cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Logging in with Gmail rocks
Motorola Admin

Hi.

We’re offering a new way for you access the Motorola Owners’ Forums and other Motorola sites. We think this will make it easier for you to access the site, and for us to provide great support.

Very simply, you can use your Gmail address to log in instead of a non-Gmail address. This make sense to us, since you are already using Gmail on your Android device.

This won’t require a huge and complicated change. In fact, even after you have “switched” to a Gmail login, you will still be able to use your previous email address to access your account. And if you don't want to, no worries. But we hope you will find Gmail simpler. 

To make this simple change:

1. Make sure you are logged out! 

2. Click here and enter your non-Gmail address and password to log in.

3. On the next page you will be able to enter your Gmail address so it is "approved" to log you onto our site, and any Motorola property where you are registered.

It should only take a few moments to complete. See below for an illustration I made myself! (The link above bypasses that first screen pictured below and takes you right to the second one.)

Thanks!

Matt

(Want to comment or ask a question? Click here.)

18 Comments
Moto Sr Moderator

I must say that I have been using Google sign in since we moved to the new forums. It has absolutely been great for me. I have even forgotten my Motorola password thanks to this way of signing in. Thank goodness that it is saved in my password manager!

Once you start using this method you will wonder why you have continued to do it the old way. This is a big time save for me. Hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I do.

What's DOS?

Hi, My phone is a Motorola Photon. I can no longer view videos on my phone. frown I get an error messge that reads:

"Sorry, this video cannot be displayed."

f I go to Youtube directly, I can view videos.

Help!

Thankssmiley

Moto Sr Moderator

mpqueen5505 said:

Hi, My phone is a Motorola Photon. I can no longer view videos on my phone. frown I get an error messge that reads:

"Sorry, this video cannot be displayed."

f I go to Youtube directly, I can view videos.

Help!

Thankssmiley

View original

Please search for suggestions and if you can't find any then start a new post in the Photon 4G community. This isn't the correct place to be looking for help. Thank you and good luck.

What's DOS?

Complain No: 1307270060 job sheet no: 7726 date: 08-07-2013

Kindly refer to the above complain number ,We had called up customer care this morning. They suggested us to wait for another 15 days. we are very upset with the response from your customer care team. This is to Inform you that We cannot wait any more for our phone to get serviced. So We are forced  to take a legal action against your company, as we have lost all the hope to get our Phone Serviced or At least get a replacement as it carries warranty period. Before ending this relationship we would like to inform you that we had a strong faith on Motorola Phones though it is failure in capturing Indian Market, We use to order and get it from net, earlier we had Motorola Defy and we found a bad service support, thus we shifted to Motorola Atrix2 and history repeats again. We have lost all the hopes and faith from Motorola. 

Motorola Admin

As the forums are based in the U.S., it's not a simple thing to investigage problems like yours. I will try.

We do want to hear the bad and the good from our owners. However I do hope that in the future, you post in a more appropriate place. This community for Atrix 2 would have been the right place. Please comment on posts with relevant replies. Thanks.

What's DOS?

Will this procedure change my email address for receiveing forum replys and announcements? If not, how do I switch those notices from my original sign up comcast mail to my current gmail?

What's DOS?

This will also make it so much easier for Motorola to sell you to advertising companies because people profiles with verified real names are worth more. By the way Motorola, this is the most complicated sign-up process ever, keep adding more "one last step" things, and besides my IMEI and my name you might also want my fingerprints and a copy of my passport before i'm even allowed to _REPLY_ the the question of another user, talk about making sure you don't get a real community..good luck

Motorola Admin

We don't sell your info to advertisers. And you can skip giving your MEID if you want, but if you are coming to the forums for help, we may ask if we can use your MEID to investigate issues. This keeps us from having to do a behind-the-scenes handoff of that data. 

I don't know of any communities, off the top of my head, that don't require registration to reply or post.

Token Ring

Hi Matt and all,

I'm kinda stuck in limbo here - I have tried to do the login linking between Motorola ID and Gmail acct. and I'm getting nowhere fast.

I originally set up the Moto ID in 2011 to learn a little about the orig. Droid Razr which I ended up buying. In setting up the phone I set up my google/gmail account on the phone as the setup procedure of the time.

When I follow the login link procedure suggested I always end up in the area where you select your forum name and when I put in obiwan2000 it says its already taken - no joy there so I just keep using my moto ID and ignoring thr google sign in "opportunity".

I could live with that except now when I try to register my new Droid Maxx (IMEI 990002028971362) it seems to take the number says it has been added but never shows up in "my stuff" when I'm logged in thru my Moto ID.

As of now anyway I won't be able to participate in the MFN soaks on the new phone - no lack of interest just lack of access.

I hate to ask for special handling but if there is any way you can link obiwan2000@comcast.net and mowgli357@gmail.com keeping the obiwan2000 avatar name I would appreciate it.

I can PM my passwords to you if needed.

thanks,

BobD

802.11n

obiwan2000 said:

Hi Matt and all,

I'm kinda stuck in limbo here - I have tried to do the login linking between Motorola ID and Gmail acct. and I'm getting nowhere fast.

I originally set up the Moto ID in 2011 to learn a little about the orig. Droid Razr which I ended up buying. In setting up the phone I set up my google/gmail account on the phone as the setup procedure of the time.

When I follow the login link procedure suggested I always end up in the area where you select your forum name and when I put in obiwan2000 it says its already taken - no joy there so I just keep using my moto ID and ignoring thr google sign in "opportunity".

I could live with that except now when I try to register my new Droid Maxx (IMEI 990002028971362) it seems to take the number says it has been added but never shows up in "my stuff" when I'm logged in thru my Moto ID.

As of now anyway I won't be able to participate in the MFN soaks on the new phone - no lack of interest just lack of access.

I hate to ask for special handling but if there is any way you can link obiwan2000@comcast.net and mowgli357@gmail.com keeping the obiwan2000 avatar name I would appreciate it.

thanks,

BobD

View original

I was finally able to login to moto care with the gmail account and register the Droid Maxx - if you are responsible thanks.

Now I still have my avatar name but no history and a brand new telegraph.

Now I'm going to log out and log back in w/ the moto ID and see if my doppelganger is still there.

Token Ring

obiwan2000 said:

obiwan2000 said:

Hi Matt and all,

thanks,

BobD

View original

I was finally able to login to moto care with the gmail account and register the Droid Maxx - if you are responsible thanks.

Now I still have my avatar name but no history and a brand new telegraph.

Now I'm going to log out and log back in w/ the moto ID and see if my doppelganger is still there.

View original

Back in under my original moto ID with history etc. - now I'm beginning to understand why time travel might not be such a good idea.

2 good things - 1 being the new Droid Maxx is in the MFN and I now have a evil twin just like Crystallet devil Bwaaahahaha!

Seriously (for a moment only) if there is a way to merge them now into the Google identity that would be fine.

Thanks for listening (to both of us)

BobD ver 1.0

What's DOS?

I like the new signon procedure, or at least I will with a little help.  One thing overlooked is that one sees the option to signon using Google+ before seeing your post - guilty party here.

Anyway, to make this long story as short as I can, my original profile was set up a few years ago with a non-Gmail account; signing on a few minutes ago & seeing the signon with Google+, I chose it and immediately realized that I had probably missed something, that my G+ had not been tied to my non-Gmail signon.  Realizing this, I stopped the process and didn't not complete signing on.  However, that was apparently too late nonetheless because when I attempt to change the email associated with my profile, or attempt to follow your steps above, I receive a message stating that the gmail account is already associated with a profile.

At this point, I need your help to either tie the two together or delete the gmail profile that was created so that I can properly complete the procedure outlined in your post.

Punch Card

No, this makes it easier for Google to track you and ram Google+ down your throat. I barely use it anymore it's so bloated.

Not applicable

I have sent several messages trying to fix my ID. Instead of linking my ID, I accidently created a new Google Motorola Support ID with my gmail, So I have both the old and the new Support Forum Logins and they are not linked together. How can I fix this? been asking the question through chat, support website. Just looking for a way to fix my issue so I can start posting on my new phone, Moto X! Loving this phone!

What's DOS?

@Matt, following up on the below post of Sept 5th as I have had no response.

on Sept 5, Mogo34 said:

I like the new signon procedure, or at least I will with a little help.  One thing overlooked is that one sees the option to signon using Google+ before seeing your post - guilty party here.

Anyway, to make this long story as short as I can, my original profile was set up a few years ago with a non-Gmail account; signing on a few minutes ago & seeing the signon with Google+, I chose it and immediately realized that I had probably missed something, that my G+ had not been tied to my non-Gmail signon.  Realizing this, I stopped the process and didn't not complete signing on.  However, that was apparently too late nonetheless because when I attempt to change the email associated with my profile, or attempt to follow your steps above, I receive a message stating that the gmail account is already associated with a profile.

At this point, I need your help to either tie the two together or delete the gmail profile that was created so that I can properly complete the procedure outlined in your post.

View original

What's DOS?
Sigh this option is a life saver I had forgot the Motorola id's password . !!
What's DOS?

Hola, me parece perfecto que ya hayan  hecho una conexión con google, pero sería mejor que funcionara con todos los idiomas, el español está fallando y aun no se puede entrar.

What's DOS?
I lollipop on my moto g 4g lte
Top Kudoed Posts