Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
photo_ted
What's DOS?
Views: 244
Message 1 of 3

Connect from Linux (Kernel 4.0)

It seems as though Connect is broken when trying to connect from a Linux box running the kernel 4.0.  My work PC closes the connecting dialog without any message or indication of what is going on.  My home machine tries endlessly without success.  Just for grins I did remove and reinstall the Chrome extension.  I can connect to my Moto X (2nd gen) from a Windows box so it appears to be OS related.

At work I am running Chrome Version 43.0.2357.125 (64-bit).

I use this functionality a lot so having it down is painful.

Tx,

Ted

TimTurbo
Broadband 3G
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connect from Linux (Kernel 4.0)

Have you tried removing and re-adding your Google Account from your Moto X? This seems to fix the same issue on systems running Windows and has worked for me. Not sure that it will work on a Linux based system, but worth a try. wink

Hope this helps! smiley

photo_ted
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connect from Linux (Kernel 4.0)

As it worked from Windows I made the assumption the problem was with Linux Chrome connecting to the Moto Connect server.  It turns out to have been the case.  By the time I got back from vacation it was fixed.  I appreciate the thought though.  I have had some success restarting the phone to shake things loose.  I didn't think of taking the next step you suggest.  Thanks.