02-03-2016

US

2394 Signins

59483 Page Views

• Views: 59483
  • Message 1 of 238

Big changes to the Motorola Feedback Network

2012-03-22, 21:41 PM

A couple of years ago we had this idea. What if we had a group of volunteer owners who we could call on for feedback on software, how they use their phones, and for details on a variety of issues? Since we first put out the call for volunteers, the registration count for the Motorola Feedback Network has climbed to more than 20,000 -- looks like it was a pretty good idea!

However, those processes we started with were not designed for such numbers, and that's been a problem. Outdated phone models and serial numbers were hard to update, typos could ruin your participation, and the recruiting system was always breaking down.

So we've changed it. Here are some important things to know if you want to become, or continue as, a member of the Motorola Feedback Network (MFN).

1. Now, the only way to register is through your forum profile. This can be done when you sign up for a forum membership, or by visiting your profile here on the site. (Click on your own name to get there.) You will see this at the top of your profile - click the links there to register:

2. As a result of this change, only forums members will be able to participate in tests and projects. While this has always been a rule of the MFN, the links to register were often passed on to non-members. Soon, you won't be able to sign up without signing in.

3. The new registration process will also require that you submit a valid serial number (MEID, etc.). If you don't, you can still be a forums member, but you can't be in the MFN. We need that number to push software, etc., and this way we know it's valid going in. (The other good news is that if you switch phones you can now keep your information up to date so we always have what we need.)

4. To remain a member in good standing, you will have to provide feedback. In the past, some percentage of owners signed up for software tests, etc., and then "took the software and ran" without providing us with comments or survey responses. Even though it isn't a huge number of people, we really just want to work with those who keep their commitments. We understand that a member may miss once in awhile so this will only effect those who never or rarely give feedback.

Another advantage of the change is that you can register multiple devices on your profile and indicate which of those you want included in the MFN. On our end, we think it will make it much, much easier to generate lists of owners, send invitations, start and end test groups and compile survey results.

We hope that everyone who has previously signed up for the Motorola Feedback Network will re-up using this new process. If you have registered before but have not yet updated your membership here on the forums, we will invite you to do so with an email sometime in the near future. Or, just click into your profile and do it now.

We will have a transition period. During the next few months, we will include those signed up through our old method and those using the new method.

The information collected by the Motorola Feedback Network is of tremendous value and we appreciate the amazing participation we've enjoyed. Looking forward to more of the same going forward.

Thanks!

- Matt

Click here to leave comments.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

0 Posts

11-16-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 238

Re: Big changes to the Motorola Feedback Network

2012-03-23, 0:19 AM

I appreciate the update to the new process. I hope it helps speed along updates. I'm always looking forward to the latest and greatest Motorola has to offer. :)

Options

19383 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2394 Signins

59483 Page Views

• Message 3 of 238

2012-03-23, 1:44 AM

Thanks, snooyods.

I also want to mention that during this transition, it's likely owners will be invited to soaks for phones they are no longer using. If you are signed up with a Droid 2 on our old registration list, and with a Droid 4 here on the forums, you will probably get an invitation to both Droid 2 and Droid 4 soaks for some period of time. Just ignore the ones that don't interest you.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

0 Posts

03-23-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 238

2012-03-23, 12:34 PM

Great to be here! As a first time smart/android phone user, I thank you for expanding your program to accomodate more owners. I LOVE my Photon 4G and Motorola in general as my first ever celly in 2006 was a Hello Moto!!! I still say it mostly to confused looks. Is this natural and if so when did Hello Moto go out? What is the age break??? JK, Thanks again.....LOVE*PEACE

Options

462 Posts

07-28-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 238

2012-03-23, 23:25 PM
 My only comment is that I cannot participate in the MFN if I'm not provided an update to test. I certainly had expected to have been given an opportunity but the Triumph seems to be the device that no one is championing thank you for all you've done Matt but I think the company wishes us owners of the Triumph didn't exist.
Options

13 Posts

03-08-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 238

2012-03-25, 2:15 AM

Matt,

Your IT folks impair your process.

• First: Update Contact Information / Motorola Feedback Network Participation Preference

• Second: Register Your Motorola Products and Opt-in

Step 1 is done.  Problem is step 2.  I go to the search box at the top of the web page, start typing in "registration" and select the "Product Registration" entry in the ensuing pop-up list.  That selection takes me to the "Support Registration" page.

2nd issue:  Aside from keeping a personal record, how does one know what products one has registered with you?  I have doggedly clicked around your site, to the point where I'm about to give up and say it is not possible to gain this info.

Thanks.

Options

19383 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2394 Signins

59483 Page Views

• Message 7 of 238

2012-03-26, 17:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We're taking a look to see where we can improve the flow so you don't have to search for the registration option. It's there but we will make it more prominant.

You will be able to see your registered products soon.

Options

95 Posts

11-08-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 238

2012-03-27, 2:42 AM

I have no idea how to join this program.  I don't have any links at the top of my profile or see anything that allows me to opt-in to the program.  I think I have tried every tab, link, and page in my profile area but don't see it.  How do I join?

Thanks! 

Options

19383 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2394 Signins

59483 Page Views

• Message 9 of 238

2012-03-27, 13:38 PM

gadgetie said:

I have no idea how to join this program.  I don't have any links at the top of my profile or see anything that allows me to opt-in to the program.  I think I have tried every tab, link, and page in my profile area but don't see it.  How do I join?

Thanks! 

Yoinks! Something happened to the links! Sorry about that - we will get it fixed ASAP.

Options

33 Posts

12-30-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 238

2012-03-27, 17:58 PM

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete