Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CheezWiz
Paper Tape
Views: 2,971
Message 1 of 5

Corporate meetings no longer recognized by Assist

So when I first got my Moto X, Assist was great. Then came the updates. At some point it stopped recognizing appointments on my corporate calendar. Then it started working again in a later update. As of the last update it is not working again. The calendar appointments show fine in the default calendar app and the Office 365 calender is selected at one of the ones to monitor in Assist but it will not recognize any corporate calendar appointments and mute the phone.

I have tried the clear data on the app to no avail.

Anyone else seeing this bug? I know from looking at the reviews in the play store that I am not the only one.. but it is hard to tell if review issues are bug or user related.

Stephen in TN
#SaveDarkMatter
laurem
Token Ring
Message 2 of 5

Re: Corporate meetings no longer recognized by Assist

I posted a similar question to the Moto X 2014 forum... I have only had the X for a couple weeks so I don't have that past experience, but I find that if I create an appointment on the Moto X itself into my corporate calendar, it is recognized by Assist, but appointments or meetings that were added in Outlook, or invited by others via Exchange, are not.  Have you tried creating an appointment on the X to see if that makes a difference for you too?

mrumsey
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

I have the Droid Turbo and I'm having the exact same issue with Assist not seeing corporate meetings from Office 365.  I can either create the meeting from my phone to that account or do it from my workstation and neither are detected by Assist.  Creating appointments on my Google calendar, when from the computer or on the phone, work perfectly.  I've only had the phone for three days but I swear it worked on day one before an update came down.

CheezWiz
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 5

laurem said:

I posted a similar question to the Moto X 2014 forum... I have only had the X for a couple weeks so I don't have that past experience, but I find that if I create an appointment on the Moto X itself into my corporate calendar, it is recognized by Assist, but appointments or meetings that were added in Outlook, or invited by others via Exchange, are not.  Have you tried creating an appointment on the X to see if that makes a difference for you too?

View origina

Lauren, I tried what you suggested and you are correct. If I use the built-in calendering app to place a meeting on my 365 calender, the Assist will honor that as a meeting. If I put a meeting on the corporate calender any other way, it never recognizes it. That should help the programmers narrow down the issue if I could ever figure out where we submit a bug report... 

Stephen in TN
#SaveDarkMatter
mrumsey
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

CheezWiz said:

laurem said:

View origina

Lauren, I tried what you suggested and you are correct. If I use the built-in calendering app to place a meeting on my 365 calender, the Assist will honor that as a meeting. If I put a meeting on the corporate calender any other way, it never recognizes it. That should help the programmers narrow down the issue if I could ever figure out where we submit a bug report... 

View original

Once I rolled my Moto voice app back to the factory version I then got similar results to you, CheezWiz - from the phone to Office 365 was fine, but putting the appointment in on my PC and syncing to my phone did not work.