Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oturn
What's DOS?
Views: 3,249
Message 1 of 5

Motorola Connect / Google Hangouts

Using the default SMS app, viewing an SMS on the phone marks the message as read in Motorola Connect. Viewing the message in Motorola Connect marks the message as read on the phone. This has always been extremely convenient! However, this does not work while using Google Hangouts for SMS messages. Will this be addressed in a future update? Thanks!

Don't know how many of you have noticed this, but the most recent Google Hangouts updates brought custom alert notifications per conversation. Finally....and I finally have a reason to switch to Hangouts.
Ophidian
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 5

Re: Motorola Connect / Google Hangouts

I literally just figured this out today as I was trying to figure out how to get rid of messages from a number that I blocked.

Very tricky and frustrating.

oturn
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Can anyone close to or on the Motorola Connect team answer this question? Will Connect eventually be upgraded to mark as read messages received by Hangouts, and vice versa? We need this functionality back for Google's preferred SMS app! Thank you.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5

Moved to the Motorola Connect section.  Hopefully someone in this area will have an answer for your question Smiley Happy

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
oturn
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Surely someone here is either associated with the Connect team, or knows someone that is? Can you please get my question forwarded? Surely Connect will clear Hangouts messages at some point? It would be a real shame if not.