cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Join the Network
Motorola Admin

We are delighted that our new phones -- three new Droids and Moto X -- are bringing new members to the Motorola Owners' Forums. Our site is dedicated to peer-to-peer support, and the equation goes:

More Peers = Better Support

Plus, it's more fun when there are a lot of participants.

And now that you're here, I want to encourage you to join the Motorola Feedback Network. This is a subset of Forums members who have volunteered to provide feedback when asked. Members respond to surveys, provide feedback on new software in advance of full release and are a key group we turn to when we need "real user" information.

There is an invitation for the MFN on the home page of every device community and you can find it here. It will include all the steps for signing up.

Please opt in today. You never know when new software will be ready for testing!

Want to comment? Click here.

68 Comments
What's DOS?

Thanks for the invite and looking forward to what's to come.

Not applicable

Well.........I have been a loyal Motorola customer and just purchased the new Droid Maxx.  I presently own Droid x2.  When I attempted to activate the Maxx, there were no bars and a red circle indicated no signal.  Both phones were placed side by side.  Droid x2 had three bars.  I had to call Verizon from a landline to activate phone.  To make a long story short, No reception with Maxx, Motorola website chat "expert" decided we should "clear browsing history".  She didn't get it.  If I couldn't activate the phone, and internet attempts "timed out"....DUH.  Called Verizon this morning to reactive old Droid X2 and couldn't mail the Maxx back fast enough.  Bottom line...........Motorola employees should understand my question.  They should stand behind the product.  I explained that I already own a Moto product.  It is not unusual to have purchased a "lemon".  Motorola wanted to run tests on a phone I couldn't get anything on, let alone place clear calls.  Going with Samsung/     Anyone out there considering Motorola products........beware.........proper marketing strategy should have dictated they offer to replace this phone.  If I have to run steps on a device that cost me $713.00, then I don't want to keep it,   August 2013 Consumer Reports magazine's BEST phone by ALL CARRIERS is SAMSUNG.  I truly believe the particular phone I purchased happened to be a faulty phone.  It happens.  Some motor vehicles had gas pedals that were sticking but they didn't get "stuck" with the vehicle simply because the manufacturer could care less once the sale has been made.  In light of the fact that Motorola did not care enough to replace the item, then this is not a company you want to deal with. PERIOD      

Moto Emeritus
Sorry you had issues Uz2bYounger.
Activation is really an issue of the service provider. Motorola agents don't have training for activation or access to the necessary systems. Furthermore if things aren't properly provisioned on your carriers end then no matter what, the phone won't connect. Since you were moving to a LTE phone I wonder if they didn't properly set you up on the right plan since your phone now has a SIM, which it didn't with the X2. Sounds like the Carrier agent wasn't thorough enough and were improperly passing the buck. Did you happen to stop in a store? More than likely they would have stuck with you til it was resolved.
In the future please join an existing thread or start a new thread instead of hijacking an unrelated topic.
Hope you get some resolution.
Mark
What's DOS?

Just wanted to comment that I LOVE my Droid Maxx. I had the Iphone5. I got hooked on the active notifications! The battery, screen resolution, and Google Now is what kept me from going to the Iphone 5S. Motorola hit a home run with the new line of Droids. Great job.

Fanfold Paper

Got my new Moto-X 2 weeks ago from Verizon, upgraded from Bionic, and everything works as advertised. Very impressed and pleased.

I have been a Motorola fan since the "Brick" came out and you are not disappointing me.

What's DOS?

Excellent!  Thank you for the opportunity to test out new software!

I have the Moto X and it is the best phone I have ever owned.

What's DOS?

Just signed up to test out the new update, this is the first Moto Phone I've had and so far like it better then both the Samsung and HTC that I've had in the past. 

What's DOS?

Ready to start testing!!!

I am excited to help out with a moto/"A Google Companies" Device. Time for something new.

I had a HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Now Motorola... I had to get to a device with decent radios. The gNex was just not there.

The battery on the X is outstanding from what I have seen even running LTE all day. And the software integration is amazing! I love the chrome extension for SMS.

Ready and willing... Hit me with an update.

What's DOS?
Excited to help. Loving the X!
Motorola Admin

Great to see all the new sign ups. We are going to be asking MFN members for more help in the future so please take the leap.

What's DOS?

Looking forward to joining in on the testing for my Moto X!

Punch Card

Um, I can't find the Droid Razr forum with the new layout; it just seems to be only "new" phone forums. I used to be able to click Phones then choose my phone and go to the forum; now I don't see any way to just go to my phone's forum.

Please reply with instructions on how to do this.

Moto Sr Moderator

dhinged said:

Um, I can't find the Droid Razr forum with the new layout; it just seems to be only "new" phone forums. I used to be able to click Phones then choose my phone and go to the forum; now I don't see any way to just go to my phone's forum.

Please reply with instructions on how to do this.

View original

Hover your mouse cursor over Phones at the top of the forum's site. Move the cursor down to hover over Google Android U.S. Now, hover the mouse over the list of phones listed and scroll down until you get to the one you want and select. HTH

What's DOS?

Happy Happy Happy to be testing new software for my Droid Ultra!!yesyes

What's DOS?

This will be my 3rd Motorola phone purchase and I'm loving the Droid Maxx. Its no wonder that Consumer Reports is saying the phone is the best phone on the current market and best phone that Verizon has had on their network. The phone feels great in my hand as its a very sturdy device. The X8 processor works great when running multiple apps and the active notifications really save me time and battery power.

What's DOS?

Still didn't receive the new software... wink

What's DOS?

Hi! I want to ask whether the upgrade to 4.4 kit kat for RAZR I.

18 months had passed, and I would like to get support for a good and powerfull machine.

Sorry for such English! smiley

Motorola Admin

WOLFMARINE said:

Hi! I want to ask whether the upgrade to 4.4 kit kat for RAZR I.

18 months had passed, and I would like to get support for a good and powerfull machine.

Sorry for such English! smiley

View original

You can always find official Motorola software upgrade news using the link (in red -- scroll down) on the home page of the forums.

What's DOS?

All signed up.  Thanks!

What's DOS?

I have been a Moto fan since the days of the E815. Glad to finally join the feedback network and give a little back.

What's DOS?

Thanks for the invite. All signed up and ready to share with the Moto Community.

What's DOS?

New to the forums... Hope I can help

Moto Emeritus

mbizic and snoopypc.... Probably not something you should be posting publicly, or anywhere for that matter... MFN is like Fight Club. 

What's DOS?

@ ForumsMark: Thought it was kosher on these forums. Good to know.

What's DOS?

Thanks for the nice words! Exciting to be back "home" with Motorola & with having Google backing us! :-)

What's DOS?

Thanks for the invite. Now that I've joined, I wanted to know did I join too late to test out the new software for my current model of the MOTO X?

What's DOS?

Thanks for the invite, I love my Maxx, honestly best phone I ever have played with. Cant wait to see what the future has in store. 

What's DOS?

Thanks!

What's DOS?

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Droid Maxx! This will be my device until the day it dies and hope it's a LONG time from now! Best phone EVER!!!

What's DOS?
I am loving my Droid maxx the great battery life spoils me. I can't wait for our first taste of kitkat on the droid line-up hope it gets here sooner rather than later That way I can run it in the face of my friend that has a nexus 5 lol. Keep up the great work Motorola.... Ready to do some testing anything I can do to help a great company like Moto
Paper Tape
Thanks.. Big fan of Motorola..
What's DOS?
Droid Maxx+ kit-kat = pure joy
What's DOS?

my motorola sf600 headset won't exit settings menu, and how it went to settings menu I have no idea.

What's DOS?
have you any information on launch
dates or pricing In Indonesia? #Moto_G
What's DOS?
Three months ago I replaced my DROID Max HD with the new Motorola Max. Wow the new Motorolla Max is an impressive phone. Best phone I have ever owned. I travel a lot, the battery life of this phone is incredible, best ever. I can sit in the airport for hours and take two four hour flights playing with the phone the entire time and still have plenty of battery to use the gps to find my hotel and find a resteraunt to go out to eatbnrlevery ever worrying about clearing my phone. The freedom not having to hunt down an electrical outlet to charge my phone is huge. The phone has no lag, is super fast, WiFi is super fast. The allways on voice control is very useful, screen allways on notifications is very useful, the phone knows when I am driving and ski me if I want take a call, knows when I'm at work, knows when I am in a meeting, it's amazing. My sister sent me her travel itinerary by email, Google knew this and a lettered us her flight was delayed is playing it on my screen, her iphone can't do that. The camera works really well, works especially well in low light. Love the slow motion video feature. It's an awesome very fast lag free phone.
What's DOS?

I am excited to test! just got an invite!

Punch Card
I am coming from a maxx HD to the Maxx. I love it!!!
What's DOS?

I've suffered through all the droid models 1,2,3, and 4 (all company phones) - My favorite part of your support site is - I quote '"In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button..."'  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaaaaaa.... haaaaaaaaaaaa

How about we get real the descriptions of pretty much EVERY DROID I've owned....  Lets write it up like this >>>

In the unlikely event that your device stays charged for more than three hours...

In the unlikely event that your device doesn't freeze every time you slide open the QWERTY keyboard...

In the unlikely event that your device can open an app without locking up and becoming unresponsive...

In the unlikely event that your device will lock the screen when you close the keyboard, and hit the lock button

In the unlikely event that your device doesn't cause interference sitting next to your car or home stereo (scary)

as you where...

What's DOS?

Hi. I want to unlock the bootloader of my Razr HD XT925 purchased in Telcel Mexico. I have reviewed Motorolas page and found that this one show that this model have support to bootloader unlock, but when i type the string to obtain the unlock code, the page inform that the bootloader of my phone cannnot be unlocked. This is so wrong.

I think Motorola should be a company who cares to bring all the support to solve our problems and i am so dissaponted.

I really apprecate if someone can help to solve my issue

What's DOS?

Great!

What's DOS?

ADHD Trainer for Android

ADHD Trainer is adapted from a cognitive training technique, the TCT (Tajima Cognitive Training) Method, originally developed by Dr. Kazuhiro Tajima-Pozo. ADHD Trainer contains 14 entertaining cognitive exercises for children with ADHD.

Check the site for more details:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tktbrainsolutions.adhdtrainer

What's DOS?

After I bought my Razor I was able to receive text messages in my 2009 Ford. This kept me from having to pickup my phone and hear the message. Talking on a phone is illegal here in California. About a year ago Motorola sent an upgrade to my phone without asking if I wanted it. As a result I am now no longer capable of receiving text while on the road.

THANKS A LOT MOTOROLO ......SAMSUNG IS LOOKING GOOD FOR MY UPGRADE.

What's DOS?
Since update in January 2013 update, I have no Bluetooth, no hopspot, and no WiFi use at all. This droid maxx has become a $180 per month chunk of dung! Verizon says its not their problem and I can get no help anywhere.
I have factory reset. I have started in safe mode and got it to work for a day. Was told it was an update problem.
I'm fed up and as happy as I was with the phone, I may never buy a Motorola product again if someone can't give me a solution fast.
Am pissed and fed up with it!
Paper Tape

Can't wait to test out the new software. I've been a Motorola fan all my life, so this is exciting to me. Moto X testing, here we go!!

-Just2smoothe

What's DOS?
Owned the Motorola Atrix 4g in the past, then moved to Samsung Galaxy Note. Now I just bought a Moto-X.

Love the Moto-X. Especially the instant camera and drive assist features.

But the original Atrix had the ability to manually rotate images and browser page orientations with a two finger twist motion. Really handy and much better than the auto rotate screen feature.

Please bring back the feature!
Paper Tape
Respected all,

My question is how to set theme in moto G please tell me as soon as possible.
Moto Emeritus
@jnkuresh
It is best you ask questions related to your device in the Moto G Community.
Mark
What's DOS?

hey all - im Waseem , a new proud owner of MotoX which was just launched in India ....

For this kind of Ram ,Graphic combination - could any one suggest some good games which are woth playing in this high end genre of mobiles and also any Apps which are brilliant .

Thanks .

What's DOS?

I love my Moto x  i traded my iPhone for it and it's the best thing I could have done. So happy!

Moto Emeritus

Sprint or SurveyMonkey? If SurveyMonkey, that's what we use it comes from motorolafeedbacknetwork@Motorola.com via SurveyMonkey.

Top Kudoed Posts