Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
disillusioned1
What's DOS?
Views: 712
Message 1 of 7

Motorola Connect frequently logs out on Chrome

The Chrome extension is pretty neat but it's sort of unfortunate that it seems to go grey nearly all of the time and force me back through the login process a lot. I fully exit out of Chrome regularly so this is especially frustrating.

UnrulyZen
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Motorola Connect frequently logs out on Chrome

I also have this issue. I do not fully exit Chrome frequently, and yet experience exactly the same problem: every 2 days or so, I am force-signed out of Motorola Connect.  

Running Chrome 32.0.1700.77 beta on Ubuntu Saucy.

MarcWinNJ
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

I primarily use safari but keep chrome running in the background. I find that the extension works very inconsistently. When new messages comes in it often never pops up and when a call comes in there is a long delay for it to ring. 

I also find that it does disconnect and sometimes it requires a log out and log back in

mh0520
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

I have a VZW Moto X and I've noticed that this is happening to me as well.

I hoped that maybe it was just an issue with 4.4 and that an update to 4.4.2 would fix this but it does not seem to have had any improvement. Is this still an issue others are seeing?

It would be really nice to understand this better because it seems like it would be a minor nuisance but it can be pretty annoying when it happens several times a day.

Highlighted
instigator
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

I have same issues...running Droid Turbo and Chrome.  Connect is just very flaky, it would be great if it worked.

TimTurbo
Broadband 3G
Message 6 of 7

(Motorola Phones Only) 

Have you tried dis-associating / re-associating the device on your account?

Go to "Settings > Motorola ID > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Change account > unlink". Then go ahead and set your account back up on the phone and confirm you can access Motorola Connect from Chrome. This has resolved other Motorola Connect / Chrome Extension connection issues and may help with some of the issues mentioned in this thread.

Updated March 6th...

It appears that the steps to unlink your google account from your Motorola ID have changed slightly since the last update...

Once you have selected the settings menu (3 dots) you will be now selecting "Change account", then at the bottom of the page select " unlink" where it shows " You may also unlink your account". Next answer "OK" in the popup dialog stating " Unlinking your account will disconnect all Motorola services ". 

After unlinking your account use Settings > Motorola ID to re-establish connectivity to your google account used on your phone. Note that the account you use on your phone must be the one you use for your Motorola ID so that Motorola Connect will function. 

Hope this helps!  smiley

tardis131
Paper Tape
Message 7 of 7

Lost Moto Connect between my Chrome browser extension and Droid Turbo. After trying for quite a while to reconnect, I uninstalled the extension. Cleared cache/data on the mobile app. Went back into the app and sent myself the invitation (Resend Email) to the Chrome Extension. Got the "We will send an email to... " pop-up.  But no email. Repeated on a few tries, but never received them.

BTW - tried the "Change Motorola ID" but each time I tried to unlink the account, the phone gave me an Error: "An unknown error occurred. Please try again."