Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsOther Linux Discussions
All Forum Topics
Options

772 Posts

07-22-2019

Canada

502 Signins

5981 Page Views

• Views: 5981
  • Message 841 of 841

Re:T14 AMD battery drain in standby (Linux)

2021-09-08, 15:10 PM

Hi

On that birthday note...just to let you know, and to be transparent, I am planning on locking this thread.

The 1.35 BIOS released, which I will mark as the solution (once I find it), would appear to have resolved the main issue which prompted this discussion.  However the ongoing extended conversation on further improvements, and other platforms, are going to become lost and more difficult to follow with time and, when resolved, very difficult for others to find.

@agnosticon - please create a new topic for the T14G2 AMD platform. As a note - we've not completed certification on this platform yet (mostly due to WLAN issues) but let's pick that platform up as a new thread and dig into the issues there

There is still ongoing work by AMD and the FW team to lower battery drain more - and some great findings from the community with pointers on that. I don't have an update to share and, it's made me hesitant to close this thread. But at this point I'd like to carry on those discussions as two new topics with:

1) S3 improvements - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Other-Linux-Discussions/T14-T14s-X13-G1-AMD-Linux-S3-standby-battery-drain-improvements/m-p/5098252

2) Enabling S0ix - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Other-Linux-Discussions/Linux-S0ix-support-on-AMD-platforms/m-p/5098254

I'll try and link to some of the key posts here too, but haven't dug thru all the posts yet to be able to do that.

There were other platforms and issues raised in this thread that I'll aim to review and create new topics on too - but if I miss anything please do create those and we'll catch those. It's going to take me some time to chew thru this :(

The aim here is to make it easier for users on this forum to find answers. This thread no longer achieves that - I read every post and I'm lost at this point with all the details and want to try something better. 

Thanks

Mark

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)