SK

32577 Signins

1204030 Page Views

• Views: 1204030
  • Message 1 of 4

Announcement - Linux Category

2019-04-01, 12:37 PM

Hello All,

You may have noticed that a new Linux Category has appeared in Community which has, not only this board, but also dedicated boards for; RHEL, Ubuntu and Debian Linux operating systems. Please feel free to consider posting your new topic, after reading the Welcome notice in the new board, and if you feel your topic doesn't belong in that board by all means post it in this one.

Please do not duplicate topics from this discussion board in the new discussion boards but rather request your topic be moved, this will include any responses, to the new board.

Feel free to post questions only about the new boards or move requests in this topic and we will do our best to answer or fulfill your request soonest.

Edit; I almost forgot, we also created a vanity URL for the Linux OS category; https://forums.lenovo.com/linux and don't forget to expand the See Full Board List to do just that.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

68 Posts

10-20-2018

CA

367 Signins

1237 Page Views

• Views: 1237
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Announcement - Linux Category

2019-08-26, 16:25 PM

I feel that this category should just be called "Other OS." This way, we could have a "General OS Discussion" subforum to discuss Unix and other systems (BSD, QNX, Mac OS, Solaris...)

This is one thing I don't like about GNU/Linux. It pays no mind to being conflated with the Unix architecture it is based on. The phrase "...Not Unix" now seems like a slight against the real pioneers of the architecture.

Ironically, "FOSS" insists on notifying users that it is based on other people's work.

Options

57 Posts

03-28-2018

GB

87 Signins

605 Page Views

• Views: 605
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-01-23, 4:53 AM

Hello! What is a '"vanity" URL', please? Also, that URL does not take me where I expected it to, namely to https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Other-Linux-Discussions/bd-p/Special_Interest_Linux. But perhaps I misread your post.

Options

29 Posts

12-30-2016

AU

48 Signins

491 Page Views

• Views: 491
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-02-20, 21:26 PM

Well that's awesome :) These forums were already quite a good source of thinkpad-specific linux information, and now they'll be better.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete