Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmilazzo
Paper Tape
Views: 265
Message 1 of 4

NE10032 vLAG and VRRP

Hi, 

I have two NE10032 (CNOS 10.10) correctly configured with vLAG. The ISL was established using the last two 100 Gbps ports of the switch, another two 100Gbps ports (in vLAG) are used to connect to the HA Router and other two 100Gbps port are used to connet to the server infrastructure. All the test performed about the functionality of the vLAG are passed without issue. 

Now we need enable VRRP on the same Switch. In the Administration Guide I see an example confiugration that describe step by step the configuration. But I have some questions:

- The ISL can also be used by VRRP or I need to configure new links between the Switches?

- I read the need to configure an interface as "no switching" to enable L3 functions. Where this interface must be cabled? between the two switches? or can be leaved unused?

- Could someone help me to understand how cabling the system?

Is clear the part of configure an VRRP IP address for any VLAN ( up to 255 VRRP IDs)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lenovo Employee JVOSS2
Lenovo Employee
Views: 244
Message 2 of 4

Re: NE10032 vLAG and VRRP

Hello Dmilazzo,

Welcome to the community!

VRRP needs a L2 path between the master and backup. The ISL can be used for this. You do not need to use a routing interface to achieve routing on the switch. You can add an ip address to the vlan interface and then apply the same vrrp config from within the interface:

interface Vlan100
no switchport
ip address 20.20.20.2/24
vrrp 1
address 20.20.20.1

From there apply the rest of the steps in the documentation to apply a priority and enable vrrp.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Dmilazzo
Paper Tape
Views: 228
Message 3 of 4

Hi JVOSS2,

thank you very much for having clarified my doubts.

Have a nice day

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee JVOSS2
Lenovo Employee
Views: 209
Message 4 of 4

No problem Dmilazzo, glad I could help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals