cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faster site; slower status progress?
Motorola Admin

As many members have noted, a recent software update dramatically increased the speed of this site. (And yes, I hear your sighs of "finally!") I know it was a challenge to navigate pages here. I appreciate all of you who have hung with us as we worked on it. More to come!

I'm also making an adjustment to the points system that feeds the site's reputation levels. In retrospect, we didn't think through the point assignments well enough when we started. We gave the same value for posting and commenting as we did for "rating" a comment or post -- one point. I know we were eager to reward and encourage every sign of life on the site and encourage its growth. But the upshot is that actions of very different degrees of value and difficulty are being rated as equal. Writing a response to help an owner and giving that same response a "thumbs up" should not be equal, though we value both.

For the time being, I'm going to remove the points for rating a post altogether. My preference would be to reduce them to, say, .2 of a point, but the system doesn't support decimals. I could also make posts and comments worth five points, but that will require a recalculation of all the current status levels. I need some time to figure out the ultimate solution -- consider this an interim step.

What are your thoughts on how the points should be allocated? Here are the available settings -- how would you value these actions? Currently we have Comment on My Post worth 0 and the rest worth 1, except for Comment Selected as Best, which earns 4. How would you do it?

• Create Post

• CreateComment

• Rate Post

• Rate Comment

• Comment Selected as Best

• Comment on My Post

• Rating on My Post

• Rating on My Comment

Note that we can't create new categories at this time, or we could give points for Motorola Feedback Participation, for example, or for solutions that end up being used in our call centers. These things are all on our radar!

Click here to leave comments.

58 Comments
Moto Sr Moderator

• Create Post  = 5 points

• Create Comment = 5 points

• Rate Post = 1 point

• Rate Comment =1 point

• Comment Selected as Best = 20 points

• Comment on My Post =  5 points

• Rating on My Post = 1 point

• Rating on My Comment= 1 point

• smiley

Moto Sr Moderator

This is how I think it should be.

• Create Post = 1

• Create Comment = 1

• Rate Post = 0 (After all if the comment or post has helped you than you should reward the good work.)

• Comment Selected as Best = 4

• Rating on My Post = 1 or -1 (1 for thumbs up and -1 for thumbs down)

• Rating on My Comment = 1

I think the current system we have is a good one. I don't think that you should get a point for rating a post or comment. The reward should be going to the person that did the work. It is suppose to be a thank you for helping me type of thing. At least, when I tell someone thank you, I don't expect to be enriched from telling them thank you.

Token Ring

• Create Post  = 1 points

• Create Comment = 3 points

• Rate Post = 0 point

• Rate Comment =0 point

• Comment Selected as Best = 4 points

• Comment on My Post =  0 points

• Rating on My Post = 0 point

• Rating on My Comment= 0 point

Token Ring

Liking a comment is important  because it shows you agree.  Liking your own is a little odd as ... why would you post something you didnt like?

I'm not sure liking is point worthy at all, but I definatly feel liking your own is not.

I would like it if the like button said agree & disagree as opposed to like.

Moto Sr Moderator

I really didn't click the "like" button until about a month or so ago, and didn't pay any attention to whether or not any of my comments were liked.  I just post 'em like I see 'em, I guess.  But I can certainly see the value in awarding points to the people who made comments/posts that are liked by others.  I'm wondering, though, about the concept of awarding points just for clicking...kind of like hiring just anybody to fill an empty spot based on the fact that they can fog a mirror.   On the other hand, encouraging people for participating is a good thing.  So I'd up the points for meaningful contributions, and keep the click points low.  This recognizes, of course, that "thank you" and "you're welcome" earns points.  I see both sides of that fence, but rewarding common courtesy couldn't hurt.

One question:  do you plan to drop phones off the bottom and move the remainder down to maintain the point spread between levels?  Or are you going to make the climb to the top higher as new phones are added?  I see myself at age 90, staring blankly at the screen, barely able to move my fingers, typing gobbledygook, and thinking "only 3780 points to Uberness."  wink

I like the way the lowest levels are set up, moving people quickly up the ladder in the beginning so they quickly get a sense of accomplishment.  That idea was genious!

Anyway, here's my suggestion: 

• Create Post=5

• Create Comment=5

• Rate Post=1

• Rate Comment=1

• Comment Selected as Best=10

• Comment on My Post=3

• Rating on My Post=1

• Rating on My Comment=1

Token Ring

Ok... I kinda like Crystallet's post (except for rating one's own post or comment) but the rest makes sense.  Changing my vote.

I would however play with the spread a little to make peops feel like they are getting somewhere.

The exprt and uber should be based on content not so much points. You can be an expert at chatting or interjecting in issues and rack up points, yet not be a relyable source for assistance .

Thoughts?

crystallet said:

I really didn't click the "like" button until about a month or so ago, and didn't pay any attention to whether or not any of my comments were liked.  I just post 'em like I see 'em, I guess.  But I can certainly see the value in awarding points to the people who made comments/posts that are liked by others.  I'm wondering, though, about the concept of awarding points just for clicking...kind of like hiring just anybody to fill an empty spot based on the fact that they can fog a mirror.   On the other hand, encouraging people for participating is a good thing.  So I'd up the points for meaningful contributions, and keep the click points low.  This recognizes, of course, that "thank you" and "you're welcome" earns points.  I see both sides of that fence, but rewarding common courtesy couldn't hurt.

One question:  do you plan to drop phones off the bottom and move the remainder down to maintain the point spread between levels?  Or are you going to make the climb to the top higher as new phones are added?  I see myself at age 90, staring blankly at the screen, barely able to move my fingers, typing gobbledygook, and thinking "only 3780 points to Uberness."  wink

I like the way the lowest levels are set up, moving people quickly up the ladder in the beginning so they quickly get a sense of accomplishment.  That idea was genious!

• Create Post=5

• Create Comment=5

• Rate Post=1

• Rate Comment=1

• Comment on My Post=3

• Rating on My Post=1

• Rating on My Comment=1

View original

Moto Sr Moderator

asunimtd said:

Ok... I kinda like Crystallet's post (except for rating one's own post or comment) but the rest makes sense.  Changing my vote.

I would however play with the spread a little to make peops feel like they are getting somewhere.

The exprt and uber should be based on content not so much points. You can be an expert at chatting or interjecting in issues and rack up points, yet not be a relyable source for assistance .

Thoughts?

I don't think you should get points for rating your own comment.  I assumed that "Rating on My Comment" was a point awarded because someone else liked your comment.  That, I think, deserves the point, not clicking your own stuff for your own benefit.

crystallet said:

• Create Post=5

• Create Comment=5

• Rate Post=1

• Rate Comment=1

• Comment on My Post=3

• Rating on My Post=1

• Rating on My Comment=1

View original

View original

Moto Sr Moderator

True rating on my comment is for someone else to do, not yourself. Clicking the like icon is fast and easy. Replying to a post is not as fast and if all you say is" I agree" is a waste of a point as well.

Moto Sr Moderator

Eagle328 said:

True rating on my comment is for someone else to do, not yourself. Clicking the like icon is fast and easy. Replying to a post is not as fast and if all you say is" I agree" is a waste of a point as well.

View original

I completely agree that a rating that earns a point should come from someone else (do I get a point for that?  wink). 

On the other hand, we take some of these conversations pretty seriously, and you come up with a great idea, and you go to post it only to find that someone beat you to the punch, and you're left with nothing but, "I agree."

IMHO, it's a long climb to Uberness, and if it's important to you to get that kind of recognition, then you deserve the points for participation.  I would, however, buy into a point system that recognized a new idea or a post that offered a solution, from a post that said, "I agree," "thank you," "you're welcome," and casual stuff like the pages of conversation when I was mistaken for a man, and then I was married off to joelbon in someone's "dream."  Not that I have a vote on this...again, just MHO.

Moto Sr Moderator

crystallet said:

Eagle328 said:

View original

I completely agree that a rating that earns a point should come from someone else (do I get a point for that?  wink). 

On the other hand, we take some of these conversations pretty seriously, and you come up with a great idea, and you go to post it only to find that someone beat you to the punch, and you're left with nothing but, "I agree."

IMHO, it's a long climb to Uberness, and if it's important to you to get that kind of recognition, then you deserve the points for participation.  I would, however, buy into a point system that recognized a new idea or a post that offered a solution, from a post that said, "I agree," "thank you," "you're welcome," and casual stuff like the pages of conversation when I was mistaken for a man, and then I was married off to joelbon in someone's "dream."  Not that I have a vote on this...again, just MHO.

View original

Sounds like we need Google's +1 system in here. Which I don't think would be a problem since Motorola is now a part of Google. I have seen +1 comments before and I do agree that I have had the same thing happen. I get a great answer and find out someone beat me too it. I would like to agree if possible. Thanks for pointing that out.enlightened

I have been on here since Nov / 2009 (although my profile says different) I know I must have said good answer or something at some point in my time here, so getting a point just for that won't in time make much of a difference.

I think we just started the like feature when the new forum upgrade started last year. So in a short period of time the like points really added up fast for some. This never happened with " I agree comments " since they were not quick to do and it would look funny if that was all you did.

Now if we make likes maybe a separate thing all by itself or a lower point on a scale it may help and at the same time make members feel that they can give a +1 to a comment that they also agree with.

I'm sure with the great people we have here more ideas will come to the table and in the end we should have a great experience being a part of our community here.smiley

So when is the wedding??devil

Moto Sr Moderator
It really should be a long climb to Uberness. It is an elite club for those that really put the effort into it. I know others on here work hard too, but people that can have that many posts have had to have posted something worthwhile a lot. I know that I use to keep track of my percentage of points I got from best answer and helpful answer and I use to run in the neighborhood of 25-30%.

I am not not trying to beat my own drum, but make a point that if you are posting useful Info that you should be rewarded. I have worked very hard over the last 3 years to get the status I have and no one should have it unless it is earned.

Dan is another person that had and is still working very hard on this site. He deserves every point he has.

Maybe we should have a thumb up and thumb down on comments. A thumb down and you lose a point. I can think of a lot of comments where people deserve to lose points for what they post. If you write something bad and lose 30 points than you will think the next time you want to write something stupid. The problem is that a system like that could be used wrong, too. I know Matt will make the right decisions to have a very fair system in place when it is all said and done. He always seems to make just the right call and that is why he is in charge. Smiley Happy
Token Ring
It is not a club however.
And there are comments that get off subject still earning points. It would be difficult to control that. Presently the conversation on'JB worth the wait' has taken off on veggies no less Smiley Happy
That type of thing takes the forum down to the level of other forums.
I stopped commenting for some time due to a bit of snarky-ness that was frustrating. I always received the emails with updated posts/comments but stopped replying. The 'club' type atmosphere is not conducive to others adding input.
A change in rating and classification of users may very well take the forum beyond what it has ever been. Smiley Happy
Token Ring

Re: Crystalett comment below: Oh my goodness! Maybe you interpreted the'Rating on my comment' correctly! Now I'm confused lol

" I don't think you should get points for rating your own comment. I assumed that "Rating on My Comment" was a point awarded because someone else liked your comment. That, I think, deserves the point, not clicking your own stuff for your own benefit. "

Token Ring

Just a few questions for Matt:

Part 1:

I)   If there were people in the forum who lost many points due to the sudden change (it looks like a post elsewhere shows this has occurred) ... and they were following the rules set forth, is it not appropriate to grandfather them in?  

II)  Was there a complaint by someone who was uncomfortable with the way some other members were gaining points?  

III)   Perhaps if the points are causing an issue they should be dropped altogether?

IV)   It does not seem kosher to penalize someone who was following the point grid set forth in the past.

Part 2:

I)   Will those who were in the Google group recieve credit for participation there... transposed to points here?  (Never actually got an answer on that Q in beginning of March)

I know you are busy so Thanks in advance for your answers Smiley Happy

Token Ring

By the way.... why is it that if I don't choose to edit my fonts when posting... my post is tiny tiny?

Moto Sr Moderator

joelbon said:

It really should be a long climb to Uberness. It is an elite club for those that really put the effort into it. I know others on here work hard too, but people that can have that many posts have had to have posted something worthwhile a lot. I know that I use to keep track of my percentage of points I got from best answer and helpful answer and I use to run in the neighborhood of 25-30%. I am not not trying to beat my own drum, but make a point that if you are posting useful Info that you should be rewarded. I have worked very hard over the last 3 years to get the status I have and no one should have it unless it is earned. Dan is another person that had and is still working very hard on this site. He deserves every point he has. Maybe we should have a thumb up and thumb down on comments. A thumb down and you lose a point. I can think of a lot of comments where people deserve to lose points for what they post. If you write something bad and lose 30 points than you will think the next time you want to write something stupid. The problem is that a system like that could be used wrong, too. I know Matt will make the right decisions to have a very fair system in place when it is all said and done. He always seems to make just the right call and that is why he is in charge. Smiley HappyView original

I completely agree with you. I took a look at my points after Matt removed the click points, and, after being here for 16 months, I lost maybe a hundred or so, so I take the climb to Uberness very seriously, and I feel very good about the PMs I get thanking me for my helpfulness, because it feels like I'm giving back what I got from the members when I was a newbie.

I will say this though: the essence of social learning is the camaraderie that develops as people post and get to know each other better, because it encourages participation. There is real value to it because it creates an environment people want to be in. I've watched the posts created by me people, and the answers are always to the point, friendly, and as helpful as possible. A great job is done in here of mixing facts with friendship. Anything that can be done to raise the already high bar in here, I'm in.  :-) 

Broadband 3G

crystallet said:

joelbon said:

It really should be a long climb to Uberness. It is an elite club for those that really put the effort into it. I know others on here work hard too, but people that can have that many posts have had to have posted something worthwhile a lot. I know that I use to keep track of my percentage of points I got from best answer and helpful answer and I use to run in the neighborhood of 25-30%. I am not not trying to beat my own drum, but make a point that if you are posting useful Info that you should be rewarded. I have worked very hard over the last 3 years to get the status I have and no one should have it unless it is earned. Dan is another person that had and is still working very hard on this site. He deserves every point he has. Maybe we should have a thumb up and thumb down on comments. A thumb down and you lose a point. I can think of a lot of comments where people deserve to lose points for what they post. If you write something bad and lose 30 points than you will think the next time you want to write something stupid. The problem is that a system like that could be used wrong, too. I know Matt will make the right decisions to have a very fair system in place when it is all said and done. He always seems to make just the right call and that is why he is in charge. Smiley HappyView original

I completely agree with you. I took a look at my points after Matt removed the click points, and, after being here for 16 months, I lost maybe a hundred or so, so I take the climb to Uberness very seriously, and I feel very good about the PMs I get thanking me for my helpfulness, because it feels like I'm giving back what I got from the members when I was a newbie.

I will say this though: the essence of social learning is the camaraderie that develops as people post and get to know each other better, because it encourages participation. There is real value to it because it creates an environment people want to be in. I've watched the posts created by me people, and the answers are always to the point, friendly, and as helpful as possible. A great job is done in here of mixing facts with friendship. Anything that can be done to raise the already high bar in here, I'm in.  :-) 

View original

Not really concerned with the number of points, but have started to see some posters selecting there own response as the best response. So something should be built in somewhere to not allow the OP to select their's as the best or even rate their own. I will say that I try to go through the posts (I read or comment on) and give the thumbs up to those I think are good responses (as well as good posts) - but never really considered the points when doing so. I think I lost like 200 points overall.

Token Ring

Ooooo selecting your on response as best should be a no-no I agree. I hadn't even noticed that one. Perhaps there is another way that can be devised to 'uberness' than points. Perhaps based on content and assistance by Matt? For example... Dans Droid (uber already), Eaccents are JBass are people I watch as I consider them excellent resources. Thoughts?

Motorola Admin

asunimtd said:

Part 1:

I)   If there were people in the forum who lost many points due to the sudden change (it looks like a post elsewhere shows this has occurred) ... and they were following the rules set forth, is it not appropriate to grandfather them in?  

• I don't think so. We want to reward participation in all forms, but want to recognize that not all participation is equally valuable. If people were gaming the system I don't want to reward that. (Though I recognize that there is no system that can't be gamed. If someone is determined to gain status through non-value-adding activities, we'll have to use policing to stop it.)

II)  Was there a complaint by someone who was uncomfortable with the way some other members were gaining points?  

• I personally saw some folks achieving status levels that were not consistent with our intent on the site.

III)   Perhaps if the points are causing an issue they should be dropped altogether?

• I think that's extreme -- throwing out the baby with the bath water.

IV)   It does not seem kosher to penalize someone who was following the point grid set forth in the past.

• I would challenge you on that. Systems created by people are not perfect and we're free to make improvements over time. We shouldn't be slaves to our own mistakes.

Part 2:

I)   Will those who were in the Google group recieve credit for participation there... transposed to points here?  (Never actually got an answer on that Q in beginning of March)

• No. There are no tools for adding points to the embedded system. As I said in my root post, there are other things I would like to give points for if I had the flexibility. 

• Thanks for your questions and interest in this topic!

View original

Token Ring

I understand your thought process and agree. Nicely thought out and I appreciate the answers. Thank you... this all makes sense smiley

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

asunimtd said:

Part 1:

• I don't think so. We want to reward participation in all forms, but want to recognize that not all participation is equally valuable. If people were gaming the system I don't want to reward that. (Though I recognize that there is no system that can't be gamed. If someone is determined to gain status through non-value-adding activities, we'll have to use policing to stop it.)

• I personally saw some folks achieving status levels that were not consistent with our intent on the site.

• I think that's extreme -- throwing out the baby with the bath water.

• I would challenge you on that. Systems created by people are not perfect and we're free to make improvements over time. We shouldn't be slaves to our own mistakes.

Part 2:

• No. There are no tools for adding points to the embedded system. As I said in my root post, there are other things I would like to give points for if I had the flexibility. 

• Thanks for your questions and interest in this topic!

View original

View original

Motorola Admin

For clarification:

• Create Post - be the first one to start a new thread/topic

• Create Comment - reply to another's comment/post

• Rate Post - rate the original post

• Rate Comment - rate any reply

• Comment Selected as Best - not sure if you get it if self-selected but i can check

• Comment on My Post - someone replys to your new thread/topic

• Rating on My Post - someone rates your new thread/topic

• Rating on My Comment - someone rates a reply on a thread

A "thumbs up" rating adds the points assigned for ratings; a "thumbs down" rating subtracts the same number of points.

Motorola Admin

asunimtd said:

I understand your thought process and agree. Nicely thought out and I appreciate the answers. Thank you... this all makes sense smiley

Thanks, asunimtd. I should add that my reasoning would be different in a different situation. If this were, say, a retirement savings plan instead of a forums points status system, I would not be so quick to yank away savings.

cool
Moto Sr Moderator

asunimtd said:

Ooooo selecting your on response as best should be a no-no I agree. I hadn't even noticed that one. Perhaps there is another way that can be devised to 'uberness' than points. Perhaps based on content and assistance by Matt? For example... Dans Droid (uber already), Eaccents are JBass are people I watch as I consider them excellent resources. Thoughts?

View original

Matt is way too busy to have to monitor what each person is doing. This has to be some sort of automatic system.  

Moto Sr Moderator

For clarification:

• Comment Selected as Best - not sure if you get it if self-selected but i can check

A "thumbs up" rating adds the points assigned for ratings; a "thumbs down" rating subtracts the same number of points.

View original

Fair is fair, and that's fair.  And reasonable.  And a good auto-monitoring function as well.  And the way I hoped it worked.

cool

Motorola Admin

You know, I sometimes select my own post as the best answer. cool

Moto Sr Moderator

joelbon said:

asunimtd said:

View original

Matt is way too busy to have to monitor what each person is doing. This has to be some sort of automatic system.  

View original

Agreed.  Even the MotoXprts can't be expected to watch every single post, especially when things really get hopping in here.  Again, IMHO, rewarding participation is a good thing, even if it's just courteous conversation, or adding your voice to support someone else's position, and I wouldn't want to rely upon an algorithm to determine if a post is helpful or not.

Token Ring

For shame  ... lol.   I am pretty sure you are given a pass Smiley Happy

You know, I sometimes select my own post as the best answer. cool

View original

Moto Sr Moderator

You know, I sometimes select my own post as the best answer.  cool

View original

I suspected there was a more sinister streak hiding behind the professionalism, diplomacy, and good humor that you serve up even under the most trying circumstances.  cheeky

Moto Sr Moderator

asunimtd said:

View original

The forum is much bigger than just Verizon communities. We have a huge membership on here. Some are even on here from outside the US. To monitor everything would not be possible and as being Mods then we would also be spending time on something that we rather be helping others with. There are also other MotoXprts that have been here before me and may not commit as much time but their experience is very great.  We do let Matt know of things when we see something but still areas do fall in between the cracks at times.

Moto Sr Moderator

Just noticed something...actually I think I noticed it before, but it didn't register: here in the blog, you can thumbs up/down any comment.  In the actual forum threads, you can thumbs up/down a post, but you can only "like" a comment.

Matt?  If you were to deem it desirable, is there a way to change "like" to thumbs up/down?  Or is there an "unlike" button that could be added?

Moto Sr Moderator

crystallet said:

Just noticed something...actually I think I noticed it before, but it didn't register: here in the blog, you can thumbs up/down any comment.  In the actual forum threads, you can thumbs up/down a post, but you can only "like" a comment.

Matt?  If you were to deem it desirable, is there a way to change "like" to thumbs up/down?  Or is there an "unlike" button that could be added?

View original

IWould like to see that as well. My only hesitation would be if someone was targeted and was given the thumb down on all their comments. I'm afraid that the system could be used in a bad way.

Now if they could add that but disconnect it from the point system then I am all in on that one. 

Moto Sr Moderator

joelbon said:

crystallet said:

View original

IWould like to see that as well. My only hesitation would be if someone was targeted and was given the thumb down on all their comments. I'm afraid that the system could be used in a bad way.

Now if they could add that but disconnect it from the point system then I am all in on that one. 

View original

Good point.  But you can sort of do that today with the abuse button, which I'm guessing triggers some kind of automatic alarm, so it's slightly different, and, in my opinion, should be viewed as the forum nuclear bomb.

I have an idea I'll PM you about.  Do with it what you will.  I trust your judgment.

Token Ring

Good thought

joelbon said:

View original

View original

Token Ring

Hey Matt,

Did you make a decision on the new relyability rating scale?  (Not sure if perhaps I missed that but when I 'like' someone's post I don't get an error anymore so I'm guessing it is back on? Maybe?)

For clarification:

View original

802.11n

I'm glad Crystallet pointed out this thread to me.  I was one of those people who had achieved beyond what was deserved and I for one, am glad we are having this disussion.  I hope we end up with a fair system in the end that rewards those who deserve it. Carry on! (By the way, I did not intend to manipulate the system and was thoroughly confused myself)

Token Ring
Just as a note... I do wish there were a way to end getting credit for parrotting posts. (ie: I agree with Person123, do an FDR and let us know). There seems to be a lot of that with some posters, and although it is point making.. that is what the 'like' or 'thumbs up' buttons are for.
Motorola Admin

asunimtd said:

Just as a note... I do wish there were a way to end getting credit for parrotting posts. (ie: I agree with Person123, do an FDR and let us know). There seems to be a lot of that with some posters, and although it is point making.. that is what the 'like' or 'thumbs up' buttons are for.View original

Interesting point, but I don't know. Ideally the forums are a kind of conversation and I would not want to interfere with that. It's called social media for a reason, since the social aspect of give-and-take is key to its appeal. 

802.11n

Nothing should be put in place that discourages anyone from posting.  I agree with Matt, this is a form of social media.  Personally, I have not found any "wasted" posting and I value everyone's feedback even if it is just to say you agree with someone.  There is value to me in knowing what others are thinking beyond the "like" or "agree" button.  I especially appreciate Swoops, Lewwill, Crystallet, JBass, , Eagle328, ForumsMark, Dansdroid, and Joelbon.  I apoligize if I missed someone, but you guys are great and I have learned tons from you. I am getting to know many others as well and keep it coming.  (You too Matt!)

Token Ring

Another thought .... It would be neat also if not only the best answer was chosen by the questioner as it is now ... but if there was a way comments that are liked or thumbed up a lot are are marked or flagged somehow.

Sometimes there are pages of comments, and although some comments may not actually answer the question posted... they are just 'really cool or helpful' info or ideas. Flagging them somehow so they stand out (after so many likes/thumbs up) would bring them quickly to peoples attention within those many pages.

Blue Screen Again
I notice with the Jelly Bean upgrade when you charge your phone the home screen will not turn off. I called Support and I was told that this was normal. this is obviously a bug and I wish to report it here.
Moto Sr Moderator

Camarosc35 said:

I notice with the Jelly Bean upgrade when you charge your phone the home screen will not turn off. I called Support and I was told that this was normal. this is obviously a bug and I wish to report it here.View original

It should shut off. Make sure that it isn't set to stay on while charging. Tap Settings>Developer options. Now make sure that Stay awake is NOT checked. Hope this helps.

Blue Screen Again
You were correct, I unchecked that box. I am certain that when I connect the charger the home screen will sleep, thanks!
Moto Sr Moderator

You're welcome. wink

Punch Card

hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue with their settings page on the profile on the Motorola form? I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD. I have a Droid Xyboard 8.2. I have a Droid x  i have a Droid Bionic. every time I edit my settings in this form, not in my stuff section in my moto care, but in this form my devices get jumbled up and that devices serial number gets messed up. Can someone please help? Thank you in advance.

802.11n

Serenity's question about the Telegraph key icon in the Moto X forum led me to re-read this thread from last Spring and I'm wondering what the resolution was on the Points system? I'm aware we have the 'Like' button and no 'Thumbs Up/Down' and I 'Like' that decision, but need some help with finding the Points list.

TIA

Moto Sr Moderator

Here is all the information for the points list.  https://forums.motorola.com/posts/3497878219

As for the Like issue, I think its staying where it is for now since Matt has much more to do right now. Maybe in the future it will change.

802.11n

Thanks for the reply, Eagle, but that link is to the closed thread Mark started (and has the excellent table of Icons) and includes the ink to the thread we're now using. You, Joelbon and crystallet each offered various point levels for different actions and a great discussion ensued...but there doesn't seem to be a final chart showing the point assignments.

Maybe I'm just dense.

Moto Sr Moderator
I don't think there is any set point system except the one shown on that
link. I did edit it to show what was removed for now. I think its just a
point a post and A point for a correct answer. I forget what it said. I'm
replying by email now.
What's DOS?

I think what it is currently is working well. It makes the user have to write and explain themselves. as long as there is no spamming going on I think we will all be fine.

802.11n

I have noticed that despite what the chart on the other post implies - that if you like or thumbs up someones post that person does pick up one point for being positively rated. That gives a little more credit to posters that are well received. Makes sense to me.

Top Kudoed Posts