English Community

Linux Operating SystemsOther Linux Discussions
All Forum Topics

Lenovo YOGA C640 serious linux compatibility issues

2020-01-18, 13:02 PM

Hi everyone, i own this laptot since about 3 weeks. I have no problems in using windows 10 (except for a strange high RAM usage also in idle like 50% or so). I wanted to install linux for developing, and i tryied to boot manjaro linux. Here comes first problems, the same usb-key was working fine (talking about linux live distro) on a lenovo C930 and another 2-in-1 laptop with 8th gen intel core processors. I made to boot with just a single very old usb key. When in the live distro i had several video glitches, non working mouse, keyboard and obviously touchscreen. I could only use the terminal, wich was working fine. I then tryied booting linux mint, where the system worked much better except for touchscreen still, and most importantly network-card. Now i'm using a VM, but i really want to install linux in dual boot. I've already disable both fast boot and secure boot in my bios and this made some pen-drives to be recognized when booting, but on the usage i have several problems. I haven't tryied yet to completly install a linux distro, both because in my first choice (manjaro KDE) i simply couldn't proceed through the installation, and in mint because of non-working netcard. I don't think is fault of the pc, because another C730 i see work really well with linux. Maybe it could be the processore idk.

Specs:

CPU intel i5-10210U

Ram: 8 GB

SSD: 512 GB nvme m.2

with FullHD display (300 nits)

This was the only model sold in my country (-_-), i bought it mainly for the giant battery, and it works pretty well on windows, but i'm still pretty disappointed. I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks for your attention

Options

1 Posts

03-20-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo YOGA C640 serious linux compatibility issues

2020-03-20, 15:46 PM

Try Kubuntu, but don't upgrade it

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save