cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply by email -- at last!
Motorola Admin

As some members have noticed, we've been working for some time to enable Reply By Email on our community. Good news -- it looks like it's working!

It's a simple tool but it makes it easy to use the forums when away from your PC. Here's how it works.

1. You start or respond to a thread, or subscribe, so that you get an email when there is a post.

2. You used to get only a Reply to this Comment by Web link in your email, but now you will see Reply to this Comment by Email as well.

3. If you click Reply to this Comment by Email it will open a new email. (Here's where things get a little tricky...)

4. You will see text in your newly-opened email instructing you to put your message between two lines, like so:

***only content below this line will be posted as a comment***

PUT YOUR COMMENT IN HERE.

***only content above this line will be posted as a comment***

5. Do that, hit send, and your comment will post just fine.

There may be some situations where this doesn't work properly, and you can help us by reporting it. We will need:

• The email program

• The browser

• The device you are using (phone model, or PC OS, etc.)

If it doesn't work on your vintage Commodore 64 running your custom DOS-based email program, I can't guarantee we'll be able to prioritize that for a fix. 

cool

Want to comment? Click here. Off-topic posts will be removed so please find the correct place for your post.

6 Comments
What's DOS?

Excellent job and thank you for all the hard work you and your team have put into getting the service up and running properly. It does appear to be ready for primetime. Thanks again.

Motorola Admin

Thanks, Dawg!

802.11n
Strong work folks! Reply by email is very handy. Mad props to Matt and the entire team on this one
What's DOS?

Awesome

What's DOS?
I want lollipop on moto g LTE
Moto Sr Moderator

kazuky said:

I want lollipop on moto g LTEView original

This is the wrong community and the wrong thread to be talking about the update. You need to stay on topic, please. Please go to the Moto G 4G LTE thread for Lollipop.

Moto G 4G LTE 1st Gen community.

Moto G 4G LTE 2nd Gen community.

Top Kudoed Posts