cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome back!
Motorola Admin

Because we are committed to the peer-to-peer support model on the Motorola Owners' Forums, there are precious few of us actual Motorola employees out here. I'm here, and Nicole is here. Wendy has started helping out as well, and there are a few others, including our mysterious forums elves like luilao ("The High Spirit"), elnard and emejoy.

But our numbers have just increased for the better. I'm happy to welcome back Mark, who was my partner on this site from before it was even launched. If you have been a member here for awhile, you will likely remember him -- please say hello!

Mark will dive back into forums activities, helping to moderate and manage the site. With his help we hope to improve site performance and organization and continue to improve the Motorola Feedback Network.

And of course, Mark and I both lean heavily on our astounding team of MotoXprts, the volunteer moderators that do all the heavy lifting here in our communities. I am constantly amazed and humbled by their contributions. Endless thanks to the MotoXprts team (in no particular order)!

Want to comment? Click here!

98 Comments
What's DOS?
Thank you my maxx HD is working very well. I can't wait to see what improvements come with kit kat.
802.11n

Once again, welcome back into the trenches, Mark!

Betcha you're gonna be tackling that 'Mobile Solution' again, huh?! cool

And maybe 'Keep me signed in'?

wink

Moto Emeritus

tominbristol said:

Once again, welcome back into the trenches, Mark!

Betcha you're gonna be tackling that 'Mobile Solution' again, huh?! cool

And maybe 'Keep me signed in'?

wink

View original

You know it!

Bit Torrent

*waves cheerfully* Hello everyone, and welcome (back), Mark!

What's DOS?
good, not if I'm in the right forum but I would like to know if my Motorola is guaranteed by Amazon and buy it have not been two days the screen was placed in me and I remain red and assistance that can be
Moto Emeritus

jhonjop said:

good, not if I'm in the right forum but I would like to know if my Motorola is guaranteed by Amazon and buy it have not been two days the screen was placed in me and I remain red and assistance that can beView original

Hi jhonjop:  You'll want to post your question in the Moto G Community

Mark

Forum Manager

What's DOS?

Can Someoone Please Help Me I Have An Electrify 2 && It Will NOT Power On , Reset Or Anything When i Put It On The Charger A Green Light Comes On && Thats It I've Tried Holding Down The Power Button && The Volume Down && That Doesn't Work Either . I've Tooken The Batter Out && Still Nothing Can Anyone Help Me Or Know Whats Going On ?

Moto Sr Moderator

Destiny said:

Can Someoone Please Help Me I Have An Electrify 2 && It Will NOT Power On , Reset Or Anything When i Put It On The Charger A Green Light Comes On && Thats It I've Tried Holding Down The Power Button && The Volume Down && That Doesn't Work Either . I've Tooken The Batter Out && Still Nothing Can Anyone Help Me Or Know Whats Going On ?

View original

Hi Destiny,

You will want to post in the Electrify 2 Community. You should get some help there. Thanks.

In fact there is already a thread with this problem already. Please post Here with your comments.

Moto Sr Moderator

Welcome back Mark!!!!!smiley

What's DOS?
Hi... Matt / All

I have Moto G indian version Kitkat out of box.
Problems list:
1. My battery lasts only 7-9 hours.
2. Simtimes screen blank
3. Device produces heat after 10-15 minutes
4. Sometimes back key not working

Did two times factory data reset and battery calibration process.

You can use my IMEI number for more details...

Thanks...
What's DOS?
Moto Sr Moderator

Ketul said:

Hi... Matt / All I have Moto G indian version Kitkat out of box. Problems list: 1. My battery lasts only 7-9 hours. 2. Simtimes screen blank 3. Device produces heat after 10-15 minutes 4. Sometimes back key not working Did two times factory data reset and battery calibration process. You can use my IMEI number for more details... Thanks...View original

You should post your problems in the Motorola G community. That will be your best bet to get help. Hope this helps.

What's DOS?
Thanks
Moto Sr Moderator

Don't know how I missed Matt's blog post, but I did.  indecision

Had I seen it sooner I would have commented sooner that my experience here has been almost exclusively positive and rewarding.  I have learned so much from the Motorola employees, the MotoXprts, and the forum members over time, and the ability to get advice and tips from people using the device every day is invaluable.

To all who get paid for being here, you deserve a raise!  A big one!

For those who volunteer their time and efforts, how do we ever thank you enough!

802.11n

crystallet said:

Don't know how I missed Matt's blog post, but I did.  indecision

Had I seen it sooner I would have commented sooner that my experience here has been almost exclusively positive and rewarding.  I have learned so much from the Motorola employees, the MotoXprts, and the forum members over time, and the ability to get advice and tips from people using the device every day is invaluable.

To all who get paid for being here, you deserve a raise!  A big one!

For those who volunteer their time and efforts, how do we ever thank you enough!

View original

I missed it too - but welcome back Mark and a hearty thanks to all (seen and unseen) for making the forums and the MFN experience so worthwhile.

And a big + 1 for commentary the lady I quoted posted above.

What's DOS?

I would just like to say that the motoractv product is a heap of rubbish and the support I have got from Motorola even worse.  I bought my motoractv 8 months a go.  I run, I sweat and once just once I got caught in a rain shower and quickly stuck my motoractv under my shirt. Now I have a big black spot on it.  I live in Brunei so took it back to the shop who told me their suppliers can do nothing!  They have no idea what to do with it.  So I 'chatted' with Motorola usa online who said 'oh there is no support in Brunei' (go figure) and gave me the website to contact Motorola.  I have done this 3 times and it just goes around in circles. I send an email it comes back with an 'update my information' email so I update and it comes back again the same.

What a load of crap.  I want to talk to a human being who can tell me what I can do from Brunei to get it fixed?  Can it be fixed?  How much will it cost? And if it is even  possible to fix it?

I would also like to know why Motorola sell a product for sport i.e. outside where people sweat that cannot cope with the slightest drop of water? I will never buy Motorola again.

Bit Torrent

Lainy1 - I'm sorry you've had such a poor experience.

You'll find the MotoACTV community in the Motorola Owner's Forums here: https://forums.motorola.com/hives/db0dbff05b/summary

The support page for MotoACTV is here: https://motorola-mobility-en-xp.custhelp.com/app/product_page/faqs/p/1422,8199,8200

The contact information for support in your part of the world can be found here: 

https://motorola-mobility-en-xp.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/p/1422,8199,8200//#/service

Vietnam

Mobile Phones, Tablets and Accessories: 1-900-558844

Cordless Phones: (60) 3 92862888

Thứ hai - Thứ sáu: 8:30-5:30

Thứ bảy: 8:30-12:00

Don't have time to call? Send us an email.

Need your phone repaired? Find an authorized repair centre.

What's DOS?

Hey Matt, 

Thanks for the welcome. 

I have a Photon 4G that prompted with "Sorry! The process.com.motorola.service.main has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

I found that to de-select calendar in my corporate e-mail account syncs resolved this from appearing.

I kept calendar selected in my Google email sync.

Sorry for posting here, but I wasn't sure where to post, and I hadn't seen any related posts that were recently dated.

I just wanted to pass this along since it had bugged my phone for quite awhile.

Kind regards,

JPIII

Bit Torrent

JPIII - the community you're looking for (Photon 4G) can be found here: https://forums.motorola.com/hives/c36b49d63e/summary

What's DOS?

With reference to the links you gave me. Tthe support page tells me that my
motoractv is water resistant for rain and sweat yet mine has a large black
dot when all it has been exposed to is sweat. It invites me to send an
email which I have done numerous times and still I have not heard from a
human being by email. The support in my area is Vietnam and includes a
free phone number - I am not in Vietnam and so dialing this number will not
work. Can you come up with a sensible suggestion as to how I can speak to
someone about the fact that my motoractv was obviously not water resistant
and exactly what I can do about it.
Bit Torrent

I'm very sorry... your forums profile lists your country as Vietnam. Based on that, I provided the support information for that country.

I do want to note that water resistant is not the same as waterproof. It can be susceptible to water damage.

In the Asia Pacific region, we have support available in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. The phone numbers for all of those are available here: https://motorola-mobility-en-xp.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/p/1422,8199,8200//#/service

We also have Repair/Service Centers available in Singapore, Malaysia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam. The contact details for all of these Asia Pacific repair centers can be found here: https://motorola-mobility-en-xp.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/653259/1373302866/redirect/1/filename/MA...

I hope that helps.

What's DOS?
Thank you for the links and I will contact a repair centre in Singapore but
that does not really address my issue. I would like to communicate with
someone who can tell me how Motorola can sell a product that is not fit for
the purpose. My Motoractv has never got wet beyond sweat. If it cannot
handle sweat them why is it being sold as a sports watch. I am not alone.
The internet is full of comments about water damaged motoractv that have
simple got sweaty and nothing else. I want to contact someone who deals
with serious complaints.
What's DOS?
Thanks so much guys for all your help. My maxx hd is work is working very well. There is a great deal of knowledge on this forum.
What's DOS?

how can I go back to the original stock firmware on my ATRIX 4G, please help me.

I've read on androidcentral forum this text:

Motorola has issued a way to return your Atrix back to the stock firmware. So if your hassling around and doing a little trickery (might I add), you can be safe to know there is an official way of returning your beloved Atrix back to the OEM Factory Software. Whats good about this is you dont have to worry about attempting to flash the sbf file. Moto has provided this for you. Head on over to Motorolas Forums and follow the link that they have to offer.

Moto Sr Moderator

maaac said:

how can I go back to the original stock firmware on my ATRIX 4G, please help me.

Motorola has issued a way to return your Atrix back to the stock firmware. So if your hassling around and doing a little trickery (might I add), you can be safe to know there is an official way of returning your beloved Atrix back to the OEM Factory Software. Whats good about this is you dont have to worry about attempting to flash the sbf file. Moto has provided this for you. Head on over to Motorolas Forums and follow the link that they have to offer.

View original

Those posts are from 2011.  I'm not a registered user of that forum so I can't see the link to see if it's still active.  Sorry.

Bit Torrent

maaac said:

View original

The Atrix 4G with MotoBlur community is here: https://forums.motorola.com/hives/a3f29dc0f5/summary

However, you're not likely to find what you're looking for, since (as crystallet noted) the post you're looking for is 3 years old.

What's DOS?

Its nice to see the MOTO G LTE version mobile in a very affordable price.

But I feel that the mobile should have a 2 GB RAM in it for its better performance since the memory is according to the users choice and it should also have an option of Dual SIM in it.

Punch Card
Hi Mark

These are ISSUES IN My MOTO G

My moto g is a dual sim Indian version running KitKat 4.4.2
these are my issues
1)when using both Sims one in 3g another in 2g(by default) mode the signal of the sim which is using 3g data drops frequently and I'm unable to access the data. However if I disable the 2gsim then the 3 g signal holds and now I can access the data. It seems that the network ic is unable to provide required power for both sim functioning. (I guess)
2) when I use both sim in 2g only mode everything's going well.
3)When calling someone sometimes it happens that the call is getting connected also the call duration starts ticking but I cannot hear call receiver's voice and the call charge also been cut from my account. This issue remains until I reboot the phone. After rebooting everything works well but if I face it again I have to reboot it again.
4) Reboots itself at least once in a day although this one can be digested but not 1 and 3 above.
I have done factory reset twice as per your customer care advice and nothing has changed. Please do the needful to correct these I'm facing these issues for the last three months. Writing this to you only after checking these issues extensively through swapping different sims of best 3g service providers in my area.
What's DOS?

Is there going to be fix to all the issues that KitKat has given the end user?  I know that I am not the only one who hates this downgrade.  I need to be able to connect to my wifi and my bluetooth at the same time.  I really miss the swype keyboard,  I need the mute button back on my home screen.  I would prefer the colors return as they were.  The alpha letters in the contact list were very helpful when searching through hundreds  of contacts.  I would gladly give up the stupid emoticons, that are worthless anyway if they will fix all the problems. 

What's DOS?

Hello...  I'm new to the Moto X blog... or any blog for that matter :-)

I have a question about the photo gallery on the Moto X,   is there some why you can create folders to put your pictures into for a quicker viewing instead of swiping them one by one?

Thanks for any help

Bit Torrent

@Luella - Not with the default Motorola Gallery app, but there are other apps you can download from the Google Play Store if you are looking for more functionality. Smiley Happy

What's DOS?

hi this is jey from india..

sir this my moto g water damage story an di need a big help from you…

me and ma frnd want to check ma mobile is really water replicant r not.. so that we put ma moto g into cup of water for 5 r 10 seconds with ON condition.. after that water test ma mobile was still can ON.. but after that one hour ma moto g does not respond for touch.. yes ma mobile had a touch problem now..

but even ma mobile can ON and can Charge without prob.. and also get calls and other notifications… even i can attend a call thorough head phone…

so that i want to repair ma moto g.. i was also took ma mobile to a motorola service center for repair.. but service center man said we do not have permission to take your mobile for repair… and also they said your phone logic board was problem.. so that i confused a lot..

but after that i was also test ma mobile in local services center but that man told to me not board problem ..the problem was your touch screen circuit was fried..

what can i do now???

can i order manually moto g touch screen with digitizer assembly??? then goto local service cenetr???

or visit another motorola service center?????

and also ma mobile was dried well with 48 hours of rice bag and normal sun light sir.. that incident was happened before one month ago

but still ma mobile working well

Bit Torrent

@jey - Unfortunately, a phone with liquid damage really isn't repairable, because there's no way of telling what tiny crevices and crannies the liquid may have seeped into, and even if some components are working perfectly fine now, corrosion may occur at any time. Your best option would be to buy a replacement.

Folks, please understand, water resistant does NOT mean waterproof! It's meant to help protect your device from a brief splash or spill, but it's not meant for full immersion -despite what you may have seen on YouTube. If you dunk your phone deliberately, you do so at your own risk.

What's DOS?

POR FAVOR ME PODRIAN DECIR POR QUE MI CELULAR RAZRD3 NO ENCIENDE MAS SE GASTO SU BATERIA Y LO PUSE A CARGAR LUEGO VERIFIQUE SI HABIA CARGADO LO QUISE ENCENDER Y ESTABA MUERTO, LO ENCHUFE NUEVAMENTE AL CARGADOR Y SOLO ENCIENDE LA LUZ LED VERDE PERO NO REACCIONA Q DEBO HACER HACE 6 MESES Q LO TENGO.SEGUI INSTRUCCIONES DE MOTOROLA PERO NO LOGRE ENCENDERLO

What's DOS?

POR FAVOR ME PODRIAN DECIR POR QUE MI CELULAR RAZRD3 NO ENCIENDE MAS SE GASTO SU BATERIA Y LO PUSE A CARGAR LUEGO VERIFIQUE SI HABIA CARGADO LO QUISE ENCENDER Y ESTABA MUERTO, LO ENCHUFE NUEVAMENTE AL CARGADOR Y SOLO ENCIENDE LA LUZ LED VERDE PERO NO REACCIONA Q DEBO HACER HACE 6 MESES Q LO TENGO.SEGUI INSTRUCCIONES DE MOTOROLA PERO NO LOGRE ENCENDERLO

Bit Torrent

Por favor, póngase en contacto con el apoyo local para la asistencia: http://www.motorola.com/sites/country-selector/index.html (a través de Google Translate).

What's DOS?

Hi, 

I have moto G, tried synchronising my office outlook but i was not successful. Please help me out, Incoming mail server working fine and i m receiving mails but when sending all mails are getting struck at outbox only. please help i tried all possibilities.

What's DOS?
hi i hv moto g (indian version) .i a havung a network related issue .its signal alternatly fluctuate b/w H+,E and 3G .it better work on H+ bt it remain only for short period of time. i hv idea connection with 2G data pack. please help me out to overcome fm dis prblm.
IMEI1-355004050546251
IMEI2-355004050551251
model-AP3235AE7K8
never reaet this phone..
BG
What's DOS?

I just want to post a question in the forums. How do I do that?

Moto Emeritus
@AmitN and 10gaurav Hi this thread is not a place to ask questions. Please post device related questions in your device community.

@BG
Ask here X community

Mark
What's DOS?

I just wanted to say hello and that I am looking forward to updating my Ultra in the coming weeks. The Kit Katt update was a bit of a letdown for me, it added some spiffy new features but absolutely killed my battery life. Here's to seeing if we can't fix that. Half the reason I bought the Ultra was for a good days' worth of battery. I was able to live that dream for a couple months and then, "poof!" KK stole it. I want it back!

What's DOS?

Hi Matt,

I bought Moto E a month back. Scratches has started on the screen. Do I get a replacement or can the scratches be removed.

Thanks in advance

Keshav 

DPP
What's DOS?

I am hoping someone here can assist me. I ordered a Moto G for my father and when it arrived, I noticed it did not have an SD card slot. After chatting with support, I decided to return it. Motorola received the device almost a month ago. Despite several chats and phone calls to Order Admin Dept, I have still not received my refund.Every time I talk to them I am told that the refund will arrive by the following Friday. Friday comes and no refund.The last person I talked with in order admin had a very "it is what it is" attitude. . Basically saying that there is no guaranty as to when the refund will be made. When I asked for contact info for escalation, she said there is no other contact info. Only her department can handle this.

This is a sincere request to the folks from Motorola on this board. How do I get the contact info for the Executive team?

Bit Torrent

@DPP -- I'll take a look and escalate this up for you. Please send me a PM with your contact details, and your reference number if you have it. 

DPP
What's DOS?

I sent you a PM with the requested information.

Thanks

DPP

What's DOS?

Hi Matt,

I am from India and my MOTO X screen has been broken and when i tried to contact the Delhi repair center, they confirmed that repair charges would be 13000 INR. After few minutes i called them again just the confirm if the price is right and then i was told it is 500 INR. Then third time again i called at same number and this time the cost was told me was 10000 INR. i think the customer care people are playing with users an dont want to provide any service to India users.

Although i have been told that MOTOROLA offers first screen replacement (damage) free for under warranty MOTO X.

I have been trying to reach someone in MOTO customer care, but got no proper response. Its bizarre that such a reputed company doesnt provide services to their clients.

Regards,

Neha Jain

DPP
What's DOS?

Wendy_W said:

@DPP -- I'll take a look and escalate this up for you. Please send me a PM with your contact details, and your reference number if you have it. 

View original

Wendy,

Can you please confirm you have received the requested information?

Thanks

DPP

Bit Torrent

nehaj said:

I am from India and my MOTO X screen has been broken and when i tried to contact the Delhi repair center, they confirmed that repair charges would be 13000 INR. After few minutes i called them again just the confirm if the price is right and then i was told it is 500 INR. Then third time again i called at same number and this time the cost was told me was 10000 INR. i think the customer care people are playing with users an dont want to provide any service to India users.

Although i have been told that MOTOROLA offers first screen replacement (damage) free for under warranty MOTO X.

I have been trying to reach someone in MOTO customer care, but got no proper response. Its bizarre that such a reputed company doesnt provide services to their clients.

Are you calling the Motorola support line, or the Motorola Authorized Service Centre? 

Contact information for Motorola Support for India can be found here, and contact information for the service centres can be found here.

Also, the rumor you've heard about free screen repairs is not true. That is in no way an official Motorola policy. A broken screen is considered physical damage and there is a cost to repair it.

Finally, please post in the Moto X Community if you have any further questions or concerns, not in the blog post comments. Thanks!

Wendy W

What's DOS?
I am calling the moto authorized center. If their is cost to repair, how much is the correct cost. if its 6000 or 13000 INR...then what is use of getting it repaired.the phone doesn't cost this much.that I gt it repaired too costly...its better to have iPhone or Samsung alteast they serve their customer.
Moto Sr Moderator
Does either of them offer free screen replacement? I don't know what currency your using but here in the US the cost for a glass replacement is much less than buying a new phone. Each Country has different prices and rules. 
Top Kudoed Posts