cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
“Anything different is good…
Motorola Admin

…but this could be real good.”*

I have big news for members of the Motorola Owners’ Forum.  We’re moving!

That’s right, we’re packing up the communities, the posts, the comments and all of our beloved members and migrating to a new platform.  Our new platform (on Lithium) will have all the great features of this site, as well as some new ones – including greatly improved mobile access from your phone. (That’s one I think we’ve all been waiting for.) If you have had problems posting in the past, this should solve that problem as well.

The site will still be found at forums.motorola.com, and you’re going to still see the same great MOTOXPRTS and Moto Agents helping out. We’re taking advantage of Lenovo’s great forums site, but otherwise we’ll be carrying on as usual with our forums and the Motorola Feedback Network.

We hope to complete the move within a month.  Here’s what to watch for:

• In the next week or two, you will receive an email from the Lenovo ID Team (lpsadmin@account.lenovo.com - this is a send-only account). You don’t have to do anything – it simply indicates that we have created your Lenovo ID that will allow you to use our new community.
    • At some point we will switch our current site to read-only mode while we move all the content to the new site. Our goal is to make this period as short as possible. Once the new site is ready for business, we’ll send you another email and invite you in! We’ll have more instructions then.

There will be some other changes, such as to our points-and-status system, but we’re still working through those now.

Have questions or comments? Please post here and I’ll do my best to respond.

Thanks,

Matt

* Who can name the movie where this line can be found?

119 Comments
Moto Sr Moderator
What's DOS?

Wow .  BIG MISTAKE.   should have gone with JIVE collaboration software instead. Makes lithium look primitive. It's what tmobile uses. Super intuitive and feature rich.

What's DOS?

Groundhog's Day!

802.11n
Looking forward to it! Thanks for the hard work always!
802.11n

Appreciate the effort! And only a few days post-Groundhog Day, too.

How about a link to a sample of the Lithium forum?

802.11n
I don't know anything about the Lithium platform, but this is wonderful news. Thanks for the update!
Punch Card

Lithium is horrible. And, I'm sure their over-aggressive mods have just tagged me for removal for saying that. I'll say good-bye now.

Motorola Admin

ogman said:

Lithium is horrible. And, I'm sure their over-aggressive mods have just tagged me for removal for saying that. I'll say good-bye now.

View original

Lithium won't be moderating the forum -- it's just software. Moderation will be just like it is now. 

Motorola Admin

jtorral said:

Wow .  BIG MISTAKE.   should have gone with JIVE collaboration software instead. Makes lithium look primitive. It's what tmobile uses. Super intuitive and feature rich.

View original

We used to be on Jive and it was a pretty good platform. But Lithium is our destination.

Motorola Admin

crystallet said:

I can!  I can!

View original

Love that bit. laugh

Motorola Admin

tominbristol said:

View original

Great idea! Here's a link to the Lenovo community on Lithium. Ours will be similar in many ways but will have a new graphic look -- and of course, it will be coated with Motorola goodness. 

WARNING: Please don't create new IDs over there -- will just complicate things for the move.

Punch Card

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

ogman said:

View original

Lithium won't be moderating the forum -- it's just software. Moderation will be just like it is now. 

View original

That's great news. I'll say hello again! Smiley Wink

Punch Card

tominbristol said:

View original

Great idea! Here's a link to the Lenovo community on Lithium. Ours will be similar in many ways but will have a new graphic look -- and of course, it will be coated with Motorola goodness. 

WARNING: Please don't create new IDs over there -- will just complicate things for the move.

View original

The Lenovo community is great. I didn't realize that was Lithium software. And yes, I know it says so at the bottom of the page. Been a member for years and never looked at the bottom until today.

Motorola Admin

Monty611 said:

Groundhog's Day!

View original

Correct, of course. And I know crystallet was first!

Motorola Admin

Monty611 said:

Groundhog's Day!

View original

Correct, of course. And I know crystallet was first!

What's DOS?

I'm no longer a Motorola Owner. Nor Android Customer. I got fed up with lies about OS updates. Fragmentation and clumsy software. In iPhone 6s heaven.  The way mobile should be. 

Signing off forever. 

802.11n
Best of luck to you!
Blue Screen Again
And the MFN will be working as usual?
Broadband 3G
This is awesome news, thanks!
802.11n

Hello,

It doesn't support Tapatalk, so I am sad.

What's DOS?
Disappointed alot about disappearing the brand Motorola...i don't like a Chinese phone... And a Chinese brand
Bit Torrent

crystallet said:

I can!  I can!

Love that film. Own it... had to get it out and watch it again.

View original

Bit Torrent

Interestingly, the email message announcing this news went straight to my spam folder in Gmail, though none of my other Motorola Forum messages are filtered out. It had some features that Gmail thought indicated a 'dangerous' message. Hmm. Very odd. I peered at it suspiciously at first, but then I said to myself ... "It's signed 'Matt' and I know him, so this is obviously legit."

Also, since a new format is in the offing, I won't insist that we correct the heading above left  " Post An Reply"   

Looking forward to a new and improved MFN. Thanks, everyone, for all your hard work.

What's DOS?

Awesome news!.. Looking forward to it!

Token Ring

I no longer am an active member of this forum & would like for my account to be suspended&/or deleted & NOT HAVE MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION FORWARDED TO THE LENOVO ID TEAM.

Moto Sr Moderator

jtorral said:

View original

We were on Jive before Oracle (Current software) and it was a nightmare for us. I am glad that we aren't going to Jive. I am glad that TMo is doing good with it. I would rather go to Lithium or something else, but not Jive.

Moto Sr Moderator

cassiusvm said:

Hello,

View original

The Lithium software is mobile friendly. It will adjust itself to the size of the display that you are using. It works pretty good. I think most people will be happy with it. My sister has a website that does this and it works very nicely on mobile devices. Smiley Happy

What's DOS?

Hi

Thanks for the update.

Hoping to meet other owners of my thirty year old MR30 brick, still working perfectly!

802.11n

Amazing news! Looking forward to the new forums!

802.11n

cassiusvm said:

Hello,

View original

Tapatalk sucks these days tbh... The way it handles forum links in Android is horrible. It's like it opens, closes and opens again, it takes forever to open a forum link. I realized that with most forum sites mobile friendly these days, I don't need Tapatalk anymore. So I uninstalled it.

802.11n

tominbristol said:

View original

View original

Will all our subscriptions be migrated as well? In other words, will we still be subscribed to the posts that we are already subscribed to?

802.11n

salim.awad said:

cassiusvm said:

Hello,

View original

Tapatalk sucks these days tbh... The way it handles forum links in Android is horrible. It's like it opens, closes and opens again, it takes forever to open a forum link. I realized that with most forum sites mobile friendly these days, I don't need Tapatalk anymore. So I uninstalled it.

View original

I haven't this issue. It's working fine for me.

802.11n

cassiusvm said:

salim.awad said:

cassiusvm said:

Hello,

View original

View original

I haven't this issue. It's working fine for me.

View original

When u open a forum link from email, does it open in Tapatalk immediately? Also, after opening a forum link in Tapatalk, if u try to open another link from outside Tapatalk, does it take u to the correct post in Tapatalk? For me, if I open a link from outside Tapatalk, and then try to open another link also from outside Tapatalk, the second link would load Tapatalk into where I left off instead of taking me to the correct post. I would have to close Tapatalk from the recent apps and then click on the other link to open it to the proper post. It's just not working for me. This behavior is on all my devices, so it's not an issue with the device.

Maybe u just use Tapatalk from the app only and you don't open forum posts from external links (ie: email). This is the only way I would see Tapatalk working properly.

Fanfold Paper

What about MFN (Motorola Feedback Network) will it remain? or it will be removed

What's DOS?

Bola pra frente MOTO!!

Token Ring

View original

I personally have no intention of creating yet another ID... angel

But it does beg the question of how those of us (well, I can speak only for me) with two, unmerged accounts will be handled, (and for the record, which I requested September of last year to have merged and/or resolved.)

I realize you are working on all of the details pertaining to transition, but I'm concerned that issues which have already arisen from me having two accounts (not of my choosing) will make life more confusing if I ever need to use my purchased warranty on my XPE.

Thanks!

Motorola Admin

Firewing999 said:

And the MFN will be working as usual?View original

Yes, the MFN is continuing to grow and we'll be resuming operations on our new platform.

Motorola Admin

salim.awad said:

View original

Will all our subscriptions be migrated as well? In other words, will we still be subscribed to the posts that we are already subscribed to?

View original

What a fabulous and insightful question. At this point the answer is yes, barring any unforeseen barrier. We made this a priority, because after our last move (Jive to RNT for those of you not keeping up!) when we didn't migrate subscriptions, the activity level plunged. Hoping to avoid a big fall-off and shorten the recovery time after this move!

Motorola Admin

frankliinmoraes said:

Bola pra frente MOTO!!

View original

A comunidade Português será movido mais tarde, mas estamos ansiosos para tê-lo ! (Via Google Translate)

Motorola Admin

SohailHusen said:

What about MFN (Motorola Feedback Network) will it remain? or it will be removed

View original

Yes, the MFN has grown tremendously and we're definitely moving it to the new site. There will be some behind-the-scenes changes to how we operate, but it should be pretty much the same for members.

Motorola Admin

Princess.pooh said:

View original

I personally have no intention of creating yet another ID... angel

But it does beg the question of how those of us (well, I can speak only for me) with two, unmerged accounts will be handled, (and for the record, which I requested September of last year to have merged and/or resolved.)

I realize you are working on all of the details pertaining to transition, but I'm concerned that issues which have already arisen from me having two accounts (not of my choosing) will make life more confusing if I ever need to use my purchased warranty on my XPE.

Thanks!

View original

Duly noted. We have reopened this effort to merge duplicate accounts and I while it may not happen before the move, we're going to focus on fixing issues in our registration area.

For the record, you will still opt-in to the Motorola Feedback Network, and register your devices, in the current way using your "My Stuff" profile. We're going to focus on fixing registration errors and problems there so that we have the most up-to-date and correct records.

802.11n

salim.awad said:

View original

View original

What a fabulous and insightful question. At this point the answer is yes, barring any unforeseen barrier. We made this a priority, because after our last move (Jive to RNT for those of you not keeping up!) when we didn't migrate subscriptions, the activity level plunged. Hoping to avoid a big fall-off and shorten the recovery time after this move!

View original

Good to hear that! Yeah you're right, many users (such as myself) rely on email notifications from subscriptions to participate in the forums!

Another question, will we still be able to sign in with our Google accounts?

802.11n

"There will be some other changes, such as to our points-and-status system, but we’re still working through those now."

I was just going to ask about this, after re-reading the opening post.  I sure hope that we don't have to start from scratch on this.  Exciting times ahead!

Motorola Admin

kmf1 said:

"There will be some other changes, such as to our points-and-status system, but we’re still working through those now."

I was just going to ask about this, after re-reading the opening post.  I sure hope that we don't have to start from scratch on this.  Exciting times ahead!

View original

The points system on Lithium works entirely differently than RNT's. However, because we record many of the same activities, we have high hopes of a system that basically preserves the same relative status of our members among one another. But the actual levels will definitely change -- we won't be working to earn the "Bionic" level going forward. Instead we hope to have more enduring markers on the status ladder. And there should be some other changes to how status works that I think you will dig. More on that as we get closer to a comprehensive plan -- probably during this coming week.

Motorola Admin

salim.awad said:

Good to hear that! Yeah you're right, many users (such as myself) rely on email notifications from subscriptions to participate in the forums!

View original

Most definitely -- you can continue to use Google. We will be adding other social media log-in options as well, like Facebook.

802.11n

salim.awad said:

View original

Most definitely -- you can continue to use Google. We will be adding other social media log-in options as well, like Facebook.

View original

Great! Exciting times ahead, especially that I'm patiently waiting for my new 2015 Moto X Pure to arrive!

WWAN

I surely hope that the new platform will fix the Profile problem that I've seen for the past year, of the name of my Phone Service Provider disappearing and reverting to Null soon after every one of my attempts to correct it back to T-Mobile.  I just saved it AGAIN a few minutes ago.

It would also be nice if the Tablet lines of the Profile would accept names of other brands of tablets since there hasn't been a Motorola branded tablet sold for several years.

802.11n

Please don't make the mistake again of not allowing us jump straight to the unread posts in a thread. Currently, you have to Sherlock yourself to the last read post. 

Moto Sr Moderator

Sri2702 said:

Please don't make the mistake again of not allowing us jump straight to the unread posts in a thread. Currently, you have to Sherlock yourself to the last read post. 

View original

The Forum Manager can't make the forum software do what it can't do.   ;-)

Motorola Admin

f38urry said:

I surely hope that the new platform will fix the Profile problem that I've seen for the past year, of the name of my Phone Service Provider disappearing and reverting to Null soon after every one of my attempts to correct it back to T-Mobile.  I just saved it AGAIN a few minutes ago.

It would also be nice if the Tablet lines of the Profile would accept names of other brands of tablets since there hasn't been a Motorola branded tablet sold for several years.

View original

Yeah, we think the first issue will go away once we've moved. We're removing the tablet field entirely.

Top Kudoed Posts