01-28-2019

US

4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 11 of 15

Re:Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant

2020-06-12, 20:47 PM

Please help with guidance on next steps. After a couple of years good performance, my Moto G5 suddenly began restarting itself -- about every 90 seconds !!

I uninstalled apps, wiped cache, tried Safe Mode. No help.

I wiped everything and reset to factory specs. Twice. Without re-loading any apps or profile. No help.

This forum post explained LMSA. I went through the whole Rescue procedure. No help.

Is there ANYTHING else that can be done from the software viewpoint ?

At a certain point, we have to stop blaming software and try to think about what's might be wrong with hardware. Is there anything a user can do ?

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

Options

3017 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3035 Signins

59021 Page Views

• Views: 59021
  • Message 12 of 15

2020-06-15, 14:33 PM

@ jshphilly wrote:

Please help with guidance on next steps. After a couple of years good performance, my Moto G5 suddenly began restarting itself -- about every 90 seconds !!

I uninstalled apps, wiped cache, tried Safe Mode. No help.

I wiped everything and reset to factory specs. Twice. Without re-loading any apps or profile. No help.

This forum post explained LMSA. I went through the whole Rescue procedure. No help.

Is there ANYTHING else that can be done from the software viewpoint ?

At a certain point, we have to stop blaming software and try to think about what's might be wrong with hardware. Is there anything a user can do ?

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

Unfortunately, it sounds like you've done everything you can do from a software side/troubleshooting. I would have to say this is likely hardware related and you should look into having the device repaired.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

28 Posts

01-17-2017

NZ

35 Signins

758 Page Views

• Views: 758
  • Message 13 of 15

2020-07-29, 23:40 PM

Can you provide a reliable download link for this?The Download button on the Lenovo site gives me:Access DeniedYou don't have permission to access "http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291" on this server.Reference #18.9af00117.1596065558.2398bbb6

[edit] Never mind, 5th try it finally downloaded

Options

1 Posts

07-31-2020

IN

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 14 of 15

2020-07-31, 8:01 AM
Hii guys . I love ur product and using it since 2016. But I have some issues . When will my Moto G4 Plus get an Oreo Update??
Options

3 Posts

08-24-2020

US

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 15 of 15

2020-08-24, 1:30 AM

I have Moto Z Droid Force that was "misbehaving" badly - enough so that I was about to send it back to Verizon on warranty.  The problem? Contacts, Messages, and Pix disappeared for no good reason at all - sometimes these were just partial, not total deletes.

My spouse, who is a compulsive re-builder of T-42's, T-61's, T-420, T-520, and W-520's (those old non-Chiclet keyboards), made the observation that an Android phone was nothing more than dumbed-down Linux box, suggested that one might do with what the phone what he does with any "misbehaving" system,  re-flash the firmware, and reload the OS after backing up the data.  The problem was, after downloading the Moto Z drivers there were no files to be seen anywhere on the phone.

After the usually Googling - he found LSRA - and, lo and behold, all of the files were backed up into a 2.8 GB .mabk file.   He also exported an LRSA file with Pix, Albums, and Videos.  And lastly, he exported the  Contacts into a .vcf file which was almost worthless as it is a .vcf file that combines all contacts into one file.  The .vcf file was converted using an on-line app that saved the list as a .csv file, however many of the phone numbers are missing (but at least we know who they were supposed to belong to so this can be re-done by hand - after all the duplicates were thrown out).

So we have the following questions.

1. Is the there a way to unpack the .mabk file into its various components.  We would assume this would include:

a. The Android OS - which is of no interest since it has been reloaded after the dump.

b. The Pix, Album, and Video files, hopeful with data-time stamps  (The ones in LRSA filenames are arbitrary numbers and do not even include a .jpg or .mp4 extension).

c. Messages, perhaps an .xml format that would include and incoming/outgoing phone number and message text and pointer (or even the attachment).

2. Can LRSA do this, or are there other LRSA-like tools that can?   (LRSA seriously saved our "bacon" as Verizon was of absolutely no help.)

3. Can LRSA save any of this to "cloud" storage if one thought there was an "impending disaster"?  How LRSA found this when we thought the phone was essentially "bricked" amazed us, but certainly beat the alternative.

4. Can LRSA selectively restore the files back to the phone in some easy way - either in a Windows GUI (going through file names with Shift or Ctrl file-names as a copy and paste), or (perish the thought) using  Command-line Windows or Linux copy commands in Command-window or Power Shell window with wild-cards and/or Regular Expressions?

Having read through the LRSA, these more "granular" and more lower-level issues are not really addressed, hence the questions here.

Thanks for thoughts in advance.

(If need be, I could submit files, but would have no idea what to submit)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete