cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What's in Android 6.0?
Motorola Admin

With the official release of Android 6.0, the Internet is rich with reports of new Android M features. As usual with Android, the announced features address both the broad (battery life) and narrow (support for creating and performing music). Time will tell which features stand the test of time and which do not.

Motorola has released a list of phones that will get the update to Android 6.0 and it's posted here. Phones not on the list may still be on the radar for updates containing bug fixes, security patches and updates to Lollipop, but won't move beyond Lollipop.

We're going to be testing M soon, but in the meantime, we are not above shamelessly feasting on information we've found elsewhere, as we work on adapting it for Motorola devices. 

So far, the best resource I've found is Google's own site for Android 6.0. It runs through the major features with particular focus on Doze (better battery life), On Tap (get relevant information on-demand and fast) more control over security and app permissions. Be sure to click the "All Features" menu on the right to get information on additional features.

Other articles we like, from a little information to TMI:

What changes in Android 6.0 are you most interested in?

Want to comment? Click here.

191 Comments
Punch Card

Lance06 mencionada:

Soak test is released on quarter or half of the lucky people registered in MFN. It doesn't matter which country receives first. Hope I provided you the correct information.Visualizar o original

Thanks Lance06

What's DOS?

Bom desempenho da bateria, espero q funcione realmente.

What's DOS?
how do I participate ?
What's DOS?

Can't wait!!!

What's DOS?
@wagnerp2 From here: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775
What's DOS?

I hope you're better than Lollipop.

What's DOS?
Eu quero participar do motorola feedback network
What's DOS?

Verlan said:

Bom desempenho da bateria, espero q funcione realmente.

View original

Também estou esperando um melhor desempenho da bateria. outra coisa espero que resolvam o problema de aquecimento do aparelho.

What's DOS?

Alguém sabe dizer o que é essa negocio azul que apareceu entre o nome é o ícone de pontos?

Percebi que não são todos que tem.

Paper Tape
É como uma marcação que determina sua participação. Varia as vezes.
Tenho bastante esperança que o Dooze consiga fazer uma excelente melhoria na bateria.
What's DOS?

JonasX said:

É como uma marcação que determina sua participação. Varia as vezes. Tenho bastante esperança que o Dooze consiga fazer uma excelente melhoria na bateria.View original

hum... legal... eu estou com mta esperança nesse Doze, tomará que ele consigo melhorar a bateria e o problema de aquecimento.

Bit Torrent

lafapereira said:

Alguém sabe dizer o que é essa negocio azul que apareceu entre o nome é o ícone de pontos?

Percebi que não são todos que tem.

View original

The blue icon indicates that the user has participated in a MFN test event.

SCSI Port

Na expectativa do evento de testes MFN, já que participei no anterior.

What's DOS?

I have the Moto X 2014 saw which will be available via SOKA, as I find and how to install it?

What's DOS?
I think that you get an email IF you're invited to participate in the test.
I'd love to join in as well :)
Paper Tape
Ansioso aqui o/
Espero diversas melhorias mas as principais relacionadas a bateria.
Fanfold Paper

Hi Matt,

I checked the VZW site and apparently my Droid MAXX is not voLTE capable. Is this going to change? The info is confusing re: upgrade for the MAXX to Marshmallow; will it possibly receive that upgrade?

Thank you so much for the evaluation invite,

Michael

Moto Sr Moderator

LA_Canuck said:

Hi Matt,

I checked the VZW site and apparently my Droid MAXX is not voLTE capable. Is this going to change? The info is confusing re: upgrade for the MAXX to Marshmallow; will it possibly receive that upgrade?

Thank you so much for the evaluation invite,

Michael

View original

The Maxx will not get Marshmallow. Lollipop will be the last upgrade for the phone. There is always a possibility that an update will come through, but that will only be for bug fixes or security problems. Sorry. Hope this helps.

Punch Card

Bastante ansioso para ver o doze funcionando.

Paper Tape

RPerees said:

View original

Também, ainda mais que vai ser uma excelente melhoria para o rendimento de bateria do Moto x²

Punch Card

JonasX said:

RPerees said:

View original

Também, ainda mais que vai ser uma excelente melhoria para o rendimento de bateria do Moto x²

View original

Recebi o e-mail do Matt Jones mais quando clico no link dentro do e-mail para logar do fórum recebo a msg 

aconteceu isso com você também?

403: Permission Denied

Sorry, you don't have permission to see that page. You can click back in your browser or go the home page.

If you believe you should have access to this page. Please log out and back in to try again.

You can also check out our Login Tips & Tricks

Paper Tape

RPerees said:

JonasX said:

RPerees said:

View original

View original

Recebi o e-mail do Matt Jones mais quando clico no link dentro do e-mail para logar do fórum recebo a msg 

Sorry, you don't have permission to see that page. You can click back in your browser or go the home page.

If you believe you should have access to this page. Please log out and back in to try again.

View original

Sim, acho que estamos todos com o mesmo problema, uma questão de tempo para resolverem, até se manifestarem ficamos no aguardo aqui no fórum amigo.

Punch Card

JonasX said:

RPerees said:

JonasX said:

RPerees said:

View original

View original

View original

Sim, acho que estamos todos com o mesmo problema, uma questão de tempo para resolverem, até se manifestarem ficamos no aguardo aqui no fórum amigo.

View original

Achei que fosse só comigo.

Obrigado por ter respondido.

Vamos Aguarda Smiley Happy

What's DOS?
A espera do android 6.0 Smiley Happy
What's DOS?
I'm very excitated.
Hopefuly some bugs like random sim innactive issue, battery improvements, bluetooth unstable fix will gone.
So come one marshmallow.
What's DOS?

RPerees said:

JonasX said:

RPerees said:

JonasX said:

RPerees said:

View original

View original

View original

View original

Achei que fosse só comigo.

Obrigado por ter respondido.

Vamos Aguarda Smiley Happy

View original

Pra mim funcionou normal, respondi ao survey até o final.

What's DOS?

SohailHusen said:

Will Moto G(2nd Gen) XT1068 Moto G(2nd Gen) LTE XT1072 will directly receive Android 6.0?

Moto G(2nd Gen) is currently having Android Lolipop 5.0.2

Will this device get Android 5.1 Update or direclty get Android 6.0?

View original

I think we will not receive 5.1.

We will directly to 6.0, I hope.

What's DOS?

Exited and waiting for the 6 update !!!

Paper Tape
Hi Matt, along with Android marshmallow, the update should also consist the Moto app for Moto G 2nd gen users i.e. XT1068..
What's DOS?
@Gajjar-94 Those Moto Apps are hardware features, not software features. Hence Moto G 2nd gen won't be having Moto apps in Marshmallow.
What's DOS?

Motoz said:

I seriously doubt the Moto G 1st gen 4G LTE (xt1039) will get Android 6.0 even though it's only just over one year old and has essentially the same specs as the 2nd gen G 4G LTE, due to the fact Motorola haven't even released 5.1.1 to it yet.

Androidheadlines have said "They made clear that this is a preliminary list, so some things might change." They should update it but probably won't, IMO frown

View original

We will not receive 5.1.1 we´ll get 6.0.

802.11n

Matt, any chance you could confirm whether Moto G 2nd Gen has Doze capability or not?

Thanks in advance.

Moto Sr Moderator

Sri2702 said:

Matt, any chance you could confirm whether Moto G 2nd Gen has Doze capability or not?

Thanks in advance.

View original

This is a function of M - why the question? I doubt motorola could pull out a piece that is that integrated into the OS. 

802.11n

AlphaDog said:

Sri2702 said:

Thanks in advance.

View original

This is a function of M - why the question? I doubt motorola could pull out a piece that is that integrated into the OS. 

View original

Well, the thing is someone on Google Plus has been saying that Moto G 2014's hardware doesn't support Doze mode. So, I was wondering if Matt could be able to chip in.

Moto Sr Moderator

You should know Matt won't comment on software until it is released. And what is said on the Internet is not always true. 

Moto Sr Moderator
What's DOS?
Moto X Play Android Marshmallow Release date

Not applicable

Spam removed

What's DOS?

Cuando Se actualizara el Motorola G3 a Android 6???........

When the Motorola G3 will be updated to Android 6 ?????

Paper Tape
Waiting for the OTA!!!!
Paper Tape

Very happy to see Android 6.0 Marshmallow on my Moto X Style in 45 days after I purchased the device. Waiting and Hoping to get Nougat Soon. Check out how to make windows computer faster

Top Kudoed Posts