Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kacham1254
Paper Tape
Views: 4,206
Message 1 of 4

Linux on Lenovo 3000 Y410 56Q model

Hi,

Does any one had installed the Fedora or SUSE linux favour for the 3000 Y410 56Q model.If yes please let me know that is there any problem with installing and getting  drivers for all peripherals or evrything is working fine.

And I need the comments on this model.

Thanks,
venki
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 4,088
Message 2 of 4

Re: Linux on Lenovo 3000 Y410 56Q model

hi Smiley Happy
welcome to the community herez the link from which you may find ur drivers for ur system
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-48NT8D
gobo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,057
Message 3 of 4

it's interesting that no drivers have been posted for either the 3000 j115 desktop or the y510 notebook.

Highlighted
unicynic
Paper Tape
Views: 3,770
Message 4 of 4

I've tried openSUSE 10.3, Ubuntu 7.10, and Mandriva 2008.1.

For openSUSE, update to the latest SUSE kernel and Xorg 7.3 if you want Compiz-Fusion. Everything should work properly except sound, bluetooth, and wireless (and sometimes ethernet.. sometimes).

For Ubuntu, also like openSUSE but I didn't try to get Compiz to work. Also same problem with sound, bluetooth, and wireless.

For Mandriva, EVERYTHING works. Except sound, bluetooth, and wireless.

See, the problem is always sound and wireless and the solution for ALL distro is simple:

After you upgrade to the latest Alsa (Mandriva's already good), do this: press Fn-F1 to suspend the notebook and then press anything else to wake it up. Once awoke, press Fn-F5 to enable wireless and Fn-F6 for bluetooth. Sound will also work after suspend.

I think the wake-up script does something to enable these keys and so also enable these functions. For more info, see my investigation at http://blog.syafril.com/?p=38. I suspect if I can copy parts of the script used for wake up and put it somewhere during boot, maybe it will work every boot instead of having to suspend after booting. The problem is, I don't know WHICH script to get from and WHERE to put in boot.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors