08-25-2017

US

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 1 of 2

Nexus 6 overheating

2017-08-25, 1:07 AM

I got this Nexus 6 as a replacement to my broken Nexus 6 in June 2016. It had worked well till recently. I didn't do anything on it and nothing happened on it, but it started overheating very much. If I keep the screen on, it would overheat. If I keep the screen off like just turn on the music, it wouldn't. I tried to drop many apps but it didn't help. 

I tried the online repair request but it did allow me to submit it if I chose "in warranty" (I thought it was just 1 year since I got it). If I chose out of warranty, it asked me to pay $85 plus tax. But the phone works ok except overheating. I wonder if there is any way to fix the overheating problem? Can anyone help on this? Thanks.

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1406 Signins

8895 Page Views

• Views: 8895
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Nexus 6 overheating

2017-08-25, 1:22 AM

Could be a few things causing this.

First check the battery settings and look at the cell graph. Is there a lot of red and yellow meaning weak signal.

Also what apps are shown as being used. You could post a screen shot of it here too. Based on the phone signal, if it's bad it could just be a old sim card.

The next thing would be to run the phone in safe mode to see if a rouge app is causing it.

Last resort would be a factory reset.

I still use my N6 years after I got it at launch. It's an old phone but a great phone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete