesn't appear to have many downloads, but the customer reviews are fairly favorable. 

grandsport
Broadband 3G
Views: 354
Message 2 of 2

Re: No more Motocast support on new Moto phones?

Yeah - great app. Will be keeping my MAXX until it dies. Still running great on JB (battery life still great, no lag) and still have MotoCast and an SD Card, a status bar that is functional and easy to read, and all of my apps still work.