Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,679
Message 1 of 6

High brightness at startup in T430

Hi everybody, I tried to set the brightness in the lower level at startup before to start the operating system but I can´t set this in the bios like in ThinkPad T61 in the option power or display. I use Debian Squeeze and Wheezy. Thank you if somebody can help me.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,660
Message 2 of 6

Re: High brightness at startup in T430

Try this.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T510-screen-automatically-dims-and-brighten...

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
rkon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,602
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your answer ExJamJus, but i can´t use that solution in Debian or other GNU/Linux distro because the Lenovo software is only available for windows and install or use this one, is not the better solution for me. Recently I have programmed a script with the following contents in the /etc/rc.local to try to solve this problem:

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.
echo "30" > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness;
exit 0

But it failed to reduce the brightness on the first screen where it leaves the computer manufacturer's name (Lenovo ThinkPad first screen), or GRUB, or when the system begins to load before entering the desktop session, or adding the script to /etc/init.d/, so I ask you please How can I add a script, run a command when the kernel is booting, or what I need to do to start the brightness in the lower level since this is very uncomfortable and spends more battery energy. Thank you.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,580
Message 4 of 6

Oh noes .... I am unable to assist you as I am not well versed in Debian or Linux. Would need to wait for a Debian or Linux expert to assist you on it. Were you able to find anything on Google?

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
rkon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,554
Message 5 of 6

Hi. Yes, I was looking for information during these days, but I only  found the link of this topic writing "high brightness thinkpad t430" and before nothing related to this.

rkon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,354
Message 6 of 6

Hi. I already asked help in Debian, but they told me that the problem with the brightness it is cause of Lenovo and not of the kernel or Operating System ( Debian GNU/Linux) Can someone of you help me bringing me an official email of Lenovo personal for send them a complaint please?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors