Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ProfessorC
Punch Card
Views: 4,068
Message 1 of 7

Connect doesnt show my devices

The Connect Chrome Extension was reporting that it couldn't connect to my phone this morning, as is pretty typical. I usually get it working again by launching the Connect app on my phone and setting up the Chrome Extension device again. Annoying, but not really a big deal.

This morning I launched the Connect app and it just came up with the "Let's get started" screen as if no devices had been set up... apparently losing track of not only my previous Chrome Extension device, but also my Moto 360. Heavy sign.

BUT... I went to re-set up a Moto 360 device by clicking on the +, selecting Moto 360, and it takes me to the screen for my watch (mirroring the current setup - watch face, name, etc), and even says "Connected" in the upper left. But I return to the main Connect screen (either by back softkey or tapping on the image of the watch) and it still doesn't list the 360.

Seems to be no way to get the device back on the list, even though the app knows it's set up and connected.

What can I do?

This is sooooo frustrating that, even though I have a totally Motorola ecosystem soup-to-nuts, I still have problems like this. I could (almost) understand (somewhat) if I had some other manufacturers phone, another manufacturers headphone, and another manufacturers watch... but this is all Motorola. You'd think they'd test at least their own devices so they work flawlessly together!

ProfessorC
Punch Card
Message 2 of 7

Re: Connect doesnt show my devices

So here's more weirdness.

I rebooted my phone, just to see if that helped. When I launched Connect immediately after the reboot, my 360 was showing in the list. I went to begin the re-set up of the Chrome Extension, and after I got to the last page and tapped "I'm in", it took me back to the main page and, once again, the Moto 360 was missing and it just displayed the "Let's get started" message.

UPDATE:

Has nothing to do with setting up the Chrome Extension. I rebooted again just to see. After the reboot, I went straight to the Connect app. The 360 was listed, but said "Disconnected". Didn't touch anything. Waited a few seconds (apparently as Wear went through it's connection sequence) and then the 360 just vanished from the list as I watched. Notification panel shows "Android Wear - Connected", but the Connect app shows nothing.

TimTurbo
Broadband 3G
Message 3 of 7

I had a similar experience after the Android 5.0.2 on my Moto 360. I resolved it by un-paring my 360 from my Turbo, rebooting both the 360 and the Turbo and then re-pairing. Next I went to Moto Connect and re-added via +. I confirmed that the 360 was showing as connected in Android Wear and then went back to Moto Connect and confirmed the same. After a few times of my Moto 360 complaining about completing Motorola Connect Setup I went to Wear and re-synced apps and all has been good since.

Hope this helps! yes

TimTurbo
Broadband 3G
Message 4 of 7

ProfessorC said:

Thanks @TimTurbo.

How did you manage to pair the 360 and the Turbo outside of the Connect app?

Whenever I try to do so, neither device can find the other. On the Turbo, I tap to make it "visible to nearby devices", and "Scan for nearby devices" from the 360... it finds other devices, but never the Turbo. And if I try to "scan for devices" on the Turbo, it finds other devices but never the 360.

The only way I've ever been able to pair the two is to launch the Connect app and have it search for the 360. It finds it no problem, and adds the pairing to the BT profile.

Has this not been your experience?

View original

Going to walk through it now so I can update the steps that I took. I'll update this comment once I complete them. smiley

TimTurbo
Broadband 3G
Message 5 of 7

More well defined steps...

1. Unpair Moto 360 from Turbo's bluetooth menu by selecting the Moto 360 settings and "unpair"

2. Reset Moto 360, wait for reboot to complete.

3. While at "Install Android Wear on your phone" prompt on Moto 360 open Android Wear on the Turbo.

4. Follow the prompts to pair the Moto 360 in Android Wear running on the Turbo and accepting the pairing prompt on the 360.

5. Open Moto Connect and confirm Moto 360 shows connected and select Customize. Update any watch face.

6. Select Moto Body Profile Update, Confirm Moto Body Profile Update information has not changed and select "Done"

7. Select Open Android Wear from Moto Connect. Select Settings (Gear icon), confirm setting and then Resync apps.

8. In Android Wear select your prefered watch face. If using Watchmaker, Open WM and set your watch face.

All setting should be the same as before the reset of the Moto 360 as they are retained on your phone.

Hope this helps. yes

ProfessorC
Punch Card
Message 6 of 7

No need  laugh

I followed your steps, unpaired the 360 using Android's BT settings, rebooted both devices, then just used the Connect app to pair the two like I've always done... and now the 360 shows in the Connect devices lists again. So Best Answer to you! *

I'd still be interested to know if I'm the only one that can't get them to pair outside of the Connect app, though wink

UPDATE:

Thanks for the more specific steps. It didn't seem to require actually resetting the 360, a simply reboot worked for me (in actuality it was probably the repairing that did it more than anything). But maybe if that doesn't work for others, they can go the extra step of a reset.

* cripes... hit "Best Answer" on the wrong post (mine)... now I feel like a narcissist. Here's a bit of trivia... once a Best Answer is selected, there doesn't seem to be any way to revoke it   :-/

TimTurbo
Broadband 3G
Message 7 of 7

No sweat @ProfessorC. I'm just happy you got it working again!smiley

Yep, Once its set there's no going back, at least that I've found. frown