Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto PhonesNEXUS 6
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

09-25-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 21 of 32

Re: incoming!!

2015-05-29, 15:06 PM

plumber75 said:

fredzimm said:

I've got a Moto version on VZW, and I pulled the SIM earlier today and got the 5.1.1 OTA update that way.  Took a bit of doing to reenable Advanced Calling, I basically had to remove the feature from my VZW account, reestablish it, and reboot the phone.  The toggle setting for Enhanced LTE came back after that.  So far 47Z is running pretty well.  I'm a little concerned about battery life but I have been playing with the phone a lot today.

View original

Can you describe in a little more detail the process. Do you mean you have a Verizon brand N6 or you are on Verizon network with an unlocked phone from Moto or Google? Did you do a factory reset? Thanks Jim

View original

I bought the phone from Motorola, using it on VZW.  (Not exclusively, but that's another story.)  Phone was on 47D, and when I pulled the SIM card, the phone pulled the 47Z OTA.  After the upgrade, Enhanced LTE was missing from the phone settings, even though Advanced Calling showed as enabled on both the VZW app and website.  So I turned off Advanced Calling via the website, reenabled it, rebooted the phone, and the Enhanced LTE setting reappeared.  No factory reset.  So far, so good.  The phone still shows as "Non VZW Nexus 6."

Options

46 Posts

10-29-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 22 of 32

2015-05-30, 16:31 PM
I got the update also. I'm also on Verizon and purchased my Nexus 6 directly from Motorola. Everything seems to be working correctly but I don't have VOLTE anymore. I tried what others were saying. I removed it from my account and then added it back on. Then I rebooted the phone. Still no option to turn it back on. This morning I went back to the Verizon site and took it back off and then waited until it skewed that it was gone. I then went back and added it again and waited for it to show that it was attached to my account. Then rebooted and still nothing. I also tried clearing cache from the recovery menu. Still no luck. Any suggestions?
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 23 of 32

2015-05-31, 1:49 AM

cobra_venom said:

I got the update also. I'm also on Verizon and purchased my Nexus 6 directly from Motorola. Everything seems to be working correctly but I don't have VOLTE anymore. I tried what others were saying. I removed it from my account and then added it back on. Then I rebooted the phone. Still no option to turn it back on. This morning I went back to the Verizon site and took it back off and then waited until it skewed that it was gone. I then went back and added it again and waited for it to show that it was attached to my account. Then rebooted and still nothing. I also tried clearing cache from the recovery menu. Still no luck. Any suggestions?View original

This has happened to me as well. You will need to call Verizon. They can walk you through it and fix what is wrong on their end at the same time. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

24 Posts

02-15-2015

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 24 of 32

2015-06-01, 1:09 AM

Anyone try this on AT&T? I pulled my sim to get 5.1 I wonder if I can get 5.1.1 this way?

Options

677 Posts

12-04-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 25 of 32

2015-06-01, 3:21 AM
Everything is running pretty much the same. Battery life is the same. Not bad but not great. Just good. I don't know if it means anything but, I didn't have to pull my Sim Card to get the update.
Options

1485 Posts

08-11-2013

United States of America

694 Signins

8363 Page Views

• Views: 8363
  • Message 26 of 32

2015-06-01, 4:04 AM

Matt2012 said:

Ah. I'm on the "E" build that came with my N6 from Verizon. Don't know if there will be a Verizon only build, or if they will even update to 5.1.1 from the "E" build. Lame

View original

Also have the "E" build, and the Nexus was running it out of the box. Not sure I understand why the upgrade path would be different for Verizon customers depending on whether the phone was purchased directly from Verizon or purchased elsewhere and running with a Verizon sim. Maybe someone could enlighten me on that issue?

Options

46 Posts

10-29-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 27 of 32

2015-06-02, 17:56 PM
@joelbon Still no luck with getting advanced calling working. Called Verizon this morning. Tried several things including removing and adding from their site. Rebooted and still nothing. They said they don't have anything else to try other than FDR. I was trying to avoid doing that but looks like that's the only option left to try.
Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

United States of America

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 28 of 32

2015-06-03, 2:54 AM

cobra_venom said:

@joelbon Still no luck with getting advanced calling working. Called Verizon this morning. Tried several things including removing and adding from their site. Rebooted and still nothing. They said they don't have anything else to try other than FDR. I was trying to avoid doing that but looks like that's the only option left to try.View original

That's too bad. I know that an FDR can be a bit of a pain, but if the end result is that you are running correctly then so be it. Hope it goes quick and smooth for you.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

20039 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2557 Signins

64538 Page Views

• Views: 64538
  • Message 29 of 32

2015-06-03, 15:03 PM

I would not expect these features to work until the Verizon version of 5.1.1 is released. I'm surprised fredzimm was able to get it to work -- did you make any under-the-hood adjustments to enable it?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

164 Posts

12-15-2014

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 30 of 32

2015-06-03, 15:17 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

I would not expect these features to work until the Verizon version of 5.1.1 is released. I'm surprised fredzimm was able to get it to work -- did you make any under-the-hood adjustments to enable it?

View original

Matt- Before my Motorola purchased N6 was ever on VZW, I got 5.1 over wifi.  I then put my VZW sim in and it's been working fine. Mine is version D. Will I need to pull my sim to get 5.1.1 over wifi or will it come from Verizon?  My online VZW account has my device listed as "Nexus 6 non-VZW".  Also, it is completely stock out of the box. Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms