cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Updated: Missing posts overnight
Motorola Admin

Hi.

As you may have noticed, a number of comments have gone missing from threads in communities across our forums. We noticed the issue late last night and we're working with the vendor to restore them. 

At this time, we are hopeful that we won't lose any comments, but until the issue is fixed we won't really know. The team is working on it now but we don't know how long it may take.

If you have lost points due to lost comments, those will be restored when those comments are retrieved. 

Thanks for your patience as we get this corrected.

- Matt

UPDATE1:

Hi again.

It's been nearly two weeks, and we've not yet been able to restore the missing comments.

The comments still exist; the challenge has been to rebuild the threads and then import them into our active communities. The rebuilding process took more than a week, but the final steps failed, so our vendor is back to the drawing board -- and it is Christmas, so not everyone is working over the coming days. It will likely be a few days before the effort gets back on track.

We're still hopeful that we can get this solved. Apologies for the delay.

Happy holidays to anyone celebrating!

Update2: 1/21/2015 We expect a short outage tonight around 9:30pm Central to fix this issue. If you are posting a comment at this time it may fail. After the outage we anticipate the missing posts from Mid November to December 10th should be restored. Mark (Forums Manager)

- Matt

Want to comment? Click here.

99 Comments
Token Ring
I lost all my 140 comments and I was a star Tec yesterday but now I'm reduced to beginner.
Motorola Admin

gauravshahi said:

I lost all my 140 comments and I was a star Tec yesterday but now I'm reduced to beginner.View original

Ah, thanks for mentioning that. I edited by post to include more information. When the comments are restored, your points will be as well. 

Token Ring
Thanks Matt..Smiley Happy
Thanks for taking this issue serious matt. I had 138 comments
I also wanted to report that Avatar (profile picture) has also been remove or lost.
What's DOS?

Yeah, something seems to have eaten my avatar as well. Will that be restored or should I fix it when I get home (where I have the image file)?

What's DOS?

New here. Why isn't Verizon Wireless an option when you create your user profile? They are the biggest telecommunications company. 

Moto Emeritus

Jaxworld said:

New here. Why isn't Verizon Wireless an option when you create your user profile? They are the biggest telecommunications company. 

View original

Jaxworld-

You have Verizon selected. surprise It appears for me....

Mark

Forums Manager

Moto Emeritus

GilmourD said:

Yeah, something seems to have eaten my avatar as well. Will that be restored or should I fix it when I get home (where I have the image file)?

View original

That might have been eaten in the mix-up too though many are showing without issue.  Go ahead and restore it for now.  We noticed this as well and will be tracking to see if it is restored. Right now we're most concerned about the comments.

Mark

Forums Manager

Token Ring

So glad you posted this..... I was nearly ready to call the White Bus to haul me off.. I looked at the questions I commented (May / or may not have.. I'm still ?? LOL ) on and they were missing me?  My avatar wasn't in my mind it could have been reset as a Pony with saddle bags, I was worried more about .. who the heck I was commenting to??  I almost gave up drinking... ( Deer Park : )  I have recovered Smiley Happy

Token Ring

I lost my points too. Before my profile icon was "Two-Way Pager" but when i log in today i notice that my profile icon reduce to "Telegraph" . And my profile picture is also lost. Hope my point & icon & Profile Pic restore after the problem is fix.

i want to know that i have earned 100+points (DynaTac) after this Issue happend. Will this points will be added after restoring our old comments ? 

Moto Sr Moderator

vivekanandh02 said:

i want to know that i have earned 45+points after this Issue happend. Will this points will be added after restoring our old comments ? 

View original

When the comments are restored so, too, will be the points. They are hoping that no content will be lost. You should regain all of your points and comments when they get this all straightened out.

Yes, any points that you have earned since the problem started will also be retained. Hope this helps.

What's DOS?
I m a beginner again :'(
What's DOS?

when i all my comments and posts will be restored Smiley Sad

What's DOS?

Hii Matt

I received your mail regarding soak test registration but unfortunately i wasn't able to register. Please canbu provide me the soak test update for moto g 1st gen in India. I really want it man

What's DOS?
Yeah, I was wondering why aren't there any mails from the forum replies. So logged in to see this. Hope you guys recover everything soon. Best of luck!
What's DOS?
Please, do not post anything about soak tests here. Check out the main forum post if you want to join the MFN.
Moto Sr Moderator

Bloodhound42 said:

View original

They will be restored when everyone else's is restored. This is being worked on and will happen soon, hopefully. There hasn't been a timeline that I know of that it will happen. It will happen, but it takes time for them to straighten out what has happened and fix it. Hope this helps.

joelbon said:

Bloodhound42 said:

View original

They will be restored when everyone else's is restored. This is being worked on and will happen soon, hopefully. There hasn't been a timeline that I know of that it will happen. It will happen, but it takes time for them to straighten out what has happened and fix it. Hope this helps.

View original

Motorola never gives a exact timeline sadangry

What's DOS?
Haha. I will have to agree with that! Smiley Very Happy
Moto Sr Moderator
Please do not ask to get the soak. If you read before you post it says how it works. Asking is just spamming everyone's email. Please stop. 
Moto Sr Moderator
Come on... Does any manufacturer give an exact time line for upgrades? Not many have even got the upgrade yet either. It seems nothing is ever fast enough.......... Relax please.. 
What's DOS?

Its been exactly a month now since the 2nd Gen Moto G and X got the updates in the US. Its kind of unfair that others have to wait for so long. I know not all manfacturers give a timeline for upgrade, but if you really want people around here to relax, a timeline will do it, trust me. I'd rather wait knowing its coming during a certain week or a month than just sitting and checking updates every now and then! All the excitement that I had for Lollipop is fading away day by day. But I still love Motorola for giving us the 'Exceptional Phone @ Exceptional Price' Smiley Very Happy

Not applicable

My forum account is disabled and I had to register & login with another account. They have locked my account because I posted following experience which happened with me from motorola.

I am experiencing worst customer service. I din't expected this from ‪#‎motorola‬.

On 5th November, I gave my phone to service centre and they told I will get my phone after 7 days. After 7 days, they told again I have to wait another 7 days. After waiting for totally 15 days, on 21st November, they assured that I will get my phone on Monday but they again extended the date.

On 23rd November, I got a call from #motorola saying my phone is ready and I can come & pick it from the service centre.

On 24th November, not to my expectation they made me wait for more than 2 hours and later they informed me that it would take another 2 days.

On 26th November, I gave a call to check my phone's status before going and testing my patience. More to my surprise they said, they can't do anything about the phone and they told me to call directly to #motorola customer Service.

Same day, I called #motorola customer service and they told they are escalating my issue to concern department and I will get call back from them and till now I am waiting for call that never gonna ring.

This kind of service from international brand is not at all acceptable, as a individual I would not recommend such products in the market.

After all that, I got many commitments about getting my phone back, even customer support people are not able to answer or give me proper solution about my phone. I spoke to my regional manager (Mr. Jagdish) & he also gave many commitments about giving my phone back but he is also not able to save his promises. Till today, I have not got my phone back from service centre. 

I spoke to many people in customer support. Once, they escalated my concern to higher department, I got call from person called mohammed and he also promised many things after that he didn't revert back.

On December 12th, I got a call from a person called Mr. Suresh Kumar from motorola RSS department. He called me to ask about my phone which I suppose to get on 11th of December(According to him). I explained all the things which happened from the beginning (Nov 5th) and he promised for calling back within 24 hours and resolving the issue.

On December 13th, I didn't got any call from his side and obviously I have to call customer support and again I have to explain all the things which I have explained more than 50 times. This time they transferred my call to higher authority and I spoke to a person called Mr Raman Deep who again promised to resolve my issue within Monday. I hope this will be my last request for my phone.

Again I want to tell, this kind of service from international brand is not at all acceptable, as a individual I would not recommend such products in the market.

#motorola ‪#‎motog‬ ‪#‎motog2ndgen‬ ‪#‎motog2gen‬‪#‎motocare‬ ‪#‎moto‬ ‪#‎srisaicells‬ ‪#‎bangalore‬ ‪#‎india‬

Moto Sr Moderator
First, let's get some facts straight. It has not been released to everyone in the US. It has not been that long. Would you want 5.0 or maybe 5.01? Second this is the wrong thread to be discussing this..... 
Motorola Admin
I'm the forums manager, and if you send an email with details of your service issue to supportforums@motorola.com, we'll look into it and get you some help.

Please do not post the same comment 10 times in our communities.
What's DOS?

Okay. Sorry for that! Smiley Happyo

What's DOS?

Yes, I have also missed last few comments related to google search / now issue.

And seems like its last months comments only.

What's DOS?

There is so much wrong with Moto India. They shouldn't be allowed to sell their shoddy mobiles without adequate customer support.

And potentially damaging (to Motorola) posts are disappearing? We're shocked and amazed.

What's DOS?

sridharmotog said:

There is so much wrong with Moto India. They shouldn't be allowed to sell their shoddy mobiles without adequate customer support.

And potentially damaging (to Motorola) posts are disappearing? We're shocked and amazed.

View original

You must realize that any product will have a statistically small percentage of defects, usually MUCH LESS than 1%. However, when you're manufacturing something in the MILLIONS like Motorola does with phones, even a small percentage like 0.3% will seem significant. Hypothetically, Motorola made 10,000,000 devices with a defect rate of 0.3% (that's three tenths of a single percent). That would still be 30,000 defective devices. Sure, it sucks to be them, but... c'mon. 0.3% would be a fantastic defect rate to drop to. Now, I did pull that number out of the sky. I don't know what Motorola's production numbers or defect rate are off the top of my head, but that should give you a ballpark idea of how that works.

Also, a significantly large quantity of good posts have disappeared as well. I'm not sure why you're taking this so personally, as if Motorola is trying to evade or outright hide your problems. I lost EVERY SINGLE POST I MADE before the problem and none of them were a complaint.

Moto Emeritus

sridharmotog said:

View original

Comments will be restored. Our community application vendor is working to get everything put back.

Mark

Forums Manager

What's DOS?

hi Matt

Phone Service Provider *

Please choose I don't own a phone if you do not have one

i am not able to select my service provide in the list

i am using service of Idea it only shows BSNL and airtel 

what should i do as of now i have selected BSNL

pls update o it

Moto Emeritus

AjayRK said:

hi Matt

Phone Service Provider *

Please choose I don't own a phone if you do not have one

i am not able to select my service provide in the list

i am using service of Idea it only shows BSNL and airtel 

what should i do as of now i have selected BSNL

pls update o it

View original

Our community developer is working on restoring the lost content. The symptoms are part of that temporary data loss that started last Wednesday.

Mark

Forums Manager

Broadband 3G

Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well and the content is restored.  I miss my posts, comments and my old Brick Icon... lol

Moto Sr Moderator

The vendor is still assuring us that they will be restored. It is taking longer than they thought it would. Hopefully, it will happen soon.

Token Ring

I'm glad I searched this out. I was feeling paranoid and unloved with my mysterious status drop back to Two Way Pager.

Token Ring

Well, between the time I wrote that and the time it posted I jumped back to DynaTac.

What's DOS?

hello man, my friend got the test version of the new android 5.0 and his mobile is a MOTO G, like mine. How do I get this test upgrade?

Broadband 3G

Yay... Got my DynaTac back also! Looks like there are still a few posts and comments to be restored but the are definitely making progress!

Broadband 3G

mts_galdino said:

hello man, my friend got the test version of the new android 5.0 and his mobile is a MOTO G, like mine. How do I get this test upgrade?

View original

You will want to follow the link below for instructions...

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775?commentId=853796#853796

What's DOS?

em new here.

what to happen to motorola ?

why people lost their comments 

Moto Sr Moderator

Ash_khan said:

em new here.

what to happen to motorola ?

why people lost their comments 

View original

I understand that you are new here. But in order to use a forum you must do some reading in order to find the answer to your question first before you post. Scroll up and read the posts before yours. Go to the very beginning and you will find even more information.

Not applicable
Now i am bored of checking updates.
Go to hell motorola.
I lost my patience now.
All articles are saying that android 5.0.1 lollipop update rolled out now for moto g 1st & 2nd gen.
But i didnt got android 5.0 Update.
& soak test starts in india of moto g 1st gen on 14th nov so now 1 month & 8 days passed now & i heard that soak test usually runs for 7-8 days.
& also heard that soak test of moto g 1st gen was successful althogh we didnt got it.
& you dont have a fix date & not giving proper answer here in forum & in help chat also we didnt got proper answer.
So i am very disappointed now.
Now its unbearable.
What's DOS?
Yes this is getting frustrated now. This is very ridiculous from motorola. i didn't get the soak test update even after registration for mfn but now they are delaying the update too. Without any proper reason. Its hell motorola. Fake promises. Give us updated soon moto
802.11n

Bhargavsays said:

Now i am bored of checking updates. Go to hell motorola. I lost my patience now. All articles are saying that android 5.0.1 lollipop update rolled out now for moto g 1st & 2nd gen. But i didnt got android 5.0 Update. & soak test starts in india of moto g 1st gen on 14th nov so now 1 month & 8 days passed now & i heard that soak test usually runs for 7-8 days. & also heard that soak test of moto g 1st gen was successful althogh we didnt got it. & you dont have a fix date & not giving proper answer here in forum & in help chat also we didnt got proper answer. So i am very disappointed now. Now its unbearable.View original

It is just a software update. Why are you getting so worked up over it? 

802.11n

Iabhijangid said:

Yes this is getting frustrated now. This is very ridiculous from motorola. i didn't get the soak test update even after registration for mfn but now they are delaying the update too. Without any proper reason. Its hell motorola. Fake promises. Give us updated soon motoView original

Fake promises? 

They just promised an update. They didn't say they will update it in December.

Also, "hell motorola"?

You would be lucky if you had a budget Samsung or HTC Phone and got an update from them. 

What's DOS?
Ta muito bom o Lollipop
What's DOS?

ok, 

Motorola é ótima empresa de tecnologia , o tablet é uma invenção incrível e a  motorola fabrica o xoom que é sensacional

What's DOS?
Hello all, I'm new to this forum! Hope to get indulged in your talks soon! By the way this is my first comment… may this comment don't get into the missing list! Merry Christmas everyone!
Top Kudoed Posts