Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
static_char
Fanfold Paper
Views: 377
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Ideapad 330-14AST + Debian a story of success

Hey everyone,

Finaly I have successfully installed Debian "Buster" Linux on my new Lenovo 330-14AST. It was a bit tricky and I spent about 3 days but now i have this thing working. Wants to share my experience with a communtiy, so (note it requires some experience with debian):

1. Installation came from Debian Stretch (Debian 9) DVD non-free. Installed a very base version (no Desktop Environment, only basic utilities and sshd). After reboot i got a black screen. It can be fixed with passing a "nomodeset" parameter to a kernel (first boot by modifying grub boot menu, after - /etc/default/grub). 

2. Noted no wifi adapters present in system. Wired was up but it was unusable. Solution came with ethtool (apt-get install ethtool Smiley Wink ), whcich tuned my wired connection to use 10Mbs and autoneg off.

3. With working wired connection I upgraded my Debian Stretch to Buster (still only base system, no DE). From this point I installed a kernel module for a wifi adapter (8821ce from git) and firmware-amd-graphics from repository (after this no need to keep nomodeset kernel paramete)

4. Installed xfce4+wicd, reboot. Tuned wifi to connect to a wireless network. 

Thats all for now. Hope this stuff can help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors