Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emersonivo
Paper Tape
Views: 4,465
Message 11 of 18

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 - Linux Support

Hi all,

I just installed Centos 7 beside my Windows 10 (I changed the SATA Controler to AHCI).

Centos installation worked fine, I had Centos and Windows Boot loader in the Grub menu, but when selection Windows Boot loader, it is not finding the Windows system to boot Smiley Sad

If I change the Sata configuration back, I have Grub, Windows boot OK, but Linux does not (grub starts looking for Linux boot system and fails).

Did somebody have the same issue?

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,443
Message 12 of 18

@Emersonivowrote:

I changed the SATA Controler to AHCI ... but when selection Windows Boot loader, it is not finding the Windows system to boot

Did you modify Windows to allow it to boot in AHCI mode?  See this page:

https://triplescomputers.com/blog/uncategorized/solution-switch-windows-10-from-raidide-to-ahci-oper...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Emersonivo
Paper Tape
Views: 4,388
Message 13 of 18

Thank you so much. Worked fine.

jokinen77
Paper Tape
Views: 2,216
Message 14 of 18

I have legion y520 with win10 and ubuntu 18.04 lts dual boot. I had hard block issue and then wifi dropping issue. I fixed wifi dropping issue by disabling wifi power manager:

sudo sed -i 's/wifi.powersave = 3/wifi.powersave = 2/' /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf

then rebooted. Now my wifi works fine if I don't use bluetooth devices because I noticed that wifi is still dropping if I have bluetooth speaker connected. Do anyone know fix for that?

thegreathypocr8
Paper Tape
Views: 2,070
Message 15 of 18

Hi

I also had some problems during the installation but I was able to solve it. My concern now is about the nerve sense. Is there support for nerve sense on ubuntu 18.04? Or if none, is there another software or another way to boost my fans on ubuntu?

Ferolego1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,748
Message 16 of 18

I hate a problém with installing Ubuntu 18.04. to my Lenovo legion, I wanted to boot IT but with no change

AlArgente
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,356
Message 17 of 18

Hi,

I'm trying to install Ubuntu18.04 or Ubuntu16.04 on my Lenovo Legion Y520, bus I can't install it.

I've been searching for problems, but people get problems after the installation and I'm getting problems during it.

The main problem is that suddenly it freezes, sometimes when I'm choosing my keyboard distribution, another

in the next step, but I can never get to the installation part, it freezes before. 

I've tried to install it with WiFi but it get locked, with WiFi on but not selecting any and it freezes when clicking continue,

and even I've turned off the WiFi card to try to install it, 'cause I saw people were having troubles with the WiFi getting 

hard-locked, and even tho I turned it off, it just let me select normal installation or minimal instalation (well, this just

happen if I can get to this phase).

Right now I don't know what to try, I've tried every configuration for BIOS that is recommended and instead I can't 

install it.

Hope you guys can help me.

Here I let you my actual configuration for my BIOS

BIOS3.PNGphoto_2018-10-30_16-18-22.jpgphoto_2018-10-30_16-18-29.jpg

AlArgente
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,313
Message 18 of 18

I just installed Ubuntu 18.04 on my Lenovo Legion Y520 after tons of tries, and what I had to do was:

- Install Ubuntu putting the Graphic Mode on UMA

- Once is installed I can restart the system and put Graphic Mode to Discrete

- Then before logging enter to command line interface

- Then follow the next steps:

- sudo apt install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop

- sudo apt install gnome

- sudo apt purge nvidia*

- sudo apt update

- sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall

- sudo apt full-upgrade

- reboot

After installing vga drivers it will ask you for a pass that you'll have to use later when rebooting, so

just enter it where it says and then it will be ok, and you will enter to Ubuntu and it will recognise your

1050 and it wont freeze!!

This helped me to correctly install Ubuntu18.04, so I hope this can help to others!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors