English Community

Lenovo TabletsOther Android based Tablets and Phablets Knowledge Base

Can't switch on K1 Tablet

Question

When I switched on the tablet earlier this evening, the battery showed it was still 38% power in it.

When I can back half an hour later, the tablet was off and I can't switch it on. Even after plugging in the power connection, there was no indication that it's even charging. When I plugged in the USB cable, my laptop doesn't even register the tablet when it used to.

I've only gotten this for a week and it's not working anymore.

Answer

Firstly, you must be aware that if the battery level dropped to 3%, K1 forces a shut down.

To fix this, you may want to try:

1. Plug in the AC Adapter and let it recharges
  2. After 5 minutes, hold down the power button for 6 seconds to force a system shutdown.
  3. Then hold down the power button again for another 2-3 seconds to power up the tablet.

Otherwise call for support.

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

Glueboy On 2012-03-17, 13:08 PM

My problem is that when I press the power button,the Lenovo logo comes on and then the nvidia logo,but then this repeats as if its trying to boot up. Have let the tablet battery fall to zero and recharged,but the same problem. Now having trouble with Amazon getting a replacement unit or a refund. The Tablet was purchased in Dec 2011,not even 4 months old.

jhanbudz On 2012-09-01, 18:56 PM

is it safe, if i do the factory setting reset on my k1 tab? can i get back the pre installed Document to go? and one more thing some of the pre installed app is force close, what will i do? 

FrankXi On 2015-04-17, 16:03 PM

I have a problem with switching on the K1 too. When I press the power on button for 3 to 4 seconds, the lenovo start up screen appears, then the NViDIA TEGRA screen, then the music. After this it goes back to the lenovo start up screen, the NVIDEA TEGRA screen, the music and then the whole process repeats itself over and over again without any further progress. How can I get this thing to work normally again? Your help is much appreciated. 

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Delete