Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
int21h
What's DOS?
Views: 442
Message 1 of 5

MOTO X and Motorola Connect Chrome extension

RESOLVED: I cleared Chrome cache and was able to establish connection.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome Extension multiple times and also unlinked and re-linked my account on the phone (MOTO X 1st Gen). When launching extension, I am redirected to this page at the following (truncated) location:

https://motocastid.motorola.com/ssoauth/login?...

and all I see is: This webpage is not available

Clicking on Show Details reveals: The connection to motocastid.motorola.com was interrupted.

Any idea how to get Motorola Connect working again?

Google Chrome: Version 39.0.2171.62 beta (64-bit) on Mac OS X 10.10

mike_298347
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 5

Re: MOTO X and Motorola Connect Chrome extension

I fought this issue for days... no connection between phone motox and connect.. pissed me off to no end.. cleared out crome on another unrelated issue and boom it started working again...so thumbs up to the OP on this..

Jrussell
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

For anyone who is having connectivity issues with the Chrome extension, even after clearing the cache, you will need to take a look at your antivirus program. In particular, anyone who uses "Avast" will need to check if the application is preventing Chrome extensions to function (by blocking them via firewall/"web shield") To check this, open Avast, and select "disable protection" you can set it for 10 minutes, 1 hour, etc, but for the purpose of troubleshooting, just select "10 minutes" (unless you want to leave it off for longer- do so at your own risk) restart Chrome, and see if that helps. If Connect works, then you know your antivirus is blocking it. Add an "Exception" for Google Chrome and that should solve it. 

ProfessorC
Punch Card
Message 4 of 5

Jrussell said:

Add an "Exception" for Google Chrome and that should solve it. 

View original

Heh... but if you use Chrome for all your web browsing, you've pretty much defeated "Web Shield" at that point, haven't you?

Seems like adding an exception for Chrome as a whole is a bad idea. Wonder if there's a way to find the URI that the extension uses to access the Connect web service and just add an exception for that.

britoutofwater
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

For those who come across this post when searching for an answer, clearing the cache alone did not work for me. I specifically needed to clear the cookies for motocastid.motorola.com. To do so in Chrome:

1. Go to Settings

2. Click the Content Settings button (under the Privacy heading)

3. Click the All cookies and site data... button

4. In the Search box, type moto

5. Hover over the motocastid.motorola.com entry and click on the X to the right to remove it.

You should (hopefully) now be able to sign in again!