Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsOther Linux Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

07-13-2011

Bremen, Germany

54 Signins

404 Page Views

• Views: 404
  • Message 1 of 2

Howto: Lenovo UltraNav™ Mulitouch TouchPad gestures/swiping in Ubuntu 11.04 with Unity desktop

2011-07-16, 13:18 PM

Hello all,

My Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 13 comes with a UltraNav™ Mulitouch TouchPad and the current Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal supports multitouch gestures out of the box , supposedly. Well, at least not for me and I am trying to figure out how to get it to work, as it would be a really nice feature IMHO. So far, I have been able to confirm that gestures are being recognized by running ginn in the shell and performing some gestures like 2 finger swiping, 3 finger pinching, 4 finger tapping. So far so good. Now I would like to see this working with Unity, I just haven't figured out how.

If you know how, please help me and others reading this thread with some information.

Being able to bind multitouch gestures within CompizConfig would be a dream come true, but I don't see that coming quickly.

Regards,

Schmoove

Options

2827 Posts

02-23-2008

United States of America

10663 Signins

147393 Page Views

• Views: 147393
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Howto: Lenovo UltraNav™ Mulitouch TouchPad gestures/swiping in Ubuntu 11.04 with Unity desktop

2011-07-17, 14:45 PM
You need to install a few. Packages in order for it run did you check ubuntu forums?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms