Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsOther Linux Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

102 Posts

02-14-2021

Ukraine

129 Signins

625 Page Views

• Views: 625
  • Message 371 of 744

Re:T14 AMD battery drain in standby (Linux)

2021-06-20, 7:51 AM

@Mark_Lenovo can you please make an update on this issue at least once a week. I don't want to wait another year to fix this issue.

(at this point i don't care about sleep drain, but the powered off drain fix would be really great).

Options

351 Posts

03-06-2021

Germany

193 Signins

2115 Page Views

• Views: 2115
  • Message 372 of 744

2021-06-20, 9:16 AM

@ alexkal wrote:

I don;t think that this laptop is designed and build by Lenovo. It must be a third party generic laptop manufacturer somewhere in China. I am convinced that the team behind T14, can;t even understand the issue. As far as I understand, even Mark cant;t verify the issue. I believe that this laptop ended up it the "T series" by "mistake".

Nothing to do with just the T series, P series, and others have the exact same problems.

Mark doesn't have access to the BIOS/platform source code ( from what I understand ) so there is no way

for him to understand or find anything. Without the code and platform documentation, there is no way of fixing

anything regarding BIOS bugs.

Options

58 Posts

04-17-2021

Greece

44 Signins

240 Page Views

• Views: 240
  • Message 373 of 744

2021-06-20, 9:38 AM

@ osnix wrote:

Mark doesn' have access to the BIOS/platform source code ( from what I understand ) so there is no way

for him to understand or find anything. Without the code and platform documentation, there is no way of fixing

I think he owns a T14 but he can't confirm the issue.

Options

351 Posts

03-06-2021

Germany

193 Signins

2115 Page Views

• Message 374 of 744

2021-06-20, 11:27 AM

@ alexkal wrote:

@ osnix wrote:

Mark doesn' have access to the BIOS/platform source code ( from what I understand ) so there is no way

I think he owns a T14 but he can' confirm the issue.

He owns a T14 prototype if I remember correctly, but we are not talking about confirming but fixing

or understanding the problem, which as I've said is impossible to do without the source code & documentation.

Options

10 Posts

05-18-2021

United States of America

26 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 375 of 744

2021-06-20, 15:19 PM

but the powered off drain fix would be really great

@ikovnatsky , wasn't this fixed by 1.32?

Mark doesn't have access to the BIOS/platform source code ( from what I understand ) so there is no way

for him to understand or find anything.

@osnix , @MarkRHPearson  is not the only Lenovo employee. If he can not understand the issue (no blame here), he could raise it to someone else who can.

If someone tags Mark in their messages, it's not because they expect Mark to singlehandedly fix the issue, but because Mark is the one who responds here on Lenovo's behalf (I hope). Please, do not help Lenovo by coming up with excuses for them. Lenovo must handle the issue. Whether it's Mark or some contractor who produced the EFI code I don't care. I want the issue fixed.

My 2 cents on the loyalty and reputation hit: I personally own 3 Lenovo laptops right now and use another one issued to me by my employer (I've been given a choice of Macbook/Dell/Lenovo). That's how loyal I've been to the brand so far despite unpopular decisions on their side like no SD card slot in new models, thinness over ergonomics, etc.. If this is not fixed, I won't trust this brand anymore and will look elsewhere.

Options

102 Posts

02-14-2021

Ukraine

129 Signins

625 Page Views

• Views: 625
  • Message 376 of 744

2021-06-20, 15:33 PM

> @ikovnatsky , wasn't this fixed by 1.32?

nah, it’s still draining exact same as in 1.29. powered off state: 1% in 2-4 days.

Options

10 Posts

05-18-2021

United States of America

26 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 377 of 744

2021-06-20, 15:40 PM

nah, it’s still draining exact same as in 1.29. powered off state: 1% in 2-4 days.

How would I know: mine sits on my desk, connected to charger 24/7, lol, so much for a ultraportable laptop.
The results you've shared match my expectations for the suspend mode in 2021.

Have anyone here considered starting a class-action against Lenovo? Does anyone have an experience in this? Maybe we could share contacts and discuss our options in more details?

Options

351 Posts

03-06-2021

Germany

193 Signins

2115 Page Views

• Message 378 of 744

2021-06-20, 16:06 PM

@ koiuo wrote:

@osnix , @MarkRHPearson  is not the only Lenovo employee. If he can not understand the issue (no blame here), he could raise it to someone else who can.

If someone tags Mark in their messages, it' not because they expect Mark to singlehandedly fix the issue, but because Mark is the one who responds here on Lenovo' behalf (I hope). Please, do not help Lenovo by coming up with excuses for them. Lenovo must handle the issue. Whether it' Mark or some contractor who produced the EFI code I don' care. I want the issue fixed.

I know, this thread is very long but you should really try to fully read it.

Mark already explained who he is and his role @ Lenovo.

I don't come with excuses, I just try to explain how development is working.

OFC Lenovo has to fix that and various other issues are still around.

I own affected products too, is not like I don't want the issues fixed :)

I fully understand you but again, *I don't care*, *I want ...*, isn't going to help

anyone and won't make all issues disappear, especially when complaining in forum threads.

The right way is to open a ticket for each affected product with Lenovo's customer service

and ask every 24h about the status of the issue. In fact, we all should do this.

Best regards,

Gabriel

Options

26 Posts

10-10-2020

Belgium

35 Signins

155 Page Views

• Views: 155
  • Message 379 of 744

2021-06-20, 16:13 PM

It's been months since we ask what we can do to help.

I understand that at one point people begin losing their patience. 

These machines cost a lot, and as a customer you don't really care who or how an issue has to be fixed.

I'm sure Mark does his best, and there's a lot of people in this thread willing to help (we can share data, we can test firmwares, even sending our laptop if needed), but it doesn't seem to make anything better or faster.So at this point, what more can we do ? Wait a few more months ?

Options

351 Posts

03-06-2021

Germany

193 Signins

2115 Page Views

• Message 380 of 744

2021-06-20, 16:14 PM

@ koiuo wrote:

How would I know: mine sits on my desk, connected to charger 24/7, lol, so much for a ultraportable laptop.
The results you' shared match my expectations for the suspend mode in 2021.

Have anyone here considered starting a class-action against Lenovo? Does anyone have an experience in this? Maybe we could share contacts and discuss our options in more details?

You have zero chances of winning over this issue alone.

There isn't a standard for 'power drain on <some supend> mode',

moreover, have a look at their e-cert, it is certified with this crazy power drain,

don't ask me how...

It is probably possible to win over 'lack of proper support for various components  in OS XYZ',

while they sold you the machine with the support for that OS, therefore misleading you..

Best regards,

Gabriel

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms