cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We are experiencing technical difficulties - please stand by!
Motorola Admin

Hi.

A new maintenance release rolled out on the site and as you may have noticed, it's causing some problems with longer threads.

Just wanted everyone to know that we're aware of it and working on it with our vendor.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

- Matt

UPDATE: Looks like the long-thread issue is resolved. We have some other stuff we're still working on but for the most part we're running! Carry on.

- Matt

Click here to leave comments.

17 Comments
What's DOS?

At least now I know why I can't access the Droid2 Global software update forum.

What's DOS?
 it kept telling me too many redirects to get here but finally did ..I want a new phone and was thinking about Droid 4 , I have a Xoom wifi tab so was thinking a Motorola droid4 ....have my wifi Xoom so Motorola driod is obvious choice....plus I think I'm going to like this forum thing.... jim
Motorola Admin

defgod said:

At least now I know why I can't access the Droid2 Global software update forum.

defgod, I don't think that had anything to do with this. Please try again.

What's DOS?

Every time I use the link from the email I get a 403 permission denied. So I don't know what to do.

802.11n

Matt, I read your edit from Mar 4th and the long thread problem still exists.

The <back>, <first> & <next> links are still gone from the top and bottom of each page and we have to scroll to the bottom of the first page of posts to find the boxed page numbers to use to navigate to other pages.

It also seems that each page has increased to 15 posts instead of 10, so it's even further down we have to scroll.

Waiting patiently.

Token Ring

I agree with tominbristol. It's back 'working' to last weekend's state.  Page numbers only showing at the bottom of long threads.  Bad as numbers should be at top and bottom. 

That is not good but to me the larger issue is still with replying to email based subscriptions.  Why oh why does it take us to the first post in a thread vs. the last??

Help.   Thanks,

802.11n

Not sure what your definition of 'working' is but try getting to the latest post in the Amazon Free App thread. Mark said it would be rolled back or fixed but this morning I had to re-register just to get in. Needs to be rolled back to the old forum in my opinion. hardly anyone posting here now.

Token Ring

I got prompted to register again also.  I trust Mark and Matt are paddling furiously under the water surface but not sure what's going on here and it's increasingly time consuming to try to get exactly where one wants to.

If there's interest in a vote to blow the forum up and start over with a clean sheet mark me down as an 'aye'.

Mike

What's DOS?

I had to re-register my Xoom AGAIN!  Between this and my sleep and reboot problem the Ipad 3is looking to be the way to go.  stan0607

Moto Sr Moderator

I have been trying to get in here for days!  Every time I signed in, it would take me to the support website and recognize me, but when I went to the forums, it didn't.  When I tried to re-register it said that my email address was already on file.  I've been so jealous of everyone who found a way in!  Now that I am back in, let's see if it kicks me out again...

We all love technology...when it works!

What's DOS?

I could not log into the forum on my Xoom but was able to using my desktop.  Then I had to resister my Xoom again.  When I go into my profile I was asked to sign up for the feed back network which I did again. Now it wants me to accept the terms but when i try to do this I can not find any palce in the terms document to accept the terms.  I originally registered my Xoom and opted into the feed back network in March of 2011.

Additionally, several weeks ago I sent my xoom info in hoping Moto would push the 3.2.6 update to my Xoom 4G tablet.  No update as of this moment still on 3.2.4

What's DOS?
 i too am having log in issues now. My maxx isn't able to access the site. I get an error message.
What's DOS?

I am unable to access any of the long threads, which are the ones of the most interest.    I used to spend a lot of time reading here every day and now I am checking in a couple times a week and not able to  get to many topics.

Token Ring

Matt/Mark,

Any update to this?  Really frustrating to have to scroll down to the bottom of (each) long thread just to get the next page number.

thx!

What's DOS?

how do i sign in and get  to my Forum 

when i dont see  on this page above to sign

only see this and i will send the other half

What's DOS?

part two and i need to go into the forum and ask a new  question

What's DOS?
Hope of new life to your old android Device.
http://vishalkarde.blogspot.in/2012/03/hope-of-new-life-to-your-old-android.html
Top Kudoed Posts