Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
init
Paper Tape
Views: 7,890
Message 21 of 33

Re: Linux on Lenovo MiiX 320-10ICR

I think you misunderstood, I meant this Ubuntu 18.04 gnome(default) itself http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

Also, Are you sure that you have secure boot disabled?

unix1adm1
Punch Card
Views: 7,886
Message 22 of 33

yes according to the bios screen i disabled it.

i did this as step 1 before all this testing.

yes that looks like the same image i used.

However I wll try it again making sure to use your link.

yes md5 is matching on the one i did.

unix1adm1
Punch Card
Views: 7,861
Message 23 of 33

I tried the link you provided. I guess it is slightly different from the one i was using. See the attached screen shot. I did verify the secure boot option was disabled.

The usb stick does work on a laptop Lenovo r61. However it did keep logging me out of it. But booting it did work.

unix1adm1
Punch Card
Views: 7,778
Message 24 of 33

I did find this bug looks relatively new and pertains to my system https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1771486 Not sure it that is the only reason but contributor for sure.

init
Paper Tape
Views: 7,752
Message 25 of 33

From the screenshot, it looks like the machine is not able to mount the NTFS partition because Windows is still using it.

There are a couple of things to note here. Windows 10 has this feature called "Fast shutdown" or something like that, which means, 

when we shutdown a windows 10 machine, it doesn't actually completely shutdown, it's more like a hibernation. So, if you are trying to mount such a disk, you will get the error in the screenshot (the beginning part)

What I did (as explained in the post) is that, I first did a shrink on the C drive of Windows, which freed some disk, and left that as an empty partition. Then boot into the live USB, did all the editing of the boot options, and installed Ubuntu on this freed partition. 

Please try this way. 

unix1adm1
Punch Card
Views: 7,688
Message 26 of 33

Thank you. I did not want to install directly on my disk just yet but boot usb. yes I did make a 40G partition but have not tried to install yet. Yes the system was fully powered down. At least the light was out and I held the power button for several minuets to make sure it powered down 100%.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 7,664
Message 27 of 33

"Fully powered down" for a Win 10 machine is SHIFT + shutdown, or a shutdown with fast startup turned off.  Win 10 "normal" shutdown is more like hibernation.  Restart also invokes a full shutdown.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

unix1adm1
Punch Card
Views: 7,493
Message 28 of 33

I tried this as well. As I have been working on this for a month with no success. i am going to try 1 more thing and if not return the device and get Dell laptop and use centos on it. Ill have to pay a bit more and gain some weight but at least I know that will work.
unix1adm1
Punch Card
Views: 7,488
Message 29 of 33

Well i tried to install the Xubuntu now , not just run it from the USB. I get the power supply error message 1/2 way into the install. Wont power off do had to hold power button 20 sec to power down. I have a feeling ill be sending this back and getting a dell. Appears the latest code does not work on this device. This has nothing to do with me not trying everything under the sun to get it to work.

Keeps erroring out with powerfupply akp288_fuel_gauge: driver failed to report 'charge now' property: -6
over and over. from what i read this is a bug. Dont know when or if it will ever be resolved.

update : Tried it again stuck on creating user for 1.5 hrs now. Me thinks its not working.

unix1adm1
Punch Card
Views: 7,457
Message 30 of 33

closing this out . solution is to get a real computer like a dell not lenovo junk.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors