cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sweetness
Motorola Admin

It's a minor holiday for some people, but for us it's a biggie -- the day we update the Android Update News page for Motorola phones. And today is that day!

Once Android 5.0 Lollipop is officially released, we intend to bring this latest upgrade to many of our other Motorola devices as well. This includes Moto X (1st & 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st and 2nd Gen), Moto G with 4G LTE, Moto E, and Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini. We're still working out the details on timing and the upgrade depends on our partners' support, so stay tuned to our software upgrades page for the latest and greatest.

There are a lot of well-known Lollipop songs - which do you prefer? I'm more into the oldies on this one...

80 Comments
Moto Sr Moderator

How about real, real old?

Shirley Temple

Or, closer to your timeframe...

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows, Lesley Gore

Punch Card

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the great news!   My 2013 X will continue to have life =)

Quick question - T-Mobile had mentioned in their press release that the N6 will be getting a OTA update early 2015 that will let wifi calling start working  thanks to features that were added in 5.0.

Any chance we'll be as fortunate to get similar behavior on the rest of the Motorola family once we get upgraded to 5.0?

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobile-to-bring-nexus-6-to-its-data-strong-network-this-november.htm?AID=11031750&PID=6147683&SID=8161bfmzaeb7

That would be amazing!

What's DOS?
Awesome! Makes me wonder is the US cellular 2013 moto x will skip 4.4.4 since we still haven't gotten it. Or if we will even get the 5.0 update.
Punch Card

Oh the Chordettes for sure.  Brings back memories.smiley

What's DOS?

I looked at the page they gives updates on Lolipop status but none of the options shows the 1095 model I am able to fine 1097 but not the pure edition.      Where do I go to get updates on the pure edition?

What's DOS?

Gr8 news Matt, Hope Moto E restart issue will be taken care with 5.0

#Lollipopblush

SCSI Port

Thanks can't wait I just got my Moto g 2nd generation and I love it.

Motorola Admin

pdc1977 said:

I looked at the page they gives updates on Lolipop status but none of the options shows the 1095 model I am able to fine 1097 but not the pure edition.      Where do I go to get updates on the pure edition?

View original

In this case there is no distinction -- it's a blanket statement about Lollipop for Moto X 2nd Gen. And since Pure is not carrier locked, I think you don't even have to worry about that caveat.

802.11n

Humm....   on the good ship....Lollipop.

Yea no not really on the Lollipop Song. But how about some Turbo Soundtrack from the movie.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/turbo-music-from-the-motion-picture-mw0002550832    track # 11   Turbo less crank it up : ) Get that Snail a Fire Red Droid Turbo running 5.0 Lollipop octane.   :0)

What's DOS?
sir...good day. how bout our xt1033, moto g 1st gen, dual sim? Will it receive an android L update..? TIA..
Moto Sr Moderator

peeeych said:

sir...good day. how bout our xt1033, moto g 1st gen, dual sim? Will it receive an android L update..? TIA..View original

Check the Update Page. That will tell you if your device will get it or not. 

MGJ
What's DOS?

Hey Matt

Thanks for the update. Great News!! There are several queries regarding Moto E device in the forum that it will automatically restart. Till now we haven't get any solution from Motorola support. Can you please help Moto E users on restart problem.

Users have tried many ways like putting Moto E in safe mode, doing hard reset, installing third party apps etc. None of the methods worked properly. Please suggest

Thanks in Advance

Moto Emeritus

MGJ said:

Hey Matt

Thanks for the update. Great News!! There are several queries regarding Moto E device in the forum that it will automatically restart. Till now we haven't get any solution from Motorola support. Can you please help Moto E users on restart problem.

Users have tried many ways like putting Moto E in safe mode, doing hard reset, installing third party apps etc. None of the methods worked properly. Please suggest

Thanks in Advance

View original

This issue is being investigated. We're aware of it and will provide an update when we know more.

Mark

Forums Manager

What's DOS?

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

MGJ said:

Hey Matt

Thanks in Advance

View original

This issue is being investigated. We're aware of it and will provide an update when we know more.

Mark

Forums Manager

View original

Thanks Mark for the convincing response, Waiting eagerly for it 

MGJ
What's DOS?

Thanks Mark. Thanks for your quick response.

Hope this issue will be investigated and rectified soon. Please inform all the users about this investigation. This will give relief to all Moto E users who are facing restart problem. Most of them are moving out of Motorola because of this issue.

And also do let us know when we can expect the solution for restart problem(timeline).

Thanks in advance

What's DOS?

Thanks in advance

(removed)

edited by joelbon. Sorry but links to personal/business websites are not allowed. Please don't use this forum as a billboard for your business. This is against the House Rules.

What's DOS?

Hey Matt

Please have a look at this link

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/5d0be56b43?commentId=819294#819294

and please confirm if this issue is specifically for motorola users of India

Thanks

Ira
What's DOS?

When will Motorola Moto X 2nd Gen release in Malaysia?

What's DOS?

I am looking into buying a new phone and I was wondering if anyone knows if the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx XT912M will be getting the update or is it just the newer maxx? sorry if this is a stupid question I am not too familiar with droid devices.

Moto Sr Moderator

The XT912 series, launched in 2011, received it's last Android system update to Jelly Bean in 2013.  It will not be updated to Android 5.

It's not a stupid question at all.  ☺

WWAN

I vote for the Chordettes version of Lollipop.  It's a generational thing.

However, I too wonder whether the unlocked first generation XT1053 Moto X is capable of being updated for wi-fi calling.  Or doesn't it have the appropriate radios built in?

What's DOS?

My Boy Lollipop was recorded by Millie Small, not Millie Smith!

What's DOS?
Lollipop songs are great and all, and this is great news! However, and apologize if I'm missing where this is posted, one thing that seems to be missing from the update list is for those of us who bought unlocked phones direct from Motorola and not from a carrier. My phone is a Moto G XT1034 GSM model (AT&T compatible but not on their network). When do the phones owned by us 'purists' get updates?
Moto Sr Moderator

Nobody knows when it will happen for any phone, since no dates have been officially released by Motorola and/or the carriers.

But, even with a carrier unlocked device, if your model is slated to get the update, you will get it.

What's DOS?
That it will be updated is not in question, but I'm not the one who posted a page https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949 where the first line of text reads, ""Will my device receive an upgrade? When? How?" Never fear...all the information's right here."

Kind of silly to post a page stating it answers those questions, then not answering the questions.
Moto Sr Moderator
Not sure, but if you are still on 4.4.3 it looks like the update may be out for 4.4.4 for the 1st gen G.

US.Moto G (2013) finally updates to 4.4.4 with 21MB OTA in the US http://www.androidcentral.com/original-moto-g-finally-updates-444-21mb-ota
What's DOS?
It sure is, mine updated yesterday. For a moment I thought maybe it was Lollipop when I received the notification. Not being impatient about it, just excited! There's a reason I bought my android smartphones. Ive supported the android platform from the early days before it had a name.
What's DOS?
Excited for the software update.. Can't wait long.. Smiley Happy
What's DOS?

Sir I have problem on unlocking Boot loader of my phone moto x g1

I get my unlock data

Sir I have problem on unlocking Boot loader of my phone moto x g1

I get my unlock data

3A45990435736582#544139333430354E305900585431303333000000#735518784F790856C519B8B63C7023A39253271C#EB5940030F0000080000000000000000 

And I get password 

I get my unlock data

I get my unlock data

3A45990435736582#544139333430354E305900585431303333000000#735518784F790856C519B8B63C7023A39253271C#EB5940030F0000080000000000000000 

And I get password 

4IG2OCWDXH26ARIRQGNO

Then I try to unlock but it say ur password is incorrect on command window

Wt can I do somebody plz help me I beg u

What's DOS?

Sir please reply me  or my email is "ikmhemanthkumar@gmail.com" pls reply me

WWAN

hemanth,

That is a subject that cannot be discussed in these forums.

Moto Sr Moderator

hemanth said:

Sir please reply me  or my email is "ikmhemanthkumar@gmail.com" pls reply me

View original

Is this a Dev edition? If not, than you won't get any help at all. The retail version of the X is not unlockable as far as the bootloader is concerned.

What's DOS?

Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop

What's DOS?

Matt,

Posting here to see if I get a response as you were/are the forums manager on the Motoactv but I don't see you posting there any longer.  Collin Fair of Tapiriik.com is willing to look into syncing the motoactv data through his site that syncs garmin, strava, runkeeper, etc.  It is widely used by athletes that use more than one device, i.e. use a smart phone on a bicycle but a gps watch to run with, in order to have all your data in one place or in this case in all the places at the same time.  He has asked me to point him to the API.  This would be a huge benefit to Motoactv users (and Motorola in keeping them happy) if the API was open for such development.  I'm technically challenged in this area and don't know all the issues.  Can you help?  Thanks.

What's DOS?

Matt or Mark, I received and email tonight about not responding to an email.  I am not clear as to email I missed.  Thanks for any help.

Cary

What's DOS?

This is good news for us Maxx owners. The latest update allowing Advanced Calling on Verizon is working just fine, but I'm looking forward to Lollipop. Hoping my Nexus gets it as well.

Moto Sr Moderator

okhiker said:

Matt,

Posting here to see if I get a response as you were/are the forums manager on the Motoactv but I don't see you posting there any longer.  Collin Fair of Tapiriik.com is willing to look into syncing the motoactv data through his site that syncs garmin, strava, runkeeper, etc.  It is widely used by athletes that use more than one device, i.e. use a smart phone on a bicycle but a gps watch to run with, in order to have all your data in one place or in this case in all the places at the same time.  He has asked me to point him to the API.  This would be a huge benefit to Motoactv users (and Motorola in keeping them happy) if the API was open for such development.  I'm technically challenged in this area and don't know all the issues.  Can you help?  Thanks.

View original

The Developer can go Here for the API's. Hope this helps.

Moto Sr Moderator

hdave said:

This is good news for us Maxx owners. The latest update allowing Advanced Calling on Verizon is working just fine, but I'm looking forward to Lollipop. Hoping my Nexus gets it as well.

View original

I think we are all looking forward to Lollipop. I will have it as soon as my Nexus 6 arrives. Suppose to ship on the 19th. I am hoping a little sooner, though. I am so excited I can't stand it!

What's DOS?

joelbon,

Thanks for the info on the Motoactv.  I'll pass on to Collin. Thanks again.

What's DOS?

Chordettes FTW

WWAN

Apparently things aren't so sweet yet.  There's a wi-fi bug delay.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&authuser=0&q=lollipop+update+delayed&oq=lollipop+u...

Moto Sr Moderator

It is only a week, though. I don't see that as a huge problem. We will see if they make good on the 11/12 release. Here's hoping for all interested parties.

802.11n
@Joelbon. You said they, please specifie who they is or someone like me will get so Excited cause I think they is Hello Moto. :0). Joel said they is releaseing Lollipop on the 11/12. Woot Woot
Fanfold Paper

hope moto g camera pic gets more detail and sharpness and all the camera issues gets solved and waiting for lolipop ota on my moto g Smiley Happy 

WWAN

rishabjain said:

hope moto g camera pic gets more detail and sharpness and all the camera issues gets solved and waiting for lolipop ota on my moto g Smiley Happy 

Apparently, the Android 5.0 Lollipop update will include support for RAW image files, leading to greater detail and sharpness for those people who want to bother tweaking their photos..

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=lollipop%20raw%20camer...

Fanfold Paper
Well if that's true then it's good. (Y)
What's DOS?

Lollipop is more of a Willy Wonka update Smiley Happy, eager to test it out and contribute bug reports for smooth experience...

What's DOS?

Signed up for testing but never heard back. I have a new Moto X Pure. Should I see an update soon?

What's DOS?

Hello Matt ,

"Once Android 5.0 Lollipop is officially released, we intend to bring this latest upgrade to many of our other Motorola devices as well. This includes Moto X (1st & 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st and 2nd Gen), Moto G with 4G LTE, Moto E, and Droid Ultra." 

What about the Moto G EXT that is offered by Consumer Cellular . 

And I was disappointed to not be able to find any data about this EXT phone anywhere on the Motorola website .

Thanks in advance for any info you can share .

What's DOS?

Dear Sir,

The Android 5.0 has already been released. When Moto G (1st Gen) users will get it. Please update on Forum.

Regards,

Hrishikesh Goswami.

Top Kudoed Posts